Dior Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

Dior Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15
Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15dior 021 indoordior 021 outdoor

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.16%, Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.00% Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyldimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cylcohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Talc, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Silica, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Tetrasodium Edta, Parfum, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylate-5, Aluminium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopheyl Acetate, Limonene, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Sorbitol, Bht, Carbomer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aframomum Angustifolium Seed Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Kluyveromyces Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Potentolla Erecta Root Extract, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Faex (Yeast Extract), Algin, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Polysorbate 20, Cellulose Gum, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citronellol, Geraniol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Sodium Metabisulfate, Mica, Ci 77891 (Titnium Dioxide), Ci 77492-Ci 77491-Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides)

I am 64 years old . I have used Chanel ( laterly Sublimage skincare and foundation), and Sisley for years , but I changed to Capture Totale , and I am delighted. I really think at my age ( having a dry sensitive skin), that it's vital what you put under your foundation,( whatever brand you use). I use serum and moisturiser- same make. I have had so many compliments, and I have never had Botox or any surgery. So I am happy. Thankyou.

I really like this coming from cars sheer glow.

This had good coverage and is build able but when I layer, i get oily during the day which may be from the sunscreen in the product. It can cake if too much is applied but typically it is wonderful with one layer being the only amount i need.

I use one to one and a half pumps per day (depending on discoloration) and it satisfies me without powder. I am combo and can get very dry cheeks in the winter and very oily t zone in the summer but this seems to balance well (powder in summer, extra emollient in winter).

Overall the price sucks but the quality is great and first thing in the morning i look fab with the subtle 'glow' it gives without looking over done or too covered. its very natural and light feeling. Highly recommend, but the color range does not get very dark, sadly.

Let me say that I really didn't want to love this because of the price. I tried a sample first. I use It Cosmetics CC Cream daily but I wanted something nicer for special occasions/going out with husband, etc. In my haste putting it on, I forgot to use my primer and was mad because I wanted to see the full affect before I spent the money on it (it's very $$$$). This covered all my large pores, lasted all day and gave me a satiny finish. I thought it would feel heavy on my face all day because I'm use to wearing a CC cream but it didn't. I think I'm going to want to wear this all the time now.

on 1/21/2017 11:04:00 AM

Finally, a foundation for mature skin. Everything I was looking for!

on 4/26/2016 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this for my mum who is 71 y.o. and has very deep wrinkles, normal to dry skin. I wanted a foundation that helped her to hide or minimize the wrinkles, so I bought what I thought would be the best (without asking for a sample and without worrying about the price - 75 Euros!).

I have to say I was a bit disappointed; the result was not what I expected. My mum's wrinkles were less visible, but the final look was a bit cakey. After 4 or 5 hours, the rejuvenating effect was gone, so I guess it needs to be reapplied. I didn't use primer on my mum, so I am willing to try again with primer, to see if I can get a better effect.

Since I spent such a huge amount of money, I decided to try it myself. I am 51 y.o., combination to oily skin. On my skin the effect was nicely dewy, but unfortunately the T zone became very oily after about an hour. I don't think I'll be able to use it especially in Spring or Summer.

All in all, the product is rather disappointing. I hope it gets better with the use of a primer (I'll keep you updated).

I have EVERY Dior foundation but Wow, this is the best for everyday use. My skin is quite dry after a winter of central heating but this leaves an in instant glow. It's utterly gorgeous and a real treat as its a skincare serum incorporated into a base. I am pale and the lightest color was prefect. It lasts well and doesn't sway into lines like many bases I've used.
Really gives skin a youthful dewy look. Love it!

on 2/5/2016 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Too moisturizing for my oily skin. But coverage was really good which makes me feel bad because this could have been a potential holy grail foundation.

on 11/27/2015 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is terrible, its like it doesn't set even with powder, I end up shiny with noticable pores and not sure why I even use it anymore probably because I spent so much on it & cant justify not using it, at least it has sunscreen. This is not for oily/combination skin. I also tried their forever foundation before this and i gave it away as it was equally terrible, capture totals is worse than any drug store foundation ive tried. I recently got nepoleon perdis stick foundation and it is magical so much better, I'd rather pay $70 which is still expensive but works & covers pores and uneven tone, and is not a waste of $120 like the Dior one.

on 7/27/2015 5:44:00 AM

Great foundation. I have dry skin. This foundation moisturises really well, so even after long wear in a dry environment there are no visible skin patches. Also the coverage is superb (i have mild akne and sensitive skin, that is prone to redness) and the skin looks really even. I rarely use a lot as I like a natural look. One package last for 1,5 to 2 years even when used daily.

on 3/22/2015 7:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have mature skin and I have been oily most of my life. If you have large pores, or pores that clog easily, you may want to think twice about this. It settles into pores and pools up, and it oxidizes if it sits on top of a plugged pore. This offers high coverage, and the finish looks more matte than it feels. Colours are great, but again they oxidize.