Dermalogica Age Smart Renewal Lip Complex

Dermalogica Age Smart Renewal Lip Complex

Not tested on animals

Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Synthetic Beeswax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Lauryl Lactate, Arginine/Lysine Polypeptide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Hyaluronate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Palm Oil Aminopropanediol Esters, Squalane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Stevioside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Benzyl Alcohol, Flavor (Aroma).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For about a month I've had a tiny sachet of this that's good for about 4 or 5 uses and not got round to using so I decided to use it all up this weekend. First of all...this stuff is mega concentrated! Each time I've squeezed the teeniest amount out of the perforated top of the sachet and literally a dot size has done the trick, it really is one of those cases of 'a little goes a long way'...which means I don't find it expensive at all considering how long a full size tube would last. If anything I'd probably be worried about the product expiring before I can use it all up!
There's no nasties in this as far as I can tell and there is an 'aroma/flavor' added to this which gives it that sweet slightly fruity fragrance, however the ingredients listing doesn't specify exactly what it is. Also no SPF in this, although there is Vit E pretty high up in here which is a strong antioxidant - perfect for use under a SPF!

The product itself is surprisingly effective. My lips have been moisturized and remained supple ever since I started using this late on Friday. Normally I apply a lip balm or lip mask and forget it's on, but not this one, I can't stop pressing my lips together to feel how soft and silky they are. I seriously half expected a sticky mess with this having Castor oil so high up the ingredients listing, followed by Avocado oil, but no this is anything other than sticky! It does wear off gradually when drinking throughout the day but despite that I haven't had to reapply more than once - usually by about 3pm in the afternoon, after that just one application right before bed and I'm all set for waking up to smoother, softer and unchapped lips in the morning.

Will I repurchase? Absolutely! At the very least I'm going to stock up on a bunch of these in sachet size (easily available on e-bay) as they are perfect for weekends away, one sachet lasts more or less exactly a weekend, no trying to re-pack and getting home to find it's leaked over other cosmetics, simply use it up and dispose of it.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/8/2017 12:35:00 PM

Excellent product!! Dermalogica's Renewal Lip Complex is expensive, but it's worth it. A million times better than the Bite Agave Lip Mask, IMO.

This lip treatment actually heals and eliminates chapped skin on the lips. It feels silky, not sticky. And the packaging is absolutely genius. I love that is has a lipstick-type cap. And no worries about any product being wasted.

This lip treatment has lived up to my expectations and then some. I love it! I would definitely buy it again.

Highly Recommended!

on 2/18/2017 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a good lip balm. It stays on nicely without being sticky, waxy or greasy. It's barely scented (pleasant lightly fruity maybe, so light I can't identify). The prior reviewer describes the packaging in perfect detail, so I will just say it comes in a sturdy lipstick tube with a cap and you open to perforations on the inner top to dispense the perfect amount of product so it won't break or crack like a lot of stick type balms. I really like it and would definitely recommend. I got if for $26 at Nordstrom which is pretty pricey compared to Chapstick or Blistex, etc. but it lasts hours longer and is much more hygenic. Dermalogica's AGE Smart collection has a lot of great products, many of which I've used (and still use some). I've reviewed several others from the line as well.

on 2/10/2016 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love the packaging for this balm. It comes in a tube like Blistex with a secure pop off cap, but inside there's a silicone cap shaped like a lipstick and it has holes which you can easily twist product through. This is really convenient because it keeps the balm from getting smashed or damaged and IMO, more sanitary. It instructs users to apply at least twice daily, but I like to apply it more. It's 100% non-sticky! It feels smooth on my lips and soaks in within about an hour, leaving baby-soft skin! I also like the scent. It's kind of fruity, but not really....it smells a lot like the winter care Blistex. My only issue with this is that it's $26 at Ulta which is kind of steep for a lip balm, but after about a week of use, it has significantly plumped and kind of smoothed out those deep cracks and lines my lips get (probably from drinking through straws so much!) At least for the price, you barely have to use any because its thick and spreadable, so it lasts a long time.

I bought this for my dry not chapped lips and I was expecting great things from this lip product as the dermalogica gentle cream exfoliant WOWED me I thought this will too! No. The texture is so sticky and gloopy and after the first application my lips started to peel. I gave it a chance so I continued to use it for a month but NO MORE PLEASE! I'll have no lips left! 😱 constant peeling and more dry than ever I just didn't get on with it at all I'm afraid

Ok ladies, this product is AMAZING! I am honestly amazed that anyone could complain about a product that repairs so well! Throughout the year I can have very dry and very chapped lips. I had being searching near and far for a lip balm that was reliable and effective...this is IT!

Pros:
1.Incredibly conditioning and hydrating
2. Not sticky - feels great on the lips
3. Seems to 'exfoliate' by removing rough patches on the lips
5. Only needs to be applied once or twice a day
6. Soothes and repairs sore lips
7. After you take off the lid, there is a plastic cap that sits over the balm itself. The cap has little holes in it that the balm gets fed through. I didn't like it at first but now I adore it because it prevents the balm from getting crushed and also helps you control the amount of product you use, and allows you to massage the product deep into your lips.

Cons:
1. Very expensive (I bought mine for $33 off eBay) but it was worth it, because it is the only lip balm/treatment I will be using...+ you can use it as a lip primer too!

Overall I give it a 5 out of 5!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was truly excited to try this product as it promised to do this and that and everything. I live in Norway, there the climate is cold and the air is dry, so I saw this as a great product for my lips, but then again no.. I only gave the same effect as any other cheap lip balm, like the ones from Nivea, Lypsyl etc. The bottom who feeds the top with balm has a tendency to live a life of it's own, so suddenly there is a lot of balm in at the top when I open it.. The smell and taste is o.k., but the product does not do as it promises. Disappointing! Carmex is cheaper and much better in my oppinion..

on 12/5/2012 3:42:00 PM

I bought this product a little over 3 weeks ago and it is gone! Paid almost $30 for it and that was with a family discount. I have fairly normal skin and use a lip balm mostly in the colder weather. I use Dermalogia products exclusively and thought this would be up to D's usual standards. Not so, in fact the only thing I like about it is there is no perfume or minty taste to it. It is very thick feelling and my lips are dried out within a couple of hours of applying it; reapplication doesn't help. It reminded me so much of vaseline that I decided to see what the difference would be...almost none. The vaseline is actually a bit thinner and seems to moisturize more effectively. Hugely dissapointed, especially after reading all the good reviews and paying all that money.

on 11/28/2012 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I've been using a sample of this product for over a week & a half now. It goes on very smoothly and makes my lips initially feel great but an hour or two later my lips feel extremely dry. I don't have this problem w/using Kiehl's #1 Balm so I think I will stick with that. Too bad because I love Dermalogica products.

on 11/28/2012 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had recently worried about the little fan of "smoker's wrinkles" on my upper lip even if I have never smoked. Looked awful. So guess if I was surprised when they practically disappered after using only a sample of this product!! So of course I bought one too and I'm amazed at the effect it had on the wrinkles! Great stuff!