Sunsilk Waves of Envy Sea Mist [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/22/2010 8:44:00 PM

OK, I **LOVE** this stuff! What a pleasant surprise. With the super humid Midwest summer weather, I've been trying everything possible to manage my hair. With all of the straightening / defrizzing products I've been using, my colored / highlighted hair has been getting crazy dry. I have a slight wave to my hair, but can't let it dry naturally without looking weird. It tends to stay straight at the top and gets wavy at the ends. Today I did without my usual straightening products, and just spritzed on some of this. Put some clips in my hair to help it stay "scrunched" while it air dried. AMAZING waves, all over! Plus it smells good and didn't get at all crunchy. Better yet, I picked it up on sale at Big Lots -- so I went back today to buy a few more bottles. :)

on 6/24/2010 12:45:00 AM

I love this product! I have very fine straight hair and this works really geat to create some beachy waves in my hair. I think it has a really pleasing smell to it too. I actually would use this on dry hair and then scrunch up or twist my hair for a few minutes. It had great hold for the waves to last all day. I also used this as a spray before I used a waver tool that I have to create a loose wave in my hair and it works great if I want something a little more defined/polished.

I am really trying to find this product in any store near me, since last summer and I have had NO LUCK! The only place I saw it was amazon and ebay. I think it is because of the rebranding of the product. Seems as though the old products and formulas have vanished from shelves. If anyone knows where to find it in the North East US, please let me know!

EDIT: I was recently at my local Big Lots and they had a ton of these for $2 a bottle! I picked up three. I have tried to find them elsewhere and they have been discontinued. If you have one near you, they may carry it!

on 5/2/2010 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not sure what I was expecting of this product, but I think I am still waiting.

If I wash my hair, spray on damp hair, and put it in a bun, yes, my hair kinda looks wavy. But it looks so unnatural since from the roots till half way down my hair, I have VERY straight hair (due to the bun as well), and then the waves appear again.

I used to have wavy hair, but since I moved to the desert, and considering before I lived in a place more humid... well, my hair is simply straight now.

Then if I spray on damp hair, then crunch it up... yes some waves appear, and they kinda look natural again... But the hair appears "wet" and it feels stiff.

I gotta say though: love the smell. And I am still trying and using it. Just today I tried and curl my hair with a curling iron after using this... and it did work.

on 6/9/2010 9:49:00 AM

this is my holy grail. I have about 5 sprays left in the bottle and have been using it only for special occasions because this is impossible to find. That is how much I love this product. My hair is naturally wavy and this helps define and bump up my waves. If I don't use some sort of beach spray my waves fall flat. It works on damp hair too! I love braiding my dry hair into four braids and spraying this on it. I get really defined waves. Personally, I think its better that Bumble & Bumble in more than one aspect (cost, packaging, formula) I loooove the smell. The nozzle sometimes gets jammed up but I shake it a little and good to go.

This product really doesn't do anything for waves, but that's not why I bought it, so I'm perfectly okay with that. :)

It's a funky blue color, and smells kindof like the ocean. (Well, more like seasalt and kelp. Like the Washington ocean). I have VERY straight hair, but it's thick at the same time. I always straigten my hair, and then spray three pumps over my head, and scrunch it up a bit. It creates JUST the right ammount of texture. (It sounds weird... but trust me, this works!)

I'm actually kindof upset, Sunsilk is going through rebranding, so their products have all been pulled from the shelf, and I can't find them anywhere! I guess I'll have to resort to Amazon. My bottle is almost empty. :(

I bought this last summer but its been sitting on my bathroom counter. Ive heard that people were sad that they cant find this anymore, so i gave this a try. It smells really really good. I have naturally wavy hair, so when my hair is damp, i spritz this in and scrunch it up. It makes my hair a little more wavy and looks way better! Now im sad that they DC this because i use all the time! The mist is so nice since it doesnt leave my hair feeling greasy

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This doesn't do much for waves - I wasn't expected it to. I wanted texture and that's just what I got from this amazing spray. I believe it was around $4 or so - I've found it several places. A quick spritz over damp hair before I blow-dry and it keeps me incredible texture and a little more volume (unexpected). It also serves as somewhat of a heat-protectant. I noticed my ends weren't as frizzy or as dry when I used this. I'm blaming it on this spritz.

Will definitely continue to buy. (This works beautifully in conjunction with the Waves of Envy Gel/Cream as well.)

I find that this worked better for me than the Bumble & Bumble Beach Waves Salt spray. It's alot cheaper, too. When I don't feel like curling or straightening my hair, I will scrunch it. I'll apply this to dry or damp hair and it gives flexible waves that you can still run your hands through. I need to buy some more!

I did not get to try this product, but please listen to me.

THIS HAS A HORRIBLE PACKAGING QUALITY!
I had to drive half an hour to get this product, right when i got home I used it, but I forgot to put the cap on it. A little bit later, I come back and find ALL of the liquid in the bottle GONE! The liquid is all over the counter and on the floor.

Also, this stuff smells like alchohol!

on 2/20/2010 6:31:00 PM

I bought this product in hopes that it would give me bouncy beach waves, without having to curl my hair for an hour. I have straight, medium length hair. I usually take a shower before bed, then I spray this on, and put it in a bun to create waves. I take the bun out in the morning, and I really like the result. It is not crunchy, it kind of looks like I crimped my hair, but it really does look good!

Popular Styling Products