3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

15 years ago

You can't go wrong w/MAC Kohls they are the BEST! I can't get any other liner to show up in my waterline at all. The colors are gorgeous and unique. I have Resort ( a true purple), Teddy (shimmering brown/bronze/gold), Minted (bright mint green), Prunella (dark black/plum), and Foxxy Lady (burgundy/red.) All of these colors make my dark brown eyes stand out! MAC kohls are my HG of e/l I can't live w/out them!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBrunette

15 years ago

Got it in black. Best pencil liner ever. I've tried Chanel/Anna Sui/Nars etc nothing better than this. Goes on like a dream, requires zero effort to achieve a perfect straight line, does not have to pile up to get the effect you're after. Does not smear/smudge like a lot of liners do. Perfect !!! Will re-purchase.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinDry

15 years ago

Love the consistency (doesn't tug eyelids) and colors. Mine is a kind of purple (label says 'icon eyes', but I've never heard of this as a color; bought it at the airport in Denmark, so who knows!). Only gripe is that you must reapply, probably every 4 hours, as it wears off (regardless of how you set it, etc.) Weird thing is that it kind of disappears over time (e.g., I don't find that it migrates to the crease of my eye, like my Chanel Yeux does - guess that's a good thing?, but it just fades out or something!) MAC has waterproof pencils that I would assume have much better staying power, but the colors weren't has compelling (no 'pop' - most were saturated, matte colors).

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age30-35

15 years ago

I got this in black beacuse i like to line in the inner rims of my eyes and this was perfect for it bc it showed up really well and was very smootha nd easy to apply .. and other times i would use it to make a smoky eye .. Works well i would buy this again

About reviewer (12 reviews)

HairBlond

EyesBlue

15 years ago

Beautiful bronzy brown color which doesn't look hard like some blackish e/l colors can on some fair skinned ladies.Goes on smoothly,but has a tendency to smear.But what kohl doesn't?

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

16 years ago

I have a MAC kohl eyeliner in Blooz and I really hate it. The color just isn't my thing (this weird purplish hue), but even worse (something that not even basic black could save) is that it smears and gets all over the bottom eyeline. I like my eyeliners to go on nice and clear so this is probably just personal preference. Still, it's practically inexcuseable that it doesn't apply evenly.<p> EDOT: All right, I've changed my mind about this eye kohl. I'm really beginning to like it... even the violet hue. I mean it works for a subtly different look and it doesn't smear too easily. The thing that really bothers me is that the eyeliner is so long... I usually apply my makeup in front of a hanging mirror and I always end up poking my eyeballs when I try and put this on my bottom eyeline. Other than that, pretty darn good eye kohl.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

16 years ago

I will agree that MAC's eye kohls are very smudgy and don't tend to last, but I love smudginess (is that even a word?) in an eyeliner. I have this product in Tin-Tin (a beautiful metallic silver) and I love how easy it is to smudge the line for that smokey eye look. I don't like very distinct lines when it comes to eyeliner, so this stuff is a dream come true. Before this I had tried L'Oreal's silver eyeliner/shadow pencil with the built in smudger (can't remember the name of it, sorry) and wasn't terribly impressed. The color was great, but it was hard to smudge and it pulled at my eyes, but MAC's eye kohls are different. They go on so smoothly with no pulling and they're incredibly easy to smudge. The bottom line is these are great pencils if you want something in a beautiful color that you can smudge easily or if you don't mind a little smudginess. But if you're looking for something that stays put come hell or high water, these aren't for you. But I, for one, would definitely buy this again in a heartbeat.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

EyesBlue

16 years ago

I have tried MACs power point pencils and eye pencils, both didn't perform nearly as bad on me as the eye kohl. I don't know why, these pencils turned out to be utter crap. UPDATE: I finally figured out how to work these things and I like it :)

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Other, Fine

EyesBlack

1.0

16 years ago

Absolutely hated it. It doesn't stay on AT ALL and not very pigmented! I expected more from the fairly expensive price.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

1.0

16 years ago

used this couple of times and hate it every time i used it. It won't stay put at all. Its a waist of money if you looking for something that stays.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

Age25-29