Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

3.8

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

on 6/21/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I like this mascara a lot. I moved to a very humid climate, and since then none of my old favorite mascaras have worked for me because they ALL smudge.
This one doesn't smudge or flake even a little bit. I love how black it is and it's quite easy to remove. It lengthens nicely and doesn't weigh lashes down.
The one qualm I have is I wish the brush was a little bigger to produce fluffier lashes.

on 1/21/2016 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This would be the perfect mascara if it didn't irritate my eyes. I have oily skin and oily eye lids, so almost every mascara smudges on me. This one has never smudged - not due to rain, wind nor humidity. The zero-smudge feature is probably due that it's a tubing mascara, but I find it to be the best tubing mascara on the market. Many tubing mascaras are very difficult to remove, but Double Wear comes easily off with eye makeup remover.

The results are very natural, beautifully separated lashes. It doesn't give great volume or drama to lashes, but I like the natural look. The mascara never clumps, which is a big pro.

The problem is that it irritates my eyes. I had used the mascara for years but after an eye inflammation couple of years ago, it started to itch and make my eyes red. I changed the tube a couple of times, but it still bothered my eyes. The reason behind is probably my allergies, there must be some ingredient that irritates my eyes. I will update my review if I figure the irritating ingredient out. I've also noticed that the formula is pretty dry and it flakes easily, which might partially lead to irritation.

Oh, how I wish this mascara wouldn't irritate my eyes. I would never buy anything else, because I haven't find another mascara that didn't smudge and removed easily. If you have sensitive eyes, I recommend to test the product before buying if you can. Otherwise, this is a wonderful mascara.

To Read all 223 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/21/2015 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the only non-waterproof mascara that does not smudge on me!! I have crazy oily lids and I always suffer from raccoon eyes with other mascaras, but this mascara does not smudge AT ALL. I was happily surprised each time I checked my makeup throughout the day and saw no black below my eyes. I don't like using waterproof mascaras so I'm very glad that I found a washable mascara which stays in place, even through a 12-hour day. I cannot stress how crazy impossible that seemed to me before I found this gem :) It washes off very easily with water. As for how my lashes look: like other reviewers said, it does not provide any volume and I've used better lengthening mascaras (L'oreal Telescopic). It gives a very natural look, but I'm more than okay with that.

I've already repurchased this, and will continue to do so.

on 8/24/2015 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this mascara! I should probably start off by confessing that I'm not a makeup person and only wear it on special occasions. I'm sure there are people out there who have tried every mascara known to man and probably have a much better idea than me. However, I have tried many mascaras over the years and have had ongoing issues with smudging. No matter how waterproof or smudge proof the mascara claimed to be, I'd look in the mirror when I got home to see tell tale black smudges under both eyes.

Enter double wear mascara. I did a lot of research to find the best tubing mascara - that is, a mascara that coats your lashes in a polymer formula so it doesn't smudge. I went out and (rather extravagantly for me) went for the Estee Lauder brand. It's a great mascara and I've never had an issue with smudging. I also find the formula easy to apply and not too thick.

I like subtle mascara so if you're after something thicker that really coats you lashes, you might want to look elsewhere. If like me you just want something that's easy to apply and doesn't smudge, Estee Lauder double wear mascara is your lady!

Pros:
1. Does what it says it does; lengthens and smudge-free.
2. Doesn't hurt my eyes. Most mascaras (like Maybelline) hurt my eyes, mostly when it's too stiff.
3. Does not clump on me. However, I always wipe the excess whenever I'm about to use (any!) mascara.
4. Lifts my eyelashes a little, even without curling. My lashes are naturally straight and pointing downwards.

Cons:
1. Flakes like crazy immediately after it dries. A LOT of flaking.
2. It's too expensive for it to do the #1 con above.

I would not buy again, but I'm gonna use it up because I spent a lot on this and I guess flaking is better than smudging.

on 7/16/2015 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After using this once, I knew it would be my HG mascara.

I feel like I've used all the mascara types out there, and fall for the marketing hype more often than not.

But this mascara is simple, effective and gives you value for money.

I'm not really a fan of volume, and don't curl my eyelashes anymore due to sensitivity. I've always been on the lookout for the perfect soft lengthening mascara - one that coats the lashes, adds some length but not crazy dramatic tendrils. I used to use Full & Soft and thought I'd have to live with Maybelline, Cover Girl and all those plastic wands and gloopy formulas that never go off.

This is, for a soft, lengthening mascara (one that's not too natural - you've clearly got mascara on), perfect. I received a tube in an EL travel pack and this is my favourite product so far. It's a tubing mascara, so coats your lashes and comes off with warm water and a washcloth.

The effect of just one coat of Double Wear is beautiful - long, soft, it opens your eyes and isn't too heavy on the lashes. You can build the coats (I haven't yet), and is clearly of a great quality - I had a nap with it on and it didn't smudge. It doesn't transfer to your bottom lids, and it's soft enough to put a bit on your bottom lashes as well.

I have small, spiky lashes so try not to go too overboard with mascara - my lashes tend to clump together and flake whenever I use a volume mascara. This is a wonderful alternative. The brush isn't harsh on the lashes and as above, it comes off pretty easily.

One lippie off to see how it fares in the long run, and it's a bit pricy - but I know I'll reinvest in this because it's worth it. It's the perfect daytime mascara I've been looking for, and will slather it on for night looks. Paula Begoun says it's EL's version of Clinique's Lash Power but better - I don't even know because after this, I don't want to try anything else!

on 3/12/2015 10:23:00 AM

I have average-length asian lashes but are quite sparse, this mascara is pretty average and it only lengthens your eyelashes but on the plus side, you could easily build it up without getting clumpy eyelashes; i love the brush.

But note that there is something about the smell of this mascara that irks me so much. I don't think that it is really smudge proof, it still smudges in the middle of the day.
And i could never really get the mascara out, even after double cleansing i would find black bits in my tear ducts etc., that never happened with other mascaras.

Overall, it is ok, but i wouldn't purchase it again.

on 3/9/2015 4:37:00 AM

So disappointed. I purchased this based on a recommendation by Paula Begoun. Unfortunately it's nothing like I expected. It has a small brush, which I normally like. But the consistency of the product is quite dry, and the small brush picks up a load of it, so I have to wipe off the excess. Then, it goes on clumpy. No lengthening at all. Finally, it does not smudge - this much is true - but it flakes! I've never had a mascara flake so badly. The only redeeming point is that it comes off quite easily, my face wash took off most of it. But come on, double-wear and zero-smudge? Not on your life! I'm puzzled why others seem to love this; I guess it's possible that I got a bad one, but I bought this at an EL counter in a store where I expect turnover to be high. All in all, it's an enormous waste of money and I'll happily go back to my drugstore mascara from Bourjois.

on 3/2/2015 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I usually have to check my eyes for serious mascara smudging drama every few hours, as I have quite sensitive eyes that water easily with the wrong eye make up. This 'tubing' mascara (made with different ingredients that make it heavier? so it doesn't smudge) does not smudge one bit, and holds steadfast in the face of my watery eyes, or in heavy downpours in Scotland, which is more than I can say about some waterproof mascaras. Removing this mascara takes a bit of effort, but then again, it is heavy duty. A decent hot-cloth cleanser or cleansing balm will do the job fine. Using eye make up remover to take it off will take a while. It's a great day-to-day mascara for its durability, which has been great on the days where I'm working long hours. As other reviewers have mentioned, volume is not its strong point, so still looking for the magic equivalent to this mascara for a night out (that's why I'm knocking off one overall point).

on 2/22/2015 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't use mascara often because I don't like the unnatural look it gives my eyes. However, I like this one because it's not overly dramatic and it doesn't smudge! However, I wouldn't apply more than 2 coats because that's when the mascara starts to make eyelashes look spidery or clump.