Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute (for normal skin)

Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute (for normal skin)
Creme Fraiche de Beaute (for normal skin)NUXE Creme Fraiche de Beaute (newest version)

3.8

AQUA/WATER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, DICAPRYLYL ETHER, MACADAMIA INTEGRIFOLIA SEED OIL, MICA, OCTYLDODECANOL, XYLITYLGLUCOSIDE, GLYCOL PALMITATE, ANHYDROXYLITOL, ARACHIDYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, SAFFLOWER OIL/PALM OIL AMINOPROPANEDIOL ESTERS, TOCOPHEROL, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, CITRIC ACID, XYLITOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, XANTHAN GUM, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, ARACHIDYL GLUCOSIDE, ALLANTOIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE POWDER, TETRASODIUM EDTA, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, SALICORNIA HERBACEA EXTRACT, SCLEROTIUM GUM, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FLOWER EXTRACT, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) FLOWER EXTRACT, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT, PISUM SATIVUM (PEA) EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) KERNEL EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) FRUIT EXTRACT, ROBINIA PSEUDACACIA FLOWER EXTRACT, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) FRUIT EXTRACT, LINALOOL [N2504/B]

on 11/2/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Smell is awfull. It is just too much. Like I applied a perfume on my face. When you apply it on the face it feels like cheap feet cream. It doesnt give any soothing feeling.

on 10/1/2017 1:30:00 AM

I absolutely love this cream as my night moisturiser. I have been using a horrible one for many months (neostrata which I bought on sale, hated it, made my skin dry and was a waste if I threw it out). Love the texture of creme fraiche and how soothing it felt onto the skin upon first application. Yes the smell is strong but I kind of like it as I find this helps me sleep and it’s a luxurious orange blossom smell, like putting an essential oil humidifier on. I used to use the Laneige sleeping pact which has a strong smell and is designed this way to help you sleep but I find this cream alone was enough to help me moisturise until the morning. Would definitely repurchase once out. Only improvement is that it should come with a spatula to help make the application more hygienic but this can be easily overcome so not a big deal.

First off, the ingredient list provided here is for the original version of this product. It has been reformulated, and, although it still contains a lot of the original ingredients, it is now paraben-free. The scent is still a rather strong orange blossom fragrance as well. I have used a travel tube of this and just started on a jar. So far, I like it much better than the original formula (which somehow managed to stay tacky and peel up and flake off at the same time). The new version has a whipped texture and sinks in beautifully. I have super sensitive skin that dries out easily but breaks out easily, too. I also have rosacea acne, and this is one of the few things I've found that doesn't flare it up. It's quite soothing, in fact. I will update after using it for a longer period of time, but for now I'm very pleased with it's moisturizing and soothing qualities.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This moisturiser smells very strong of orange blossom. I like orange blossom but this is so fragranced it's almost like applying perfume to my face. Way over the top! The smell alone is the main reason why I won't buy again. Mine came in a nice white tube (30 ml).

I find this cream moisturises well, however it definitely leaves a film and so I used it for night time only. I think it might be a bit clogging but I can't say for sure because I have been trying quite a few products.

Overall this is an effective moisturiser yet it seems to be a bit too rich at times. The smell is too strong for me. Nice enough to use up but I won't repurchase.

Edit: September 2016
I started using a retinoid in August and my skin became really dry and flaky. Remembering how well this moisturised moisturised my skin in the past, I decided to repurchase even though I knew the smell was horribly strong. This time around it was really greasy and made me breakout. I tried my best to finish up on my neck but eventually I just couldn't stomach the smell anymore (which gets more and more stale the older the tub is). If the smell of this cream was really unpleasant initially, it later because downright nausea and headache inducing for me. Yuck. I shall never buy any Nuxe facial products again!

on 4/25/2015 9:47:00 AM

This cream is quite nice for the spring and summer months, offering moisturization without that greasy feeling that sometimes accompanies a cream. I use the heavier version of this in the winter and this one in the summer. I find the fragrance in this product to be a little too strong for my taste. It would be better if Nuxe could tone it down a little, to make it more tolerable for those with sensitive skin. The jar packaging is large and occupies a lot of space. While beautiful to look at, I am not convinced that this is the best packaging for the product overall. I would not repurchase this product since I already have several other products that I prefer over this, but this is a solid product for someone with relatively normal skin and a tolerance for fragrance.

on 9/23/2016 9:37:00 AM

I used to love Nuxe but I really don't like what they've done to their line. They discontinued certain products and reformulated others and this is one of them. Why they did this, only the Nuxe company know but I think this version is not a patch on the old formula which came in hefty jar and was well priced.

This new version has a "sorbet" quality and is quite silky in feel and texture but the biggest drawback is the overpowering scent of white orange flowers. It's so potent that I found it off putting. Nuxe definitely upped the ante on the fragrance front which is a big shame, because it rules the line out for sensitive skins. Fragrance (no matter whether it's "natural" or not) is a major issue for skin sensitivities and this is one of Nuxe's selling points. I've noticed this with their other products and the original line (which was also packaged better) was pleasantly scented and more understated.

The cream will provide basic hydration but not much more than that. At least the original cream contained "sun filters", this one has no sun protection at all.

Not only only did Nuxe revamp their line but they bumped up the price and it doesn't stand up that well under scrutiny.An epic fail for me.

The cream has a nice rich texture which doesn't make me feel greasy. It takes a few minutes for the cream to sink in, but after that the skin feels nicely soft and supple. The product didn't seem to break me out.
The biggest drawback about the cream is the scent. It smells quite heavy even though they claim the product contains only natural components.
I also wish the packaging was a pump and not a regular jar.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am about to run out, I bought this quickly when I was visiting Paris because I didn't have a moisturizer, so grabbed this. I was surprised how nicely it smelled, first of all. It doesn't break me out and keeps my skin hydrated which I need. I live in a hot country and that along with the salty water dries my skin out, this is pretty amazing. I swear by French pharmacy brands. Will definitely re-purchase once I run out.

on 9/19/2014 3:20:00 PM

Got this in France,so way way cheaper than what u pay here in the uk. I have to say I like the smell the texture of the creme. If I use it alone it is fine for a moisturiser but I normally use serums and oils before my creme. For some reason the creme just won't sink in and end up curling up on my face ... Really want to like it but won't buy it again.

on 12/19/2014 1:17:00 AM

This is my day and night moisturizer that I can't live without. I was able to buy this on sale in HK. The moisturizer beautifully sinks in my skin making it very supple and DOES NOT make my acne prone skin breakout. I like the scent, not overpowering. Since this one is in a jar, make sure you have clean fingers before dipping it in this creamy goodness or use a small spatula which you can buy at any drugstore. Overall, great product from Nuxe.