MAC Cosmetics Sassed-Up

No Image

3.2

on 2/13/2008 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

its poorly pigmented and the glitter doesnt stay on my cheeks. cute compact though.

on 2/14/2008 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is ok. Don't be scared when you open it and see GLITTER (and I mean GLITTER!!!), it buffs out to a nice sheen. It's not really pigmented enough to use by itself, and it's too pigmented to use over a blush (unless I was just being heavy handed), but I found a nice balance by using it over my Warmed MSF. The color itself is a dusty orangey coral, and it's pretty but I don't think I'd spend $21 to buy this again if it were permanent. I love that the compact has a mirror in it, and the compac itself is SOO cute, I love having it in my bag. Maybe I'll find a new way to use this and decide that Iove it, and if that happens I'll edit my review, but in the meantime I'm content, but not blown away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So not getting this to the point that I am going to take this back. It looks like the color in Cargos Blu Ray Collection it can also be similar to the NARS Orgasm, When it wore off it did leave glitter all of me to the extent that people asked me if I had put on my Slice of Heaven Victorias Secret Body Glitter. I think that this has a tad too much glitter and even using a "skunk" I was unable to get it to blend out. I say save your money and opt for some of the other stuff in the Fafi collection as this one gals is a let down!

on 2/16/2008 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

hey LADIES...U HAVE TO TRY THIS NICE FACE SHIMMER AND GLOW OVER HIPNESS BLUSH...THATS HOW U WEAR SASSED UP NOT BY ITSELF!! CHECK IT! REMEMBER OVER HIPNESS LOL...ITS GREAT.

on 2/16/2008 4:56:00 PM

Ok...I confess...I bought this mainly for its packaging( even the packaging is not so great after all). I so want to love it but...I am really not sure if I, or anybody, really NEED this product.

In the pan it's nice--super glittery peachy color but on my face( I am fair medium) it's practically invisible on its own. I need to build it up to see any color payoff, then it becomes a bit too glittery for my taste.

It's nice to use with Hipness blush, or with any other peachy/coral blushes though, but those blushes are lovely on their own anyway. Sassed-up doesn't really add much to their loveliness.

The glitters in Sassed-up is fortunately fine enough and won't turn into a glittery bomb even if you overapply it, but the glitters settle into pores and travel all over face. The overall effect is actually more subtle than what I thought but I frankly prefer MAC MSFs or BPs.

on 2/16/2008 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm really liking this. First, the packaging! Very cute. And not a sticker, as with some of the other Fafi products. Sassed Up is a mid-tone pink, not bright or baby pink, somewhere in the middle. Iridescent Pressed Powders are glittery, do not be mistaken. They are not iridescent. They are basically glitter powders. The great thing about Sassed Up is that the base color is lovely and the glitter can be buffed down to a pretty, flushed pink with a little sparkle. If the glitter couldn't be buffed down properly, this would be a no-no, but it does. I'm quite pleased with the finish, I get a nice in-from-the-cold flush (I'm NW15/EM Cool Fair). If you don't have a similar blush or powder, I highly recommend this one! Some may even *love* the glitter, though I'm not one of them. Still a great product, it's had great wear through the day-- no fading. Plus, it's almost worth the $$ just for the cute, LE compact. My advice is to give this a try, even if the glitter is intimidating. If you can get the base color to show up on you, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

seriously, i dun understand y theres so many negative comments. i just bought it today & tried it. Wow... It shows up a nice, natural pinkish color on my cheeks. im asia/NW20-25. perharps im the only one who likes glitters. the package is v cute!!! i nv regret buying it

on 2/29/2008 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is not a blush and not an all-over highlighter. If that is what you're looking for, don't buy this; you'll only be disappointed.

If you like a bit of glitter and a very faint pink colour to highlight then this is great. It's glittery and I would never apply it all over my face, but using a little to highlight the cheekbones looks quite elegant. If I buff in well and don't use too much I can even wear it to work!

The compact is lovely and (as mentioned) not a sticker like most of the other Fafi products.

Me: Moderately fair skin (MAC NC 20-25), blue eyes, light brown hair.

on 3/3/2008 3:10:00 PM

I love the microshimmer in this! It's so glam and pretty, and looks gorgeous at night over Hipness or Stereo Rose on my NC30 skin. When buffed, it is such a soft, pale buff pinky gold, and it just looks dynamite. I don't know why this hasn't gotten much love. Granted, this is tough to wear during the day, but for night, it's got that sparkly effect which I happen to love. Then again, I prefer sparkles over sheen (which most MSF's impart - don't get me wrong, I looooove MSF's!). So this is a keeper!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like this product. Limited edition product from the FAFI collection released February 2008. Retails for $21 and comes in a black compact with a FAFI logo that is actually imprinted on the compact, not a sticker like the shadows, gloss and lipstick. Sassed up is a soft pink with a soft peachy undertone. IT has golden microglitter shot through. I could probably do without the glitter but the glitter is finely milled to its not overly garish. If i layer the color i can almost get enough for a pale soft blush on my nc30 skintone but i prefer it layered over another blush. Very pretty.