Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this haircolor! I just did my hair with it, using shade #5A Medium Ash Brown, and it did take almost no time at all for it to color. I have naturally dark brown hair with about 10%-15% gray in it. I was quite skeptical at first, since it says it works in only 10 minutes and completely covers gray. I actually left it in 12 minutes since my gray is on the resistant side. There was no strong odor and it was very easy to apply (I alternated between using the applicator tip and the comb). It wasn't damaging to my hair at all, and the grays are completely gone! The conditioner is very nice and it does makes your hair feel very soft and silky. Well it is slightly darker than I thought it would be (more like a darkest brown color), but I know that it will fade bit by bit over time, and I do love the results. I'll have to write another review as far as how long it will last in my hair, but so far so good, I love this haircolor. The only downside is that it's not on the cheap side, but luckily when I bought it, it was on sale and plus had a coupon to knock the price down a bit more. I do believe that this will be my main haircolor-it's quick, it's easy to apply, and as I have already said, the results are fantastic!

Update: It's been about 3 weeks now since I've colored my hair with this, and I'm still quite impressed! Usually, with me, after about 2 weeks, the grays start to show through (not on a large scale, but at the roots, still not noticeable to anyone else but me), but with this, the grays are very minimal in showing! My hair has faded to the medium brown shade that I desire with very little brassiness (you've got to expect a bit of brassiness with brown haircolor, even if it's an ash tone-that's how you distinguish between brown and black haircolors). But my hair still looks great. So yes, I can say that this is quite lasting since it's been almost a month and the gray is just now beginning to show. Will definitely buy this again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like the modern packaging and the shade selection for brunettes is nice. My fav is medium ash brown which is like a dark brown at first but fades into a nice rich brown shade. I honestly do not mind it being dark at first. The conditioner smells like coconuts and leaves my hair soft and healthy. I like using half of the tube to make up for any dryness the dye may have caused. 10minutes is such a dream too compared to sitting around for 30minutes. Perfect 10 is the best dye overall for me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this product!I have naturally dark,brown hair.During the summer,revlon frost n glow was used to add subtle highlights which lightened up my hair a bit.Though appropriate for summer,I felt I needed to richen up my color for the winter season.I have never dyed my own hair before,my hair looked mousy and unhealthy,and it's coarse and very thick and long.The midst of my back.Anyways,the product was easy to distribute throughout,I was a beginner and didn't use to brush nozzle.So easy to apply,ten minutes afterwards and my hair was dark golden brown,as promised.Left extremely healthy looking and shiny.Great product!

on 3/4/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have used Feria for about 3 years. Not necissairly becuase it was the best but because I am always afraid to try new products I'm not familiar with.

Well, the last few times I colored my hair (Black) I noticed (my husband also) that the color was not catching all my hair (shoulder legnth, no grey yet). And within a week or so the color faded to a dark brown/redish brown (I hate the reddish brown, thats why I dye my natural darkish brown hair to a black).

Well, last week I was browsing the hair color isle and Clairol Perfect 10 caught my eye. Really, 10 minutes? Because Feria takes 25 mintues and it didnt get the job done.

Well, I tried it! It was my last attempt before I was going to try salon color. The hair comb trip is great! It really does make the process easier. I still use my fingers to massage it in but there are less spills and splatters and I feel like it helps get the color deeper in the roots in more area thather than just the one single line with the regular tipped nozzle.

So, because I was skeptical, after I finished applying the product, I set the timer for 15 mintues rather than the 10. I didnt want to go to overboard. After my 15 minutes, I washed according to instructions.

The results! My hair is jet black! ALL OVER! Holy, No Joke! It really did work. It grasped all my hair. I even made my husband check the back. When I was driving in the car. I even check the the mirror a few times to see if there were any "brown/reddish lights" being picked up but the sun! None! It's been a week and the color still looks great!

I've read reviews and the product did not dry my hair. My husband said it looks glossy and healthy. It feels silky to me. However I do not stress my hair out with products or with heat on a daily basis either.

Feria has lost a cusotmer and I'm Perfect 10 all the way! I am recomending the product to my friends who box color hair.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best at-home color I've tried. I love that it takes just 10minutes and the ash shades actually come out ashy! I use Medium Ash Brown and do my own pale blonde highlights with a Clairol kit. Everybody asks where I get my hair done! I'm very happy with this company. I also use Clairol's Shimmer Lights violet shampoo to keep my hair a beautiful neutral shiney color all-over, no brassiness 4 me ever anymore:). Yea the brown fades over time(about 4 weeks later for me), but honestly every red or brown hairdye does. The conditioner in this kit smells great too(like coconuts) and it leaves my hair healthy looking. <3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this, it just takes 10 mins and viola my hair looks great. It looks healthy too. I love this product!

on 9/15/2009 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

So due to the fact I was a bleach blonde and had to dye my hair brown because it would be alot healthier on my hair ect. doing so, my hair went grey, greenish..it was horrible, I have exstensions so they went a normal light brownish. I went and bought this and applied it. The bottle is soo easy to use, and the colour was SO rich, covered all the gray tones, its like chocolate, I will defff use this over and over again .

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this on Clearance at Zellers, and I pretty much am addicted to this. Nice and easy, it's true! when I first used it, it had an easy glide-on application. Just mix some ingredients, then brush! I bought one in black, and my hair is PITCH-BLACK, which is what I want. It makes a great hair dye. I love it! Definitely will recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my fully honest review. I didn't want to give it a 5 even though I got great results because the one bad thing disappointed me.

PROS:
-smelled better than most permanent dyes
-color on the box is the color you will most likely get
-great shade selection
-creamy formula that's easy to apply
-great included conditioner
-rinsing out the dye made my hair feel smooth and silky BEFORE conditioning.
-rinsed out easily
-didn't stain my skin, didn't burn/itch/sting
-just great results over all.
-pricier than most, but affordable and pretty much worth it
-works in 10 minutes as promise (also a con)

CONS:
-the comb applicator DISPENSES OUT TOO MUCH!!
-10 minutes seemed intimidating (I take my time applying dye)

If you need more information, keep reading.
I bought this in 4R, the dark Auburn, which I believe is a new shade. I used it on my light-medium blonde hair that's been over-processed after numerous bleaching sessions. I decided to do a darker blonde, but I saw this color and I grabbed it right away. It is regularly $14-17CAD but I got it for $11 cuz I had a coupon. I was scared that it might make my hair bright orange, so I had hesitation upon applying it. I mixed the dye together, following the directions to a T. I started from my roots, parting it half an inch every time. I used the comb applicator and it seemed useful in getting product on my hair. I did my roots everywhere and I realized that the bottle kept sputtering as if it was running out, so I started to freak out. I looked at the clock and it took me 4 minutes to do my roots. So now, I was pretty much expecting darker roots and uneven color. So I started applying it to the mid-lengths and ends quickly, and it seemed fine until I got to the 4th quarter of my head. I ran out completely.
I'm not saying that there's not enough, its just that in the start, the comb applicator dispensed so much that product ran out for the rest.

When I got out of the shower and blow dried my hair, i was amazed at the health of my hair. But disa ppointed with the blonde/brown patch ont he side of my head.

Will be buying it again int he same color, though. :D

BOTTOM LINE: Use a little as possible from the start. You can always add more after saturating your entire head fully.

on 3/26/2009 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am amazed at how well this works. And in 10 minutes! I have graying, dark brown hair. I usually use L'oreal Preference and Feria, but saw this on sale and thought I'd give it a chance. I mixed the medium and dark brown colors. The smell wasn't too bad and the wait time was great! You do have to watch the clock, though, because you basically have to apply and let it sit in just 10 minutes (15 for stubborn gray) or you will over process and end up with a darker color. I think I left it on for about 12 minutes in all. My hair is even, multi-dimensional and absolutely glossy. Like, amazingly glossy! And, best of all, it doesn't even feel like I colored it! Now, as much as I like Feria, my hair always felt processed after applying it. If the color holds, this stuff really will be "perfect". Edit: Doesn't cover grey that well. I think I like Feria better (especially the reformulated Feria).