3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

What in the world? I used to love this and suddenly my hair is all tangled during the day after getting another bottle of it. Did the formula change? I used this for a year or two straight and just wanted to try other things, and now that I'm using it again it's really not great. My hair is soft, but I can't handle the constant knots it has now. I normally have greasy roots and dry ends with long, thick hair. I basically need a conditioner that detangles, softens, and smooths (and I apply from mid-length down, always). Maybe Herbal Essences will fix this, or maybe I just grew out of it, but I'll miss the sweet strawberry yogurt smell.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I think this is a great conditioner for someone who has thick, full long hair. I have fine hair, but a lot of it. This cleans well, but doesn't add volume for my fine hair. It doesn't leave it "dirty" feeling, but just a good clean where my hair tends to fall flat because it's so fine. I think the shea butter may be what makes my fine hall fall too soft. I didn't mind the smell, it's sweet like all of the other Herbal Essence smell like, so it didn't bother me. But comparing this conditioner to the HE Hello Hydration? My hair prefers the Hello Hydration. This conditioner, combined with the matching shampoo made my hair soft and clean, but too soft that it fell flat. Not bad, if you have nice hair that is thick and bulky and you want it to just be clean and lay straight.

About reviewer (428 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

This smells EXACTLY like a strawberry yogurt! Except perhaps with a hint of cotton candy. I actually like Hello hydration more than this one, even though HH builds up super quick IMO. This feels like it just sits on top of my hair when applying it, which does not feel nice at all! It takes a little while for my hair to drink this up, but somehow seems to be a loot friendlier with my straight bits, but not with my wavier bits! What! Juust like the shampoo! So it isn't very hydrating. It's also coating. If your hair is straight and not very dry, then this duo is for you. Wouldn't recommend it for non-straighties with drier hair.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Best conditioner I've used so far. I've tried more expensive brands that didn't do anything for my hair. That said, I don't have dry hair. I do get that 'oily roots dry ends' issue that a lot of others with long hair get, but even then my hair is by default shiny and I don't get any frizz or split ends. Would strongly recommend if your hair is a little dry, but I don't know how well it works for those with serious dry hair issues.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

This review is for the pomegranate version, not the raspberry. Pomegranate is one of my favourite scents in almost anything! Body lotions, perfumes, body mists, lip butters... anything! So when i saw it was in this shampoo i couldn't resist! I had previously first tried the honey i'm strong shampoo and conditioner... never again. That left my hair in a sticky hot mess! I assumed it was because it wasn't a clear substance and it had more moisturising ingredients to it, especially the honey which may of added to my scalp 's build up. So i was hesitant to try this but man i do not regret purchasing this one bit! It smells delicious, it contains pomegranate and shea butter which has huge benefits for the hair! And it's pink! I just couldn't say no. And on top of that i have never experienced that sticky, hot, build up on my scalp. I can actually go longer without washing my hair with this duo! Give it a try! Don't be worried about the build up! :) I give it a 4 out of 5 because the ingredients aren't the best and in my town it isn't the cheapest to buy.. but overall it's amazing so do try it.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

EyesGray

4 years ago

I really enjoyed this shampoo and conditioner! I picked up a travel size of this when I went away and it worked really well. I have medium length hair and I didn't purchase this in the hopes that my hair will grow longer lol! But it smells amazing, delangles my hair and keeps my hair feeling fresh and clean. My scalp gets oily pretty quickly but I didnt experience that with this product! I ended up using up the travel size and went out to purchase the full size on sale for $4 each ~ Amazing :)

About reviewer (201 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

5 years ago

This is the best detangling conditioner I've ever used. I can glide a brush effortlessly through my hair after showering. It's on the thicker side but it doesn't build up as fast on my hair as some other HE conditioners do. Leaves my hair shiny and very soft. I prefer the old scent to the new one but it's not a huge deal. I've repurchased this several times and probably will again.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Wavy, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

I used this with the matching shampoo. I like it. Nothing fancy but conditions well. Definitely repurchase this along with the shampoo.

About reviewer (981 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

5 years ago

LOVE this conditioner!!! I have repurchased this time and time again. It leaves my hair feeling sooo soft and smooth! It prevents split ends really well and it also smells absolutely amazing, recently the scent was changed from raspberry to pomegranate which is soo sad but i smelled it in the supermarket and it still smelled really nice. Really recommend this. x

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Fair

5 years ago

I stick with a good product for a long time. I still use Noxema! If the product doesn't perform as well with time, then I search for a new one. I've been using this with amazing results. I have curly hair, medium length. This is so silky feeling and the smell lasts! It's the best scented shampoo/conditioner since Flex! I only wish it were that strong...but it DOES last! I'm so very unhappy they changed the scent to cranberry....it's rather sharp. I hope they haven't changed the product. I'll still purchase because I HAVE to, it's the best. VERY unhappy with the smell now though. It's smells sharp, bitter even. I love cranberries and the scent of cranberries in most anything.......except this conditioner. In comparison.....the old smell was the scent of apple pie and sugar cookies, and this new scent is more like saurkraut. I'm hope the scent doesn't last so long now.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age56 & Over