Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.6

on 8/26/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I accidentally grabbed this in a medium brown shade when I meant to grab the dark brown, so I was leary about trying it since the last dye I used only seemed to dye the crown and random strands of hair. I decided to try it since a lot of reviews claimed that it ran darker than it was supposed to and it actually did, it seems to be a dark brown. It still only really dyed the crown and random strands of hair. I think my native american heritage keeps my hair from lightening properly, but it doesn't look all that bad actually. Anyhow, the comb attachment is very messy so I took it off and used the nossle. It has a VERY strong smell that lasted even after all of it was rinsed and the conditioner was applied. I think I can still smell it even after a few days and shampoo. The color is good but it's just so messy and I don't like the strong smell so this is a never again purchase

UPDATE: The color fades very quickly

on 3/8/2013 11:24:00 PM

So I've been a DIY person for a while now and I figured that I would try this "Prefect 10" colour since they say that the colour is completely perfect and has multiple tones. Naturally when I bleach my hair it goes orange and I usually use a simple "light ash blonde" colour and it does the trick perfectly.
Well my experience with this product was horrendous. My hair was moderately damaged from over bleaching but this product took my hair from a little frazzled to crinkled and split ends. I should have known how harsh this was just by how warm my head was. Even the colour was less then satisfactory since I did buy the ash blonde colour I was expecting my hair to NOT be golden in the end, man was I ever disappointed! Never again will I use a Clairol hair colour.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Just colored with the perfect 10 shade 5A-medium ash brown for the first time and am very happy with the results. It is the only at home color that covered my grays thoroughly-others have covered the gray but the color was much lighter on the gray than the rest. This one colored the gray making the grays the same color as the rest of my hair. (although I did have to reapply at the root above my forehead) . Used to use Feria, but they don't have a color similar to this one. The conditioner appears to make my hair nice and shiny, but will probably use my usual conditioners after my next wash.
True to color-no red highlights as with most brown shades even the ash ones.
Will report back after a couple of weeks as to how long this lasts.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have used NUmerous OTC hair dyes, & not one of them worked as well as Perfect 10 to cover my grays, nor did they come close to matching my own hair color like this dye has. I start by doing the roots, then add dye to remaining hair. 10 minutes later I have all over perfect color, with no reddish brown tint. I'm a level 4 dark brown with a slight red tone to my hair, & this dye covers that completely.

I had no adverse reaction to this dye, but for those who are trying it the 1st time, do a patch test like you're told to do! Dont come back & blame the product for scalp irritation, when you didn't do a patch test!

I apply the barrier cream by Sally Beauty around my hairline, neckline & ears. That stuff is amazing as it actually dries on your skin, blocking all dye from staining your skin.

I see many reviews from women who say this & other hair dyes leave their hair coarse & dry. Why? Because dying opens the cuticle of the hair! The cuticle needs sealed after dying. I use Joico cuticle sealer after I rinse the dye from my hair. I do not shampoo first before using the sealer, & niether did my stylist when she used it. Leave the sealer on 5 mins, rinse well, then apply your conditioner. Do not skip your conditioner after a cuticle sealer! Not only will your hair feel like silk, your color is now sealed in & will last a very long time if you use sulfate free shampoo & conditioner.

I was paying $60 for salon dying, & I have short hair. I get just as good if not better results now with Perfect 10. So the price of this hair dye to me, is well worth it. And buy that Joico cuticle sealer, if you are an at home hair dyer!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use this in Medium Ash Brown once a month. I love only having to do 10 mins and then rinsing it out. The conditioner leaves my hair feeling really nice and it smells good like coconuts. My hair comes out a super glossy dark to medium brown. Its my favorite brand of hair color. My natural color is already dark brown but I love how this shade just makes my hair sparkle and it adds a richer brown tone to it.

on 8/2/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

At first I loved this stuff. The color was great and my hair was shiny and lovely. Buuuut with every use the color lasted for shorter and shorter periods of time. Now my hair is brassy and feels like straw (and I have seriously hard to kill hair). I will never ever use this stuff again!

on 8/18/2010 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the hair dye i use again and again and don't even want to try anything else!!! I love it - works so fast, conditions, rinses out well and colour stays true until the next colouring session (normally about 8 weeks for me). My natural hair colour is a very dark brown and i have used the medium brown and currently am the light brown (06) and the colour is such a lovely brown on me!!! Have received lots of compliments :-) I find the comb attachment messy so use a root touch up brush for application and mix the dye and solution in an old plastic bowl!! Great results every time! If you want to try a great hair dye which doesn't fade and works really fast then you must must get this.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have always gotten my hair colored at the salon. Most of the time it has come out great but a few times it has been not so great. I recently got my hair colored at at a spa by a woman who has been doing hair color for 17 years so she said. When I got home and got a good look at my roots I could see a that she hit the few grays I have but I also saw ALOT of brown (my natural hair color). I had spent $100 for that, I was done. I decided I would do my own color from now on. I picked this one on my first try and I am so glad I did. This was easy and quick. At first when I washed/rinsed the color out my hair did feel very dry so I used the entire tube of conditioner that comes with the kit and left it in for about two hours. My hair looks SO good perfect even black all over from root to tip and its so shinny and soft. I continue to use this color kit every 8-10 weeks no more salons for me unless I am getting my hair lighten.

on 11/2/2009 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Well, all the hype about Clairol's Perfect 10 appears to be just that- hype. The product boasts ease of use because it only takes 10 minutes. The reality is that your hair must be clean with no product on it, and not washed within the previous 24 hours. What woman conveniently finds herself in that situation? Also, the gray coverage is less than superior- in just over a week, a gray popped out right above my forehead! The applicator is yet another inconvenience of (Im)Perfect 10.
Unless you sport a length only slightly longer than Sinade O'Connor, your bathroom will be splattered with haircolor. To its credit, the conditioner offered with the product is decent, though it doesn't offer the hydration or pleasing aroma of Loreal's Superior Preference conditioner. Ladies, stick with Loreal!

on 9/22/2009 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Best hair coloring box for permanent color. I think the color is natural looking. I went from jet black to dark brown. The conditioner left my hair feeling moisturized and really cared for. I loved the applicator comb. It made application mess-free. It also makes the application much more accurate. No missed spot with that comb tip on the bottle.. For a box job the results were better than any other permanent hair dye. Less damaging too. For the record I am not comparing this to any of those semi=permanent box kits that are ammonia-free.