no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

* 1. Colour match/range - one of the best ranges in mineral foundation. Warm 0 seems a good colour match for me, although I have to say that the olive tones which I should be wearing are just too dark. Why don't they understand that some of us are olive AND pale? * 2. Lasting power - stays put ALL DAY. * 3. Overall finish - satin silk. * 4. Coverage over blemishes/rosacea - very buildable without being cakey *5. Performance under eye/dark circles - it does crease up in the tiny lines around my eyes but only a tiny amount * 6. Ingredients - nothing suspicious 7. Effect on my skin, drying/breakouts - unfortunately it seriously irritates my skin, an hour or so after applying it I just want to scratch my face into oblivion. I even tried leaving it for a whole year till the skin problem I had had been solved, but it is still having the same affect. I can't explain why because the ingredients are the same as in other brands, but it just drives me mad and I have to take it off. * 8. Easy to apply? - yes, jam some on a brush and dab it on, fast and easy. 9. Price - a bit on the pricey side, but if you use it as concealer instead of buying a separate concealer it would save money. 10 packaging - I'm not a fan of these plastic pots, but it serves 7/10 stars which is good, and if it didn't irritate my skin so much I would probably be repeat buying, but as it is I won't be buying it again

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

I really like the performance of this product as a finishing powder. I only use it as a finisher. The product by itself doesn't last on my skin unless I have a very good quality high staying power mineral makeup underneath. So far, it hasn't cause me any rashes yet. It contains only a few ingredients : mica, iron oxide , and coloring agents. If you are allergic to mica, steer clear of this product. Luckily I do not have any issue with this particular mica. It gives my skin a sheer polished smooth look that I rarely find in other finishing powder. I cannot use this product with their alimapure satin matte foundations. Their line of face powder do not stay put on my skin and they change color. This finishing powder is also included. So without my wonderful base makekup, this finisher is of no use to me. That's why I am not giving it a full 5 stars. They also charge a steep fee for shipping $6.25 to ship a few ounces. Most of the other mineral makeup company only charge half of Alima's shipping price for much more items. I also don't like their tiny portions. A mere 5 dinky grams for $20. I find it outrageous. I am only using this product because Joelle's Cosmetic has changed their original glow powder line which cause rashes on me. Joelle's Cosmetic's finisher only cost $8.00 for better quality, free shipping, and a whooping 10 grams of finishing powder! I like Joelle's Cosmetic finishing powder more but sadly they have changed their formulas. This is only my second choice.

About reviewer (181 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesViolet

1.0

6 years ago

OW! This literally hurts my face whenever I decide to be brave (or desperate) enough to use it! I think it's the mica. I've read how mica can tear your skin if its not ground finely. Not sure if this is the problem. I should probably just throw it in the trash… goodbye money… PS: I have sneaking suspicion that a lot of Alima reviews are *cough cough* embellished. I wrote a negative review for this product on their website about a month ago- and it never appeared.... hmmm. i HATE when companies do that. You have to take the bad with the good, Alima. Not everyone will like your product!

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

This is a great finishing powder! I use this in Hanae. I use the tap, swirl and buff method of applying it and the powder is so fine that it goes on beautifully. It doesn't cake or cover up the make up that is below. I use this over bb cream and I love that I can still see the glow from the bb cream even with this powder on top. Previously I was using Bare Minerals' Mineral Veil and Alima wins hands down. This powder is not cheap but you also get alot of product. The container was so full I could barely shake any powder out at first. No regrets getting this at all! Looking forward to trying more Alima products too.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

7 years ago

Great for an airbrushed look, but the key to this (and almost all of Alima's products) is that less is more--you don't need as much as you think you do. I wear Alima's foundation in W5 and use this powder in Ami. I have normal-to-oily skin and while this doesn't absorb oil as well as Meow's Top Cat, it's also not pure white and doesn't have boron nitride, which I've developed an allergy to. Very easy on the skin, and I love the twist caps on the jars now that allow you to always keep the powder intact and not spill all over the lid when you open it.

About reviewer (284 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I was skeptical whether a finishing powder would do much, so I was surprised at how much difference it makes. I wear N1 in their foundation and use Yuki finishing powder over my foundation and blush. It's beautiful.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairGrey, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

from

8 years ago

This is a nice finishing powder. I bought it in Keiko for my pale neutral skin colour. This powder is silky and gives a healthy-looking finish without feeling heavy. It still makes my skin look a bit dry at the end of the day though; I think powder is not for me. Alima's products contain very few ingredients and never irritate my sensitive skin. The brand has a great rating on the Environmental Working Group's website (skin deep), which provides information on harsh chemicals to be avoided in makeup.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

Alima finishing powder is the perfect! Keiko is the right shade for my somewhat light, neutral toned skin. I like that this powder isn't shimmery or shiny, so it looks totally natural. It looks great over the foundation, and makes it last all day. I recommend it! :)

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2.0

11 years ago

This powder is maybe good for normal skin types, but it didn't made my skin matifyed... I have very oily acne-prone skin and this powder is a little "shiny" in it self...so it gave me a more oily look right from the start! Won't buy again!

About reviewer (212 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

I have this in both Ami and Hanae and lately I've just been wearing this finishing powder by itself. I'm a low-key morning makeup girl so I just brush on the Hanae with the Foundation #25 brush, and sometimes a little Ami in certain spots, blend, a light coat of mascara, touch up the eyebrows and I'm out the door to work! I have oily skin and this helps control the shine throughout the day. I do love Alima's satin matte foundation as well tho, so when I want to look more polished I'll put some of that on as well.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24