3.5

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

what did they do?! ???? herbal essence was my favorite as a teenager. the scents were amazing and my hair always looked and felt great. I picked this up for the nostalgia and I am SO disappointed! smells like fake plasticy chemically fruit. leaves a film on the hair the conditioner does nothing in terms of detangling, shine or softness. ugh. I'll stick to L'Oreal from now on.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I think this is a great shampoo for someone who has thick, full long hair. I have fine hair, but a lot of it. This cleans well, but doesn't add volume for my fine hair. It doesn't leave it "dirty" feeling, but just a good clean where my hair tends to fall flat because it's so fine. I didn't mind the smell, it's sweet like all of the other Herbal Essence smell like, so it didn't bother me. But comparing this shampoo to the HE Body Envy volume shampoo? My hair prefers body envy. This shampoo, combined with the matching conditioner, made my hair soft and clean, but too soft that it fell flat. Not bad, if you have nice hair that is thick and bulky and you want it to just be clean and lay straight.

About reviewer (435 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

This is another OK shampoo from herbal essences. I use this shampoo whenever I run out of herbal essences smooth collection lisse shampoo (which in my opinion is the best shampoo in the entire herbal essences collection) It doesn't lather very well, I need a lot amount of shampoo for a good lather. and yeah it dries my hair out so I use smooth collection conditioner after shampooing.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Okay. Let me start off by saying the scent is yummy, so I don't know why people are complaining about the new scent, and I actually didn't expect the liquid to be pink, I guess I expected red just like the bottle? This is a very creamy shampoo and it lathers a lot, and I can get away with washing it twice and my hair won't dry out. I like that it leaves my hair very clean and smelling delicious despite being a cheap creamy silicone-y shampoo, I actually expected to have a greasy mess but it was not the case! It left some parts of my hair very shiny and silky (the straighter bits) but the wavier bits were left feeling a bit dry and dull with little movement. I feel like this is a little coating and using a herbal essences conditioner with it (meaning more silicone) made my hair feel too coated/hard. However, I wouldn't say it's a bad shampoo, I generally liked it and it would probably perform better with a different conditioner. Pros: Clean, yummy smelling shiny hair, with enough mositure from just a shampoo I guess. Cons: A bit of hair loss (probably just me), a biiit of frizz and kinda coating.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I was searching for a shampoo and conditioner that will make your hair grow faster and I've seen so many people recommending Mane n' tail. One time I'm reading reviews about it and saw in the comments that they tried Herbal essences' long term relationship. And then I went to their website to see what does the shampoo and the conditioner does and it says that 'Grow your hair as long as you want'. I really got attracted to it. I bought mine at watsons for a really affordable price. I liked the scent of it and it really left my hair smooth, frizz-free, moisturized, clean, and looked full but when it comes to hair length, I see no differences and that what made me give just four lippies. My mom tried it too and told me that it really is good.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

4 years ago

Tried this and the Hello Hydration. I LOVE the new formulas! Used to be heavy and silicone-laden but now, my hair is CLEAN SOFT AND EASY TO BRUSH AFTER WASHING. I used to hate these but now, my skin and hair are soft, and it rinses cleanly. I'm astonished that creamy shampoos could clean so well. I don't feel build up like I did Suave and Pantene. I think if you hated these before, you might try again. They're great! Better than my dear PM Tea Tree. I noticed the new formula keeps my hair very light. And the matching conditioners are just as good. Enjoy!

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I really can't stand the way this smells after it settles. It's a perfectly fine shampoo otherwise, lathers up richly, cleans thoroughly without stripping the hair...it might even strengthen hair if I had the patience for the scent, which is reminiscent of what I call "plastic masculinity." It kind of smells like the failed non-original scent Old Spice shampoos after the initial fruity, "pomegranate" sweetness wears off. Even my non-finicky BF asked if his hair smelled like the Old Spice "plastic" conditioner the first time he used this one.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

It washed well, rinsed well and didn't leave my hair feeling gross. It didn't' do anything miraculous but what shampoo does??

About reviewer (1039 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

from

5 years ago

Not impressed. I don't know what benefits this shampoo is supposed to have, but I don't think it made my hair shiny (and I've used other products that did ) and I felt like it didn't clean thoroughly.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

5 years ago

I loved the smell of the old formula... Now it smells like the older Tousle Me Softly conditioner. Haven't noticed a difference in helping with the growth of my hair quite yet. Using it combined with the conditioner, doesn't moisturize as much (but then again, that's not its goal) but it adds lots of shine.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown