Freeman Body Butter-Sunflower & Vanilla Sugar

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The best thing about it is the smell - sweet and not overwhelming. Then goes the affordable price. And only then its moisturizing effects. Its a bit to thick, but goes well on wet skin. I don't use it daily, its a good treatment for small areas. I might buy this again if I ever finish it - a huge pot, doesn't even come to the middle for 2 years.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Freeman has done it again. Made a really nice product for not alot of money. It's mostly cocoa butter, along with sunflower oil and other natural ingrediants, so it's just a really nice quality product. It works well on my very dry skin on my knees and heels. It's nice and comforting for the cooler weather months. It's a full 8oz jar that lasts a long time. Nevermind the smell! Heavenly buttery vanilla with a nice little kick of something else. I think it's the sunflower it's just delish. I really think for under 4 bucks a jar you should give it a try. Just goes to show you quality can be found in a large jar for not alot of money.

on 3/20/2006 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Received this in a swap in the summer last year, and while it originally smelled really nice, it seems to have lost its potency over time. Also, the texture just sucks, it feels almost gummy and jelly-like - it doesn't absorb at all!! When I poke the lotion, my finger just bounces back. I don't know if this is due to the fact that it's old or anything (I don't know how long the previous swapper had it for). Such a shame, because I love my sister's pearberry one!!! Sigh. Into the trash this goes!

on 7/25/2005 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just recieved this today, it is very thick and made my hands feel very soft. The scent is wonderful and not over powering. I would make a re-purchase of this and it is cheap and great quality.

on 12/21/2005 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, how I love this body butter!
Smells great, does a great job moisturizing and is cheap.
I must have bought it four or five times by now (and I rarely stick to one product, unless I find it perfect).
I can't remember ever being disappointed by Freeman's products, they really are good quality for the price.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok, I love the smell but the consistency is just WEIRD. I mean, it feels dry and pasty and if you use too much it won't absorb. I only use it one my feet before I put socks on but then my feet stick to my socks, so I don't think it works so well. I won't get this one again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the worst body butter I ever tried! Where do I begin...first of all, it's hard like wax, you have to scrape it out of the jar. Applying it is so difficult, you rub and rub and rub FOREVER and it never seems to sink in. It leaves a film on my skin which later starts to flake off. It doesn't feel moisturizing at all. And I don't see the big deal about the scent..I can barely smell it. A big disappointment! Thank God it was dirt cheap to buy because this is going in the trash!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Smells lovely, but it's not very moisturizing. It's one of those *deceptively* moisturizing products...you think it's going to be moisturizing because it's thick, but really it's not. I thought this was difficult to apply (especially for entire-body application) because of its paste-like consistency. And like I said, it's really not very moisturizing. Very cheap, though.

on 1/31/2005 12:30:00 AM

I was very excited when I first got this because I have found their products to be a great value. When I first I thought, wow, this body butter smells really wonderful, just as the title sounds. The body butter itself, however, is a piece of wax. It sits on top of the skin and doesn't absorb, much less moisturize. The only reason I'm giving it 2 stars is that it smells so wonderful I can't bare to part with it, and after shower I'll rub over soaked heels and then my feet will smell great, but other than that this has little usage other than aromatherapy.

This is a really great body butter, one of the best i've tried. I'm usually not a big fan of vanilla-scented products, but the scent of this is wonderful! I agree with other reviewers that say it takes a while to sink in, but it does an excellent job of moisturizing. For under $5, it can't be beat.