Herbatint - Permanent Haircolour Gel

Herbatint - Permanent Haircolour Gel

3.0

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this as it has less chemicals and very little odor, I forget the color I used last but it was a light golden brown which worked fine it was slightly darker on my hair. it's expensive here in Canada around $20 including tax, and it needs to stay longer on your hair to work. I portion out what I need so a box will last me 3 touchups if I'm not doing my whole head of hair. I will repurchase, I can't stand the smell of the other boxed colors so there are more pros than cons for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like how Herbatint has very little scent. It is gentle and makes my scalp only a little itchy sometimes but goes away fast. It's hard to keep it on for 40 minutes but I pass the time watching t.v. It dries the hell out of my hair so I have 2 use very heavy conditioner after I rinse it out and coconut oil. Then it is soft again. The colors tend to be darker than the model's hair on the box. It's not that big of a deal for me. Love that it is cruelty free since kind products are so hard to find. My hair is fine and thinning so I get 2 uses out of the box instead of one which is awesome since it's 17 dollars which is pricey but I need 2 buy it since I have psoriasis and need something gentle. Covers my ugly greys well.

on 12/1/2017 10:02:00 PM

I was using this product for about 8 months and close to the end of the 8 months I started to realize my hair falling out. Trust me I have A LOT of hair so I didn’t notice at first . My hair is now a lot thinner than it has ever been in my life. I didn’t put the two together until I decided to google it. I saw everyone else’s review and I obviously stopped using it. I really feel bad for anyone who has used this causes major hair loss. Please do not use it !!! I pray my hair grows back I’m going to start doing treatments.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is dangerous. It says natural but as the other reviews point out- it is not. It made my hair fall out around the front hairline (forehead). I admit I shampooed my hair within 12 hours of using (it says not to for 24 hours), but your hair falling out should not be the result. I WOULD NEVER USE AGAIN. AND I WOULD ASSUME THE POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE PLANTED BY THE COMPANY. DON'T BUY. THERE'S OTHER BETTER BRANDS OUT THERE.

on 4/24/2017 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used herbatint permanent hair dye and I am now having an allergic reaction. I only left it in for 15 mins as the box sais 30-40 mins. This product is dangerous to use if you have any allergies to dyes. There is nothing herbal about it. It's very misleading. I would not recommend using it if your have sensitive skin. My whole scalp is red bunny and itchy and my face too. I am using benedryl Claritin and prednisone to deal with it now on the 2nd day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

DO NOT buy this product. It almost destroyed my short, normally very healthy hair.
I've used boxed hair dyes for years with no issues. I developed skin allergies so I decided to try this stuff instead. Bad idea.
The color came out beautiful and lasted a long time. But no amount of conditioner seems to be be able to make my hair soft again. For a more "natural" product, it sure did one hell of a time damaging my hair.
I can't believe that I spent so much $ on this stuff. I'm glad that I only bought one box.

on 4/25/2016 12:44:00 PM

I bought this product because I thought a more natural hair tint would be better for my hair.

I was WRONG!

this hair dye really dried my hair, absolutely horrible.

I tried L'Oreal Casting Creme before using this and it was perfect for my hair ! didn't dry my hair at all.

I'm very disappointed at this "herbal" dye.

NEVER again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I would only buy this again for ethical reasons until I find another that has more accurate colour codes.

You have to be aware this colour comes up darker than you expect and also much warmer. That's why I chose 7N & 7C hoping for a medium ash brown. It was still warmer (copper under tone). And I'm sure it will then wash off to reveal more of the warm tones which I don't like.

It's true that it's quite drying, but the sachet of conditioner did soften it again. Though I'm glad I only used it on my roots as my ends would have become worse.

As far as skin reaction, It left my head mildly warm, but not burning or tingling. So do a skin test if you're sensitive. It is easy to remove from your skin and doesn't stain your hairline.

The smell is very mild which is a huge plus as other harsh brands make my eyes water.

I will stick with it because it's less chemicals and does not test on animals, until I find one with better reviews for another gentle ash tone dye.

on 10/21/2014 2:42:00 PM

Absolutely terrible product my scalp has been tender and the colour was dark brown instead of blonde i have sensitive scalp and this product made it worse don't know what they put in it but I thought it would be better since it is herbal can't wait till it grows out

on 11/24/2015 3:57:00 PM

I was quite happy with the results of this product for half a year. Especially the natural colour of 6N. But after using it a few times, it has left my hair brittle and lifeless. I had my doubts about it as one or two organic food stores in the town refuse to stock it, saying that it is completely unnatural. This I found out the hard way. I was trying to get curcuma stains off my fingers so I took the bottle of oxygenated water that comes in the Herbatint packet and I put some on a cotton swab and proceeded to rub my finger with it. My finger began to burn and then it turned white from being burned. I was shocked and anxious. If it does that to my finger, what is it doing to my hair. Just dip a finger in that water like substance and you will see that this could be considered even as a dangerous product. Frightening how naive we consumers are.

Popular Hair Color Products