Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

No Image

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Anyone who says you can't find a decent matte eyeshadow at the drugstore needs a crash course in Maybelline 101, because this shade along with Earthly Taupe and Made for Mocha are every bit as smooth, creamy and pigmented as anything from my UD Naked palette.

This color is your very classic vanilla color that can be used as a wash all over the lid or a browbone highlight if you're going for a subtle shimmer-free look. I don't mind using the sponge applicator it comes with, or my finger to apply this because you will get a lot more pigment out of it this way versus using a brush.

Love the eyeshadow. It works well on my oily eyelids. Wish the brush lasted longer.

on 3/25/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is just and average vanilla colored eyeshadow that can be used to highlight under your brows or as a base. It looks matte but it actually has a bit of shimmer but it's not to noticeable. I like it but I don't love it and I would repurchase only if wet n wild discontinues my beloved brulee

on 1/5/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

To second the reviewer a couple reviews down, I have to agree that this is a nicer product that Covergirl's French Vanilla, which I was previously using. I was satisfied enough with French Vanilla as it was the only shadow I had purchased in this type of shade and it worked well enough, but I picked up Maybelline Linen (almost identical shades) instead the last time I was at the store because they haven't had French Vanilla in stock for some time and Maybelline's shadows were on sale. I am sooo glad I tried this and will now switch over to using it regularly. It's smoother/creamier in texture and application than Covergirl French Vanilla, the shimmer is more subtle and it wears longer. I also find there's less fallout onto my black eyeliner. I really like it and would recommend for a drugstore eyeshadow in this shade!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Linen is a good highlight shade. It's not too white or too much of a skintone cream shade. Somewhere in the middle, so it gives a great glowing effect as a slight shimmer. It's not over the top on shimmer, but does reflect and illuminate eyes. I'd call it more vanilla than linen.

Popular Eye Shadows