MAC Cosmetics Sassed-Up

No Image

3.2

on 2/29/2008 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is not a blush and not an all-over highlighter. If that is what you're looking for, don't buy this; you'll only be disappointed.

If you like a bit of glitter and a very faint pink colour to highlight then this is great. It's glittery and I would never apply it all over my face, but using a little to highlight the cheekbones looks quite elegant. If I buff in well and don't use too much I can even wear it to work!

The compact is lovely and (as mentioned) not a sticker like most of the other Fafi products.

Me: Moderately fair skin (MAC NC 20-25), blue eyes, light brown hair.

on 5/4/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

the packaging on this is so beautiful! i love the fafi packaging! but not with the product....i used this as a highlighter on my cheeks and neck...and i had glitter everywhere!! didnt give me a nice glow....love the packaging but have to swap it away...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I really am enamored with the FAFI casing for this product! It's adorable! The iridescent powder inside is a peachy-pink shade with glitter. Once you buff away the glitter, you're left with a soft pretty peach color.

Deffinatly wouldn't buy this again. The packaging is gorgeous and so is the colour but the glitter is so OTT that i have never used it and probably never will.

on 7/12/2008 9:23:00 PM

I got Sassed-Up and Belightful from the Fafi collection, both my first irridescent powders, and I love them both. Sassed up is a light pinky-peach with glitter. If you dislike, or are even neutral, on glitter then you probably won't be happy with this. I would say this contains fairly good sized particles of glitter (not micro-shimmer) that are noticable, and it's easy to go overboard and look like a disco ball if you're not careful. I don't want to scare people - it doesn't look like arts and crafts, hobby store glitter. But yes, it is noticable. I would not recommend this for conservative, natural, "toned-down" looks. But if, like me, you love glitter and fun playful looks then this is a great item to have. I usually use it on my cheeks, but in small amounts it could be applied to places like the brow bone, bridge of the nose, and chin for some highlights. Or maybe even for a fun night out on the shoulders and decollete. On my NW-15 skin it shows up well enough by itself, but it also could be lightly layered over blushes for a little extra shimmer. I wish I had a back-up of this. If this is ever re-relased I will be all over it!

on 7/3/2008 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

i like to wear it over hipness or joyous blush its pretty and the glitter is not really noticeable
i wear this everyday to work and its not OTT
i would not buy it again (LE anyway) since i like the MSF skinfinishes better
sassed up is not a must have

on 5/23/2008 11:39:00 AM

Oh..why the low ratings for sassed-up? This is a wonderful product as a blusher or highlighter,a beautiful peach color. The glitters might be a little big but it can be easily buff off with a brush.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So pretty in the compact but it's going back to MAC. This has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much glitter and is not appropriate for me to wear to work.

Bummer...it iIS a pretty color, but the glitter is over the top.

Really was disappointed with this. Love the compact but, for me, this is too much glitter, hard to blend and very little color which is sad cause it's a beautiful shade ... would Not repurchase.

The best thing about this is the cute compact. I do wear it w hipness but I don't think it's that special. The MSFs are much more special. Pretty though. Would not repurchase.