Dior Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

Dior Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15
image 1image 2image 3

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.16%, Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.00% Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyldimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cylcohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Talc, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Silica, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Tetrasodium Edta, Parfum, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylate-5, Aluminium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopheyl Acetate, Limonene, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Sorbitol, Bht, Carbomer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aframomum Angustifolium Seed Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Kluyveromyces Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Potentolla Erecta Root Extract, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Faex (Yeast Extract), Algin, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Polysorbate 20, Cellulose Gum, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citronellol, Geraniol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Sodium Metabisulfate, Mica, Ci 77891 (Titnium Dioxide), Ci 77492-Ci 77491-Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 4/26/2016 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this for my mum who is 71 y.o. and has very deep wrinkles, normal to dry skin. I wanted a foundation that helped her to hide or minimize the wrinkles, so I bought what I thought would be the best (without asking for a sample and without worrying about the price - 75 Euros!).

I have to say I was a bit disappointed; the result was not what I expected. My mum's wrinkles were less visible, but the final look was a bit cakey. After 4 or 5 hours, the rejuvenating effect was gone, so I guess it needs to be reapplied. I didn't use primer on my mum, so I am willing to try again with primer, to see if I can get a better effect.

Since I spent such a huge amount of money, I decided to try it myself. I am 51 y.o., combination to oily skin. On my skin the effect was nicely dewy, but unfortunately the T zone became very oily after about an hour. I don't think I'll be able to use it especially in Spring or Summer.

All in all, the product is rather disappointing. I hope it gets better with the use of a primer (I'll keep you updated).

I have EVERY Dior foundation but Wow, this is the best for everyday use. My skin is quite dry after a winter of central heating but this leaves an in instant glow. It's utterly gorgeous and a real treat as its a skincare serum incorporated into a base. I am pale and the lightest color was prefect. It lasts well and doesn't sway into lines like many bases I've used.
Really gives skin a youthful dewy look. Love it!

To Read all 100 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/5/2016 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Too moisturizing for my oily skin. But coverage was really good which makes me feel bad because this could have been a potential holy grail foundation.

on 11/27/2015 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is terrible, its like it doesn't set even with powder, I end up shiny with noticable pores and not sure why I even use it anymore probably because I spent so much on it & cant justify not using it, at least it has sunscreen. This is not for oily/combination skin. I also tried their forever foundation before this and i gave it away as it was equally terrible, capture totals is worse than any drug store foundation ive tried. I recently got nepoleon perdis stick foundation and it is magical so much better, I'd rather pay $70 which is still expensive but works & covers pores and uneven tone, and is not a waste of $120 like the Dior one.

on 7/27/2015 5:44:00 AM

Great foundation. I have dry skin. This foundation moisturises really well, so even after long wear in a dry environment there are no visible skin patches. Also the coverage is superb (i have mild akne and sensitive skin, that is prone to redness) and the skin looks really even. I rarely use a lot as I like a natural look. One package last for 1,5 to 2 years even when used daily.

on 3/22/2015 7:51:00 AM

I have mature skin and I have been oily most of my life. If you have large pores, or pores that clog easily, you may want to think twice about this. It settles into pores and pools up, and it oxidizes if it sits on top of a plugged pore. This offers high coverage, and the finish looks more matte than it feels. Colours are great, but again they oxidize.

on 3/6/2015 11:46:00 AM

I purchased this while on holiday when I noticed my skin was suffering due to the immense heat and humidity. I have been using it every other day for the past month and really like it. I was color matched to the 010. At the time I thought it was very light but it is perfect. I have normal to dry skin and have not broken out from it, which is another big plus.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Christian Dior Totale Liquid Foundation is a wonderful foundation for mature skin. It feels emollient on the skin, lasts all day and doesn't settle into fine lines.

As far as foundations sold in a bottle are concerned, the bottle is rather attractive and comes with a pump dispenser.

The cost is a bit pricey, imo, but if one can find a good color match, it is worth every penny.

One will read this review and wonder why I will not purchase the product again. Dior foundations are either noticeably too light, or noticeably too dark for my skin tone.

If Dior expands their color choices, I will definitely stop by their counter again for a color match.

on 9/8/2014 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a new liquid foundation and asked about this new one at the Dior counter. I bought into the entire sales pitch - I love a serum and when the SA said it's a foundation serum I dived for my credit card!I was however horrified by the price and should have listened to my internal alarm bells. Frankly I hate it.I want my money back Dior. I have very good, smooth skin but this ages me by settling into tiny lines, shining on my t-zone,emphasing my one enlarged pore and frankly behaving like a cheap foundation. I havn't noticed that it becomes darker though!Lucky me! As an all day wearing product I wouldn't rate it against other liquid foundations ( Chanel Aqua Lumiere) or powder foundations La Mer or Bare Essentials. To sum up : DON'T.

on 8/24/2014 8:19:00 PM

I have this in shade 010 and it is a nice match for my skin tone (MAC 15-20, Asian fair skin with very yellow/green undertones). FYI, I have a really hard time finding shade matches for my skin. It provides a beautiful finish on my incredibly oily skin and its wears nicely. I usually wear Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (to increase lasting power) or Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream (fuller coverage + additional sunscreen protection) underneath this foundation and I always set with powder. I apply with a stippling brush or flat top kabuki. It seems to blur my pores and provides a light-medium (buildable to full), flawless coverage.

I really love this foundation and my only wish is that it didn't contain alcohol and sodium chloride. Sodium chloride is on a lot of internet lists for "pore clogging ingredients" and I have sensitive skin prone to breakouts. Alcohol is supposed to be aging and irritating to sensitive skin. I have gone through about 1/3 the bottle and I haven't had breakouts or irritation while wearing this. Still, I'm probably not going to repurchase in the hopes of finding something like this without the sodium chloride and the alcohol. I also wish it didn't contain fragrance. The fragrance in this doesn't bother me, but I know it's not great for your skin.