New York Color Long Wearing Nail Enamel - Starry Silver Glitter 105

New York Color Long Wearing Nail Enamel - Starry Silver Glitter 105
 NYC: Starry Silver GlitterLong Wearing Nail Enamel - Starry Silver Glitter 105Long Wearing Nail Enamel - Starry Silver Glitter 105Revlon Lilac Pastelle + NYC Starry Silver GlitterLong Wearing Nail Enamel - Starry Silver Glitter 105

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

I have a really pretty vibrant blue polish and this glitter complimented it sooo perfectly. It has silver and blue chunks and is more of a large glitter (the pieces are larger and more spread out) so if you wanted a lot you would have to add multiple coats.

Overall, NYC is nice but still. Gloopy n hard to make even with glitter specks! :O :( Otherwise! It looks really nice ESP on a dark color to corrinate 2! Yes! - I got inspired by other nail polishes! :O :x !!! You don't even need a top coat! Maybe! - Yes! - Go get! Plenty of giltter n thick :)! but a bit tiny 2! :x.-

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have a love/hate relationship with this polish. I actually bought it, tossed it, and then bought it again. I love the combination of various sizes and shapes (regular and round) of glitter in baby pink, sky blue, silver, and holographic, but it's a pain to get any kind of coverage out of it. The best strategy I've found is to dab the first coat on for more coverage, then apply 1-3 more coats normally, but for me it definitely has to be worn over another polish. The pic I've uploaded shows it over Revlon Lilac Pastelle; it peeled off a day later because I was wearing a half-dozen coats of product.

on 12/16/2012 10:58:00 PM

I am probably a little old for glitter polish but I still can't resist it. I didn't wear it when I was younger, back then it had a sort of "white trash" reputation. Today it seems that anything goes - I really envy the style rules of the younger crowd now.

Seems that out of all the higher end brands I have bought, this one, for 99 cents, really rates! Better over a darker polish than over light or alone, very sparkly, with different colors and types of glitter to give it some depth. I see blue, pink, and shimmery little silvery specks of all shades. Dries pretty fast, and a pain to remove like most glitter polishes. Wish they had more colors. Lots of fun!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the mix of glitter in this polish has changed since NYC changed their packaging (which was maybe a year ago). I used to see this polish when it was in the old style packaging and didn't think much of it. It was a silver glitter base with medium blue and pink hex glitters if memory serves. I picked it up today because NYC was BOGO 1/2 off at Rite Aid - and because I see that it has fine holographic glitter in the mix now! Either it had holo glitter before and I never noticed or they've recently added it to the mix. But in any case it is a gorgeous, dirt cheap holo glitter. Highly rec. checking this one out :D

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Starry Silver Glitter looks divine on dark polishes because it forces the silver to show up. On lighter colors, the finer glitter looks like little spots in the sunlight but looks amazing indoors. This one's got the usual multi-colored fine glitter and has blue and pink hexagonal glitter interspersed.

This isn't a one coat glitter and it's not meant to be. Application is a bit of a technique thing but it's really pretty all around.

Also, 99 cents!

on 11/12/2011 9:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful glitter mixture. Looks great over another color. I don't know how it looks on its own but it was well worth 99 cents.

Really like using this over my nails to add a little oomph. I layer this on top of other colors because in my opinion it doesn't look good by itself. I like to wear this around the holidays because it makes my nails look a bit more festive. Sometimes its hard to apply the big glitters evenly though. It can also be a pain to take off. But overall a really lovely polish. I recommend using a top coat over it to smooth things out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a combination of tiny silver holo glitter and larger light pink and bright blue round glitter in a clear base. It's fine to spice up a boring color, but don't expect to ever get any opaque coverage out of this - in fact, the only way to get more than a few specks of glitter on any given nail is to dab it on rather than brushing it on in strokes. Dries fast even when globbed on, about 20 minutes. I wore it over a neutral light gray (NYC Sidewalkers) for something fun but sophisticated. :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Found this in my sis' drawer. I usually just love simple matte colors, but I wanted to switch it up a bit. This nail polish is cute and Fun. I love that the circle confetti is scattered over my nail. Formula is thick but it's clear so you can pack it on to add more sparkle to your nails. Right now, Im wearing this over revlon's lilac pastelle. Def will repurchase :)

EDIT: this polish is super cute but such a pain in the butt to remove. It felt like I was scrubbing my nails.

Popular Polishes