3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

My Holy Grail y'all! I bought this at Danabeauty.com and also at another retailer this year 2020 (actually bought a few backups) 😏😉...the current formulation is lovely! Amber-y (to me), powdery, soft, just beautiful!!!!!! It is long lasting too, as in I can smell it on my sweater the next day! There is nothing that can compare to this beautiful thing! I'm actually using this every day right now! It's just perfection!

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

1.0

5 years ago

I bought this online despite all of the negative reviews of the reformulation, and I'm sad to say this is not like the original Helen Rubinstein Heaven Sent. The reviewer who said it smells like feminine hygiene products is spot on. I also think it smells like scented tampons. What a shame :(

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

6 years ago

I loved this in the 1980s and bought the Dana version for a sentimental journey. Sad to report, it's not the same beautiful drugstore scent made by Helena Rubinstein. The new Dana version doesn't open as fresh and citrusy-floral as the original version. The dry-down is similar after awhile with that spicey, soapy, clean, baby powder scent that can be so soft and pretty. But the HR version still has the under lying light lemon and white floral be eath tne spcey powder. Yeah, compared with some of today's sweet and fruity perfumes (and i have some I love, like Flowerbomb), this might smell old fashioned, but it,s still very pretty. I bought a vintage bottle on eBay so I could compare them and the HR version is the winner.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairGrey, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

2.0
from

7 years ago

Smells like generic feminine hygiene product. Not bad, but don't bother.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

7 years ago

This is a floral perfume that initially smells pretty and powdery to wear during the day. As the scent dries down i notice a smell like grass. It reminds me of the gap scent called grass. Im not that fond of anything that smells really green. If i could get past the green, this could be very nice.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

You wont get into any Trouble when H.S is around If i had to rename this it'll be named Pollyanna! H.S is your Goody Too-shoes kind of a gal,Unobtrusive She's the one who wont to Bed till i'm Legally Wed Straight A Student Goes home an hour early of expected Curfew in Fear of disrespecting her Parents Never Smokes Swears or Parties out all night She's an Element of Innocence Purity & Naivete, H.S Is the Lightness To the Polar Nicotine Stained Opposite Of Bad Girl Habanita and her Leather Sisters Bandit & Cabochard Who Picks on Poor H.S for being so Good plain dull and Virginal, Well H.S may not be the most Voluptuous, Creature but bring a sense of Warmness with the Presence of Pale pink roses with Creature but bring a sense of Warmness with the Presence of Pale pink roses with nuances of Musk as the Support Conjours Feelings of First Love and Nostalgic yearnings.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrunette

8 years ago

I had this in the 80's, used it up, then saw this today in the store. My initial blast of this tiny gift set rite aid bottle was metallic and unpleasant, but the second spritz applied an hour later was MUCH better, with the creamy quality I adore in scents. I do not do old school scents in general. This initially was richer and less powdery than I remember. I would not call this a light scent for teens, unlike how it used to be advertised, but the powdery quality does come in and stay in after a few minutes on your skin.

About reviewer (813 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

10 years ago

Note: I am reviewing the latest version by Dana, NOT the terrible reformulation by New Dana.This is the one in the hourglass-shaped bottle similar to what was used years ago, and it has been returned to its original scent. I found a gift assortment of little bottles on sale at the drugstore & Heaven Scent was among them, so out of curiosity I got it to see if it was different from the awful "New Dana". Thank goodness it is - one whiff and I knew it was the lovely fragrance of many years ago, when every young girl seemed to be given a bottle once she was old enough to wear real scent. While there is that light, youthful quality about it, it's perfectly appropriate for any age group as it's far more complex than the ocean of celebrity-labeled teenybopper stuff that's out now. It's definitely floral with a hint of powder, not the sickly sweet baby powder note but just a softness, and there is a slightly warm undertone that I can't put my finger on. It was originally concocted in the 30s when fragrances were carefully composed to unfold into something unique, and for many years it was a prestige item as were so many things we now find in the drugstore. I can't be bothered with the snobbery that's overtaken the high-end fragrance world, even if I could afford the "artisan" scents that are the darlings of the beauty editors, so I make no apology for using something labeled cheap and old-fashioned by others. Scent is the most personal of all beauty products, so it's very likely that a fashionablr $200 one can smell awful on certain people while a $15 find from the bottom shelf of the drugstore can smell fantastic, In any event, Heaven Sent recaptures the pleasant memories of my youth so I'll be getting the full-size bottle as soon as I'm done with my miniature.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

11 years ago

I am commenting on the origianl Heaven Sent by Helena Rubinstein. You can still find the original version on eBay and I bought a 2 ounce spray for $19.99 a few weeks ago. I have other bottles of the original that I've picked up through the years. Heaven Sent is a fragrance that hold many memories for me and I wear it strictly when I get nostalgic for my younger years. It is very powdery and soft. It is my safe scent but I don't wear it all that often since it is getting harder to find. I used to love Helena Rubinstein makeup and can remember when it was sold alongside the better makeup brands at fine department stores.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrown

12 years ago

Based on Gretchen's review, I took a chance and ordered the new swirl bottle version of Heaven Sent. I just received it today and am very pleasantly surprised that this smells like the original Mem formula to me. If this isn't the exact formula, it's so close that I can't detect any difference. I do know that it's not that horrible stuff Dana tried to pass off in 2001 as HS. I got a 3.4 oz. bottle for $12.95 and I'm very, very pleased to have this wonderful classic back. The only thing I don't like about it is the new poem on the bottle. Dana should have also returned to using the poem from the 70s: "A Fragrance full of rain-washed breezes, of poems waiting to be written, born of music, tender as love, fresh as laughter, free as flight-a scent so full of gentleness and dreams, it says what you have no words for. Heaven Sent Eau de Parfum Spray... Gently caress your body in the romantic fragrance of Heaven Sent." But, they've returned to the original formula, I guess I can live with the new poem.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium