Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

3.8

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a drier formula than I would have expected for a tubing mascara. It does indeed give some serious length to your lashes but as with other tubing style mascaras, very little in the way of volume. The most disappointing thing about this mascara is that within minutes I saw little black flecks under my eyes from the product flaking off and it only got worse as time went on. The flakes are pretty stubborn as well because I had a heck of time getting them off my face when I removed my makeup. I don’t know if this is typical or if maybe my tube was a bad batch, drier than it normally is? Regardless, for $33CDN I am not impressed with having to sweep away black flecks while wearing this mascara. I get better effects from L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara and it’s less than a third of the price. That one comes with a primer so you actually get both volume and length. This ELDW mascara is not worth the money and I will not be repurchasing it.

on 8/5/2017 3:43:00 PM

TL;DR: this crumbles/flakes a lot sometimes - brittle. But doesn't run/smudge/stain from tears or water. Best for natural-ish look; no double coats - best with no double sweeps even.

Update 1: waterproofness (tested spraying, then splashing with lots of cool water) is impressive.
Update 2: becoming friends with this one after a work shift biking around in light rain. Need to find cheaper replacement, but will look for tubing formulas from now on.

My first tubing mascara.
It performs like people say tubing mascaras perform: isn't much affected by sweat or oils or humidity, but instead it's brittle and flakes more than average. If I do just one sweep at each place (advisable with this anyway) and am super super conscious not to touch my eyes, it generates about 1-2 flakes/hour the first few hours, barely visible at speaking distance. But later in the day it seems to accelerate (or I just end up touching it at some point after all?). If I rub an eye lightly, it rains flakes and doesn't stop till I remove it completely.
Since it dries fast and is so brittle, you have an very short window of opportunity to comb. Which is not great, since it does clump a bit (not for the first few uses, but now after 5-6 it's starting to). Wiper isn't tight, meaning it loads brush with quite a bit of product.
Just now, I put it on 1,5 hours ago and combed through one eyelash after applying both. The one I didn't comb hasn't flaked yet, under the other one I have 3 flakes.

It comes off the way it's supposed to, with warm water and gentle pinching, and then the skin around the eyes is fully clean.

P.S. Estee Lauder tests on animals. EU outlawed that shit, but I just realized of course that doesn't affect these companies that keep testing overseas. Duh. If I'd do this over I'd try blinc or Trish McEvoy's version. Not sure of best cruelty free DS tubing mascaras to try, but there must be a bunch - Nyx, E.l.f., Milani, Essence etc are all cruelty free.

This mascara helps a lot with volume and my lashes stay curled from the A.M to the P.M it is hard to remove so I can wear it underwater even though it ls not waterproof. If you are looking for a good quality mascara I would highly recommend this one

on 3/12/2017 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This makes my lashes look okay - pretty mediocre. It doesn't flake or smudge or cause any weird clumping or spidery lashes. However, my eyes itch a bit when I wear it and my lashes fall out at a higher rate than normal, partly because it's a bit difficult to remove. It's also a bit dry looking. Didn't even finish my tube.

99.9 percent of mascaras smudges on me. This one is great. It didn't smudge. I tested it at the gym just to see and it does smudge a bit but realistically makeup at the gym is not good to wear anyways. I like the lengthening formula and I will definitely buy again. The matching liquid eyeliner pen is absolutely fabulous too. It does not smudge. I was using clinique high impact curling tube mascara before but it's too much off a pain to remove it. It's warm water removal but u have to keep wiping it so I'm happy I found this. I'm not sure how this would hold up at a funeral or wedding.

on 12/23/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have an issue with mascara smudging on me as I have oily lids. 99% of mascaras smudge on me, waterproof or not. I decided to test this one out as it says zero smudge, however, I typically prefer waterproof versions as it holds a curl. This mascara on its own does not hold a curl well, to be expected. I have short straight Asian lashes so I always prefer waterproof. However, after curling my lashes, I use the Shiseido nourishing mascara base as a primer prior to applying this and my curl holds. The formula is pretty good and not too drying or watery. Like other reviewers, I wish it was more voluminous but I don't think this mascara was advertised for it as it is more of a lengthening mascara. The plus side is that there is not much smudging, or very little for me. And because it is not waterproof, it is easier to remove. The brush itself is thinner than most mascara wants out there, which I like. It is easier to apply in the inner corners of the lashes without touching the rest of the eye skin. There's no scent to the product either that I've noted. I would likely repurchase this mascara again for the comfort of less smudging and easy to remove. Good for everyday natural wear but definitely not for a night out where you want the vavoom lashes.

on 9/1/2016 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fairly basic mascara for lengthening and defining lashes. Not great for volume, but it works well if you want a fairly natural looking result with your lashes. It also does not smudge, which is great!

on 8/23/2016 12:17:00 AM

Great product, doesn't budge or smudge. Wish it was a bit more voluminous however.

on 8/9/2016 8:55:00 PM

Builds the right amount of volume for my taste, looks beautiful. It is pricey, and if it stayed put, I'd repurchase... But it smudges on me, and it is not as easy to remove as I expected. I've checked the writing on my tube several times: Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara. Not sure if I ended up with a bad batch, but I'm pretty disappointed.

on 6/21/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I like this mascara a lot. I moved to a very humid climate, and since then none of my old favorite mascaras have worked for me because they ALL smudge.
This one doesn't smudge or flake even a little bit. I love how black it is and it's quite easy to remove. It lengthens nicely and doesn't weigh lashes down.
The one qualm I have is I wish the brush was a little bigger to produce fluffier lashes.