TheBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder

TheBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder
Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent PowderSexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent PowderTheBalmSexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent PowderSexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder

4.2

mica, boron nitride, polyethylene (and) PTFE, zea mays (Corn) starch, silica, isoeicosane, zinc stearate, styrene/DVB copolymer, polyisobutene, dimethylimidinone rice starch, iron oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) powder, sodium dehydroacetate, dimethicone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This translucent powder is the best! While I like a dewy finish, provided by The Balm's amazing tinted moisturizer, I always apply translucent powder to my eyelids, to keep my eyeliner from smearing. This powder blends perfectly with my skin, unlike other "translucent" powders that are white and cakey. Give it a try! I hope they never stop making it. :)

on 12/20/2016 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is my powder of choice to bring in my handbag. I was sold when I saw the packaging, its both cute and really compact! Perfect for a girl like me who do not want a bulky purse. I have tried better powders, but the size adds up for that. With this powder I sometimes have to touch up two times a day instead of one, but that is OK. You get a lot of powder for your buck and I do think its going to take a while to finish this anyway :) I must admit that it sometimes is a little embarrassing to use this in public because of the picture in front. Maybe I'm just getting old and becoming a prude...

on 12/12/2016 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love to apply this translucent powder over The Balm concealer. Hides imperfections and absorbs oiliness. I only apply once on part of my face that I need to cover up and it lats the whole day. Didn't break me out despite having a very oily, acne prone, and sensitive skin. Doesn't give you a white cast in pictures even if the camera uses a flash.

on 8/6/2016 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love thebalm, I really do. Their blushes are outstanding, I've been getting tons of uses out of their meet matt(e) nude pallette, the mary-lou manizer is a cult classic... But this powder is not worth the money, in my opinion. Despite being marketed as an anti-shine powder, I feel like I get much oilier quicker than I do with my normal day-to-day powder (Clinique Blended Face Powder). That makes me want to use more powder, which isn't ideal since already I feel like I'm closer to getting a cake face with this than I am with my other powders. I'm definitely more into loose powders nowadays, but even as far as pressed powders go I'm not that impressed by this product. When it comes down to it, it's an okay powder with a hefty price tag, and you can definitely find powders that perform as well or even better at drugstore pricing.

The shade, though marketed as translucent, to me looks like it actually does have quite a bit of pigment. I think it's best suited for medium skin tones; for fair skin (like mine) as well as deeper skin I feel like this powder might actually alter the foundation shade.

The packaging, as usual from thebalm, is charming. Though I wouldn't mind something sturdier than the cardboard. I currently have this in my bag for touch-ups on the go, rather than using it from the get-go, and I think that's how I'll be using it until I run out (or I tire of it and throw it out..)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nice setting powder for oily dehidrated skin. It gives certain glow to face, it's not flat matte but keeps my oily face under control. This is my first theBalm product and I quite like it. It has good ingredients an doesn't feel heavy.

Love this powder! Controls shine and works beautifully over my powder foundation during touch-ups. The price is quite reasonable too, as it lasts and lasts. However, you will need to carry a separate brush to apply this on the run. And I'm not into the picture on the front cover (I actually pasted a sticker over to cover it! Haha). I have repurchased this a few times. Other than the packaging, this powder is amazing.

Just got this powder and i have to say so far its the best setting powder i have yet to own lol! I mean, i dont own that much nor have i tried a ton but to me this powder sets my foundation/bb cream BEAUTIFULLY. Its not flat matte and it doesnt leave a white cast on my skin tone (light medium-ish atm). I dont mind getting oily after an hour or so i can always blot my face anyways. For my oily combo skin it stays matte for abt an hour and then becomes sort of dewy and stays like that until like 6 hours then its oil town all over my face haha. But then again i dont mind that. I just was looking for a powder that would set my foundation and not look cakey and this is my fave for now! I believe i will repurchase this!! I really cant be bothered with loose setting powders coz of the mess, so this is perfect for me. Maybe in the future i will try the laura mercier one but for now i will stick to this! Oh and i use it with my zoeva 106 powder brush. Pat pat pat then blend <3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this on a whim as I needed a powder to set and mattify my foundation. It works as promised but is nothing special. Looks natural but face feels a bit flat - can also be a bit chunky if you have dry skin. Would probably buy again.

on 8/11/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really liked this! I actually bought this on a whim, partially because I needed a translucent powder and partially because I love the retro/vintage 50's looking packaging. I'm a sucker for it.
For me, being fair, it's hard to find powders that do offer translucency because some end up saying they are "translucent" but end up having a pink or yellow tinge to them. I actually came across some in the past that even claimed they were translucent and were DARKER than my skin tone on my face!
This didn't do that for me! I was amazed and so happy! It sucked up oils throughout the day and set my concealer in place and overall did its job. I appreciate that.
Thanks theBalm, I appreciate your product and I will definitely look into buying more products from you.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried giving this product many chances but it always looked terribly cakey. It made every foundation and BB cream I used look awful, fake, and like I had baking flour in my pores. I had to throw it away after it caused me much embarrassment.