Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

3.8

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

99.9 percent of mascaras smudges on me. This one is great. It didn't smudge. I tested it at the gym just to see and it does smudge a bit but realistically makeup at the gym is not good to wear anyways. I like the lengthening formula and I will definitely buy again. The matching liquid eyeliner pen is absolutely fabulous too. It does not smudge. I was using clinique high impact curling tube mascara before but it's too much off a pain to remove it. It's warm water removal but u have to keep wiping it so I'm happy I found this. I'm not sure how this would hold up at a funeral or wedding.

on 12/23/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have an issue with mascara smudging on me as I have oily lids. 99% of mascaras smudge on me, waterproof or not. I decided to test this one out as it says zero smudge, however, I typically prefer waterproof versions as it holds a curl. This mascara on its own does not hold a curl well, to be expected. I have short straight Asian lashes so I always prefer waterproof. However, after curling my lashes, I use the Shiseido nourishing mascara base as a primer prior to applying this and my curl holds. The formula is pretty good and not too drying or watery. Like other reviewers, I wish it was more voluminous but I don't think this mascara was advertised for it as it is more of a lengthening mascara. The plus side is that there is not much smudging, or very little for me. And because it is not waterproof, it is easier to remove. The brush itself is thinner than most mascara wants out there, which I like. It is easier to apply in the inner corners of the lashes without touching the rest of the eye skin. There's no scent to the product either that I've noted. I would likely repurchase this mascara again for the comfort of less smudging and easy to remove. Good for everyday natural wear but definitely not for a night out where you want the vavoom lashes.

on 9/1/2016 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fairly basic mascara for lengthening and defining lashes. Not great for volume, but it works well if you want a fairly natural looking result with your lashes. It also does not smudge, which is great!

on 8/23/2016 12:17:00 AM

Great product, doesn't budge or smudge. Wish it was a bit more voluminous however.

on 8/9/2016 8:55:00 PM

Builds the right amount of volume for my taste, looks beautiful. It is pricey, and if it stayed put, I'd repurchase... But it smudges on me, and it is not as easy to remove as I expected. I've checked the writing on my tube several times: Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara. Not sure if I ended up with a bad batch, but I'm pretty disappointed.

on 6/21/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I like this mascara a lot. I moved to a very humid climate, and since then none of my old favorite mascaras have worked for me because they ALL smudge.
This one doesn't smudge or flake even a little bit. I love how black it is and it's quite easy to remove. It lengthens nicely and doesn't weigh lashes down.
The one qualm I have is I wish the brush was a little bigger to produce fluffier lashes.

on 1/21/2016 3:57:00 PM

This would be the perfect mascara if it didn't irritate my eyes. I have oily skin and oily eye lids, so almost every mascara smudges on me. This one has never smudged - not due to rain, wind nor humidity. The zero-smudge feature is probably due that it's a tubing mascara, but I find it to be the best tubing mascara on the market. Many tubing mascaras are very difficult to remove, but Double Wear comes easily off with eye makeup remover.

The results are very natural, beautifully separated lashes. It doesn't give great volume or drama to lashes, but I like the natural look. The mascara never clumps, which is a big pro.

The problem is that it irritates my eyes. I had used the mascara for years but after an eye inflammation couple of years ago, it started to itch and make my eyes red. I changed the tube a couple of times, but it still bothered my eyes. The reason behind is probably my allergies, there must be some ingredient that irritates my eyes. I will update my review if I figure the irritating ingredient out. I've also noticed that the formula is pretty dry and it flakes easily, which might partially lead to irritation.

Oh, how I wish this mascara wouldn't irritate my eyes. I would never buy anything else, because I haven't find another mascara that didn't smudge and removed easily. If you have sensitive eyes, I recommend to test the product before buying if you can. Otherwise, this is a wonderful mascara.

on 10/21/2015 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the only non-waterproof mascara that does not smudge on me!! I have crazy oily lids and I always suffer from raccoon eyes with other mascaras, but this mascara does not smudge AT ALL. I was happily surprised each time I checked my makeup throughout the day and saw no black below my eyes. I don't like using waterproof mascaras so I'm very glad that I found a washable mascara which stays in place, even through a 12-hour day. I cannot stress how crazy impossible that seemed to me before I found this gem :) It washes off very easily with water. As for how my lashes look: like other reviewers said, it does not provide any volume and I've used better lengthening mascaras (L'oreal Telescopic). It gives a very natural look, but I'm more than okay with that.

I've already repurchased this, and will continue to do so.

on 8/24/2015 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this mascara! I should probably start off by confessing that I'm not a makeup person and only wear it on special occasions. I'm sure there are people out there who have tried every mascara known to man and probably have a much better idea than me. However, I have tried many mascaras over the years and have had ongoing issues with smudging. No matter how waterproof or smudge proof the mascara claimed to be, I'd look in the mirror when I got home to see tell tale black smudges under both eyes.

Enter double wear mascara. I did a lot of research to find the best tubing mascara - that is, a mascara that coats your lashes in a polymer formula so it doesn't smudge. I went out and (rather extravagantly for me) went for the Estee Lauder brand. It's a great mascara and I've never had an issue with smudging. I also find the formula easy to apply and not too thick.

I like subtle mascara so if you're after something thicker that really coats you lashes, you might want to look elsewhere. If like me you just want something that's easy to apply and doesn't smudge, Estee Lauder double wear mascara is your lady!

Pros:
1. Does what it says it does; lengthens and smudge-free.
2. Doesn't hurt my eyes. Most mascaras (like Maybelline) hurt my eyes, mostly when it's too stiff.
3. Does not clump on me. However, I always wipe the excess whenever I'm about to use (any!) mascara.
4. Lifts my eyelashes a little, even without curling. My lashes are naturally straight and pointing downwards.

Cons:
1. Flakes like crazy immediately after it dries. A LOT of flaking.
2. It's too expensive for it to do the #1 con above.

I would not buy again, but I'm gonna use it up because I spent a lot on this and I guess flaking is better than smudging.

Popular Mascaras