Kiehl's Line Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate

Kiehl's Line Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate

2.4

Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ascorbic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water, Lauroyl Lysine, Acrylates Copolymer, Escin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Adenosine, Citrus Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Extract, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

I can't believe I used something like this on the most delicate area of my face - under my eyes! I'm actually thinking of getting compensation. This product felt like it was burning my skin - it stung. I'm now worried of the impact it will have on my skin - it won't show until the next couple of days. I don't use makeup or anything and I feel so let down by this product. I always look after my skin but this obviously doesn't work.

on 4/24/2016 11:22:00 PM

This product did not brighten up my under eye area, but it did help with my fine lines. It burned the first time I used it, but that's probably why they told me to use only very little. My skin eventually got used to it, and it never reacted or anything, so I kept using it. This is very dry, and it is not an eye cream, so don't expect any moisturising. I had to buy a separate eye cream to use with this, but even alone, it works. It did reduce my fine lines, so I'll give it proper credit. I do not know whether I will buy again, but I suppose I'll find out when it runs out whether I'll miss it or not. It's an unnecessary extra step, but it works. At least, it did for me.

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/7/2016 4:13:00 AM

Fully agree with the previous reviewer.. I normally leave it in the fridge and I used it religiously for a while and went back to it after a few weeks and it separated in solid and liquid. The BA from Kiehls did mention that it'd improve dark circles but didn't work at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Stings my skin and leaves an orange cast. Also separates into solids and oils. Avoid.

on 6/23/2015 9:08:00 AM

I honestly believe this made my fine lines worse! I only had very faint lines but decided I was at an age where I should start the prevention rather than cure method. Within only a few weeks, I can't quite recall, maybe 3-5 weeks the lines got significantly more noticeable, I was only 21 at the time. I believe this product dries out your skin and also really stings! Highly UNrecommended

on 5/3/2015 4:33:00 PM

Absolutely to avoid! I started using it when I noticed some early wrinkles due to age and sun (it was after summer). The shop assistant warned me that at the beginning it can sting a bit, because of the vitamin C, so I was not worried about that and anyway it was not that annoying. After some weeks wrinkles began to get worst and I didn't realize it could be because of this cream, since once I woke up in the morning with swollen and red eyes hitching like crazy. I stopped using it and after one week wrinkles were gone, at least went back as to the begging of the treatment. The reaction can be due to my skin and not happen to others, but still it makes the skin very dry and does not help for wrinkles or dark circles. I tried other products from kiehl's and they were usually very good. This is a complete failure.

on 10/14/2014 6:45:00 AM

I am having like a deep line around my eyes and decide to buy an eye cream. So I went into this Kiehl's boutique and consulted with the BA. She recommended me this product and after only less than a week, my skin eyes starting to be extremely dry and I have to stop use this eye cream. It is indeed annoyed me since it is very pricey.

I had read really good reviews on the Kiehls website and was highly rated on Paula's Choice, so I decided to try this one to combat aging & dark circles. It's a very emollient eye treatment & kind of greasy so I felt like it was doing "something". After researching the ingredients it made to make sense why I was starting to feel irritation after wearing for two days. When I took my eye makeup off at night , burning sensations started on both upper & lower lids. I still went ahead and applied one more time before bed and tried to see if there would be any improvement ... Nope, burning sensation in my eyes all night while I was sleeping.
I just got out of bed and used my Cetiphil cleanser to remove eye cream because I couldn't take the irritated feeling anymore. I wish I would have saved $ and tried a sample prior to the splurge ...I'll be using the Garnier eye cream I still have left, that has never cause me discomfort & it's cheap!!

on 4/27/2014 8:33:00 PM

I've used 2 tubes of this eye cream so far and still have one tube left, so I've many months of using this product already.

Long story short:
1. applies easily
2. treats lines, not dark circles

The concentrate is very easily applied, similar but a bit thinner and more liquid than the Line Reducing Serum. I don't need to pull around my eye area like I have to do with the Kiehl's avocado and Rosa Artica eye cremes.

I've started to notice a thin line under my eyes, so I used this eye concentrate.
A few weeks after using the serum the line disappeared. It still hasn't come back.
It did nothing to help with my dark circles, though.

An overly enthusiastic Kiehl's associate pressed me to buy it and the left me know that all sales are final once I was ready to check out. I guess this turned out to be a good risk.

on 4/27/2014 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am no longer a faithful follower of Kiehls skincare products after trying the Line Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate. I was excited to try this treatment due to its potent concentration of Vitamin C. I have had some success with brightening dark spots with it. This eye treatment stings and burns as if you are experiencing a severe sunburn or an abrasive scrub. As the treatment stings, it also manages to dry the skin under you eyes.

I tried various application techniques and the results were always the same.