Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

3.8

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

on 8/5/2017 3:43:00 PM

TL;DR: this crumbles/flakes a lot. Doesn't run/smudge/stain. Best for natural-ish look; no double coats, no double sweeps even.

Update 1: waterproofness (tested spraying, then splashing with lots of cool water) is impressive tho.

My first tubing mascara. Figured I'd get a high-rated one so if it sucked, I'd know the tubing formula doesn't work for me and wouldn't blame the brand and go down that rabbit hole. (And if I liked it I'd look for a drugstore find version.)

It performs like people say tubing mascaras perform: isn't much affected by sweat or oils or humidity, instead it's brittle and flakes a lot. If I do just one sweep at each place (advisable with this anyway) and am super super conscious not to touch my eyes, it generates about 2 flakes/hour the first few hours, then accelerates. If I rub an eye lightly just once, hooh boy. It rains flakes and never stops till I remove it completely.
Since it dries fast and is so brittle you have an extremely short window of opportunity to comb. Which is not great since it does clump (not for the first few uses, but now after 5-6 it's starting to). Just now, I put it on 1,5 hours ago and combed through one eyelash after applying both. The one I didn't comb hasn't flaked yet, under the other one I have 3 flakes. (I'm just at home screwing around btw, obviously, so not exactly doing a stress test.)

It comes off the way it's supposed to, with warm water and gentle pinching, and then the skin around the eyes is fully clean.
But it's quite a lot of work to get a my-lashes-but-better look.

P.S. Estee Lauder tests on animals. EU outlawed that shit, but I just realized of course that doesn't affect these companies that keep testing overseas. Duh. If I'd do this over I'd try blinc or Trish McEvoy's version. Not sure of best cruelty free DS tubing mascaras to try, but there must be a bunch - Nyx, E.l.f., Milani, Essence etc are all cruelty free.

This mascara helps a lot with volume and my lashes stay curled from the A.M to the P.M it is hard to remove so I can wear it underwater even though it ls not waterproof. If you are looking for a good quality mascara I would highly recommend this one

on 3/12/2017 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This makes my lashes look okay - pretty mediocre. It doesn't flake or smudge or cause any weird clumping or spidery lashes. However, my eyes itch a bit when I wear it and my lashes fall out at a higher rate than normal, partly because it's a bit difficult to remove. It's also a bit dry looking. Didn't even finish my tube.

99.9 percent of mascaras smudges on me. This one is great. It didn't smudge. I tested it at the gym just to see and it does smudge a bit but realistically makeup at the gym is not good to wear anyways. I like the lengthening formula and I will definitely buy again. The matching liquid eyeliner pen is absolutely fabulous too. It does not smudge. I was using clinique high impact curling tube mascara before but it's too much off a pain to remove it. It's warm water removal but u have to keep wiping it so I'm happy I found this. I'm not sure how this would hold up at a funeral or wedding.

on 12/23/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have an issue with mascara smudging on me as I have oily lids. 99% of mascaras smudge on me, waterproof or not. I decided to test this one out as it says zero smudge, however, I typically prefer waterproof versions as it holds a curl. This mascara on its own does not hold a curl well, to be expected. I have short straight Asian lashes so I always prefer waterproof. However, after curling my lashes, I use the Shiseido nourishing mascara base as a primer prior to applying this and my curl holds. The formula is pretty good and not too drying or watery. Like other reviewers, I wish it was more voluminous but I don't think this mascara was advertised for it as it is more of a lengthening mascara. The plus side is that there is not much smudging, or very little for me. And because it is not waterproof, it is easier to remove. The brush itself is thinner than most mascara wants out there, which I like. It is easier to apply in the inner corners of the lashes without touching the rest of the eye skin. There's no scent to the product either that I've noted. I would likely repurchase this mascara again for the comfort of less smudging and easy to remove. Good for everyday natural wear but definitely not for a night out where you want the vavoom lashes.

on 9/1/2016 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fairly basic mascara for lengthening and defining lashes. Not great for volume, but it works well if you want a fairly natural looking result with your lashes. It also does not smudge, which is great!

on 8/23/2016 12:17:00 AM

Great product, doesn't budge or smudge. Wish it was a bit more voluminous however.

on 8/9/2016 8:55:00 PM

Builds the right amount of volume for my taste, looks beautiful. It is pricey, and if it stayed put, I'd repurchase... But it smudges on me, and it is not as easy to remove as I expected. I've checked the writing on my tube several times: Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara. Not sure if I ended up with a bad batch, but I'm pretty disappointed.

on 6/21/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I like this mascara a lot. I moved to a very humid climate, and since then none of my old favorite mascaras have worked for me because they ALL smudge.
This one doesn't smudge or flake even a little bit. I love how black it is and it's quite easy to remove. It lengthens nicely and doesn't weigh lashes down.
The one qualm I have is I wish the brush was a little bigger to produce fluffier lashes.

on 1/21/2016 3:57:00 PM

This would be the perfect mascara if it didn't irritate my eyes. I have oily skin and oily eye lids, so almost every mascara smudges on me. This one has never smudged - not due to rain, wind nor humidity. The zero-smudge feature is probably due that it's a tubing mascara, but I find it to be the best tubing mascara on the market. Many tubing mascaras are very difficult to remove, but Double Wear comes easily off with eye makeup remover.

The results are very natural, beautifully separated lashes. It doesn't give great volume or drama to lashes, but I like the natural look. The mascara never clumps, which is a big pro.

The problem is that it irritates my eyes. I had used the mascara for years but after an eye inflammation couple of years ago, it started to itch and make my eyes red. I changed the tube a couple of times, but it still bothered my eyes. The reason behind is probably my allergies, there must be some ingredient that irritates my eyes. I will update my review if I figure the irritating ingredient out. I've also noticed that the formula is pretty dry and it flakes easily, which might partially lead to irritation.

Oh, how I wish this mascara wouldn't irritate my eyes. I would never buy anything else, because I haven't find another mascara that didn't smudge and removed easily. If you have sensitive eyes, I recommend to test the product before buying if you can. Otherwise, this is a wonderful mascara.

Popular Mascaras