Laura Mercier Angled Eye Colour Brush

Laura Mercier Angled Eye Colour Brush

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush is probably on the larger side for my eyes and that may influence my rating. The pros with this brush is if you want to apply lid and crease colour in one this is a really fast way of doing it and the shape of the brush is great for that. The bristles are super soft and picks up pigments very well. It may be that I have not mastered the proper technique, but often I end up with streaky application closer to the inner corner of the eye. Ever since I got a Rae Morris Medium Precision Shader this brush has gotten neglected... For those of you with large eyes, this brush may work really well for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

When I first bought this brush, I didn't appreciate it properly, but I've come to really love it. It's one of my favorite brushes now.
I use it in the crease with the windshield wiper motion to shade the crease, I use it for all-over color application, or with the stamping technique to build more intense color.
It's also possible to do a little bit of detail work with the very tip if you've got a light touch.
The bristles are very soft, and overall this is just a great brush and a dream to use.
This is a large eyeshadow brush, but I certainly don't consider it to be a monster. I'm really glad to have it in my collection!

on 5/10/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I will be the dissenting voice on this brush.. because I love it.

I use it on a daily basis but do admit that it can be tricky to handle at first.

You must use it on an angle and then turn it around for blending.... I have been using it to do my winged out contour which I am using for my summer applications.. and it is totally wonderful.

on 2/27/2010 3:49:00 PM

I was seriously itimidated by this brush. It is HUGE for an eye brush that is meant be used for anything other than an allover shadow brush. But once you get the hang of it it works fantastic an is multi-purpose - i use use it for an allover wash of color, to blend out harsh edges when working with contour colours above the crease, to stamp on eyeshadows that aren't sufficiently pigmented, to highlight the browbone. Once you get over its size and give it a try you will fall in love with it. I gues bigger is better:) As with all LM brushes, it goes without saying that this like all the rest of her brushes is superb quality!

on 2/1/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought this was a great crease brush (this is the use of the brush as recommended to me by the LM MA), until I got my hands on the NARS small dome brush 12. I have a small crease area, and, compared to the NARS brush, this is too big to use for my crease. I end up with messy crease application - shadow is applied in areas other than where I'm targeting. It probably is useful for other things, but I have all the brushes I need to apply & blend my shadow, so this sits unused.

Due to its quality (it's lasted me 5 years) and its potential usefulness (blending, etc.), I'll give it 3 lippies. I will mention that the ferrule (the metal part connecting the brush head to the handle) is loose, which is also the case for all of my LM brushes I purchased around the same time; however, the same is not true for my other older brushes from different brands (and, yes, I wash them carefully, keeping the water only on the brush head and dry them flat).

Oh how i love thee brush! This brush is amazing for applying your midtone colour to your eye, from crease to inner eye corner. It reshapes the eye and defines everything. For this i now could not be without this brush because it does away with my 226,224 (not that i like the 224 much anyway!),223 brush. I love it. With a sweeping motion from my inner eye to my outer crease i can define the eye so easily. Everything looks amazing.
You gotta get this brush.

on 1/29/2009 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT! I am pretty picky about eyeshadow brushes, and I definitely think this one is my favorites. The bristles are very dense, so a little tap on a decent quality eyeshadow is all it takes to sweep color on your entire lid. I'm really against unnecessarily rubbing my eye area - especially to put on eye makeup, but this brush requires minimal strokes to get a nice finish. I reeeeally like it for blending as well. The angled edge is also good for adding a slight highlight to the inner corners of the eye. Will definitely keep using it & will buy for all my makeup-freak friends.

on 4/8/2008 6:33:00 PM

Not impressed. Hair fell out right away. Rough. Didn't wash well (even with proper make-up soap). Just seems to be a cheap quality brush ostensibly for a product touted as high-end.

on 1/30/2008 7:16:00 PM

I freakin' love this brush. Hardly a day goes by that I dont use it. It is somewhat versatile. I use it to blend eyeshadow, add highlighter, etc. The bristles are very closely packed so you can get a nice heavy coverage when you need one plus you can really blend away mistakes quite well with this. The angle in the brush helps to add hints of color to the corners of your eyes or anywhere that is harder to reach. Really, this is a great brush. I would highly recommend.

Popular Makeup Brushes