TheBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder

TheBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder
Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent PowderSexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent PowderTheBalmSexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent PowderSexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder

4.2

mica, boron nitride, polyethylene (and) PTFE, zea mays (Corn) starch, silica, isoeicosane, zinc stearate, styrene/DVB copolymer, polyisobutene, dimethylimidinone rice starch, iron oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) powder, sodium dehydroacetate, dimethicone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very dry skin but my under eye concealer still creases, so I have been on the hunt for a powder that can set my concealer without making my skin feel dry and without emphasising fine lines.

I have a NW10 skintone so this is truly translucent and does not leave any colour on my skin, but I cannot comment if this will be the same for people with dark skintones.

I apply just a small amount of this directly on top of concealer and it does a very nice job of stopping creasing. It doesn't leave me feeling dried out which is a major positive. It doesn't have any smoothing or brightening effects as far as I can see, but it doesn't emphasise my fine lines. It lasts a good amount of time, although as I do not have oily skin I cannot comment on its oil-controlling properties.

The only thing that I would caution against is that this can cake up very quickly if you apply too much. I don't think it would be good for baking.

I also adore the packaging. I love theBalm's aesthetic and it looks really pretty displayed on my dressing table.

Overall I like this powder, although I'm not sure if I'd pay full price for it. It's cute, does the job, and fits into a small handbag if you need to touch up on the go.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Not the right powder if you have dark circles,my eye area would look dull and grayish. The only powder that works for me is the MAC one,sadly its way too expensive! i got this one is because it was on sale.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, this powder is finely milled and is perfect to take on the go for touch ups. I also use it for initially setting my foundation and it always leaves me with a beautiful satin finish. The only thing I wish was different was the packaging. It's very tacky and innapropriate especially when used to touch up in my church's ladies room. Aside from that though, the product is my favorite translucent powder.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This powder doesn't wow me. It's not bad, not great either. I don't like an overly matte look, so this is good for setting and getting rid of most shine while still looking natural and slightly dewy. I still use the RCMA No Color Powder for my under eyes though because I've noticed they crease and end up looking a little cakey with this. Overall, not my favorite because I'd prefer a powder that can be used for all parts of the face.

DON'T buy this full price!! This is only worth it if you can get it on sale. Hautelook and theBalm are both always having sales. I got mine on Overstock.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have had this powder for quite a while and really just started using it oas my regualr setting powder. I had been previously keeping it in my handbag for touch ups, due to it's super small and reliable packaging (though I don't love the look on the outside, the compact's magnet is great and really stays shut and the compact is quite sturdy). It is a nice powder, despite the gimicky look of it, for setting my foundation... Not making any dry spots any more noticeable, not making me any more oily or oxidizing my foundation, etc. I did find that it was a tad cakier a look atop my foundation than I like (I definitely prefer the Rimmel Stay Matte to this one). It felt comfortable on, and lasted a good while (though not all day- I've not the chance to touch up but I would say it would need a touch up by about mid-afternoon). The compact took a long time to use up, so I would say you get your money's worth as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This translucent powder is the best! While I like a dewy finish, provided by The Balm's amazing tinted moisturizer, I always apply translucent powder to my eyelids, to keep my eyeliner from smearing. This powder blends perfectly with my skin, unlike other "translucent" powders that are white and cakey. Give it a try! I hope they never stop making it. :)

on 12/20/2016 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is my powder of choice to bring in my handbag. I was sold when I saw the packaging, its both cute and really compact! Perfect for a girl like me who do not want a bulky purse. I have tried better powders, but the size adds up for that. With this powder I sometimes have to touch up two times a day instead of one, but that is OK. You get a lot of powder for your buck and I do think its going to take a while to finish this anyway :) I must admit that it sometimes is a little embarrassing to use this in public because of the picture in front. Maybe I'm just getting old and becoming a prude...

on 12/12/2016 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love to apply this translucent powder over The Balm concealer. Hides imperfections and absorbs oiliness. I only apply once on part of my face that I need to cover up and it lats the whole day. Didn't break me out despite having a very oily, acne prone, and sensitive skin. Doesn't give you a white cast in pictures even if the camera uses a flash.

on 8/6/2016 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love thebalm, I really do. Their blushes are outstanding, I've been getting tons of uses out of their meet matt(e) nude pallette, the mary-lou manizer is a cult classic... But this powder is not worth the money, in my opinion. Despite being marketed as an anti-shine powder, I feel like I get much oilier quicker than I do with my normal day-to-day powder (Clinique Blended Face Powder). That makes me want to use more powder, which isn't ideal since already I feel like I'm closer to getting a cake face with this than I am with my other powders. I'm definitely more into loose powders nowadays, but even as far as pressed powders go I'm not that impressed by this product. When it comes down to it, it's an okay powder with a hefty price tag, and you can definitely find powders that perform as well or even better at drugstore pricing.

The shade, though marketed as translucent, to me looks like it actually does have quite a bit of pigment. I think it's best suited for medium skin tones; for fair skin (like mine) as well as deeper skin I feel like this powder might actually alter the foundation shade.

The packaging, as usual from thebalm, is charming. Though I wouldn't mind something sturdier than the cardboard. I currently have this in my bag for touch-ups on the go, rather than using it from the get-go, and I think that's how I'll be using it until I run out (or I tire of it and throw it out..)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nice setting powder for oily dehidrated skin. It gives certain glow to face, it's not flat matte but keeps my oily face under control. This is my first theBalm product and I quite like it. It has good ingredients an doesn't feel heavy.