Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought espresso which is the darkest brown. when i applied it i could see it wasnt brown at all, it was black. i left it on for the 10 minutes and upon drying, confirmed this hair dye was black as I had thought and not brown at all. i am ok with it being darker as my natural colour is quite dark but it is still not the colour I was going for. the smell is quite strong but I do love the fact it processes in 10 minutes. i didnt find it did a lot of damage which was good.

on 7/13/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This hair color is fantastic! Fell into a panic when I stopped seeing it in stores, but when it recently appeared on shelves again at Target I bought all the boxes in my color. I have been coloring my hair my entire life, since I first started turning grey in college. My greys are now plentiful and VERY resistant. This is the only hair color that consistently covers the grey completely and still leaves my hair soft and shiny. L'Oreal gets prime shelf space everywhere (I'm sure they pay $$$ for that), but every time I've tried any L'Oreal hair color it dried out my hair terribly. Clairol has been my go-to for the last several years, and Perfect 10 is the perfect, strong color my resistent greys require--and I don't need to leave it on my head for an hour!
Oh! I find the comb to work beautifully. Mind, since I re-color regularly I only do the roots and don't comb the color it all the way through my hair. But the comb makes it very easy to cover all the roots completely in a short period of time.
Great color, great product!

on 7/13/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've changed my hair a lot over the years but I always try to find the colour I want in this brand! I think the plus point about this is that it only takes 10 minutes to develop so if your after a quick root touch up or a quick dye this is the product for you! I recently used golden medium brown and it's a nice colour but I find that my hair is so shiny and looks in good condition after I've dyed it! I also really like the perfect 10 conditioner you get in the box. It only needs to be left on for 2 minutes but it does wonders for your hair!!

I'm on the fence about this one. I bought the color Lightest Cool Brown, because I wanted to cover some brassy tones in my light brown hair. This gave me the exact color I wanted...a soft cool brown that was multi-tonal (either that, or I missed a few spots). It got rid of most of the brassy color, and the few highlights showing through look very natural. I'd be really happy with this, except for the fact that I think I fried my hair. During the application process, I couldn't used the comb applicator, because my hair felt tangled, and all the comb did was get stuck, I ended up just using the regular tip. It also had a pretty strong odor, but it didn't burn or sting my scalp. When I was rinsing the dye, my hair felt like straw! I can't say it was all that whoopee before, but the dye left it crunchy. After applying the after color conditioner, it felt much better, but you know damage was done. I also lost a couple handfuls of hair. I can't say I'll use this again, even though it's the perfect color. We'll see how long it takes to fade, and how quickly the grays show up again. As a note, I used L'Oreal Excellence Crème about two months ago. I didn't care for the color, and it washed out within a few shampoos, but it didn't do so much damage. I guess I'll keep looking.

on 3/8/2013 11:24:00 PM

So I've been a DIY person for a while now and I figured that I would try this "Prefect 10" colour since they say that the colour is completely perfect and has multiple tones. Naturally when I bleach my hair it goes orange and I usually use a simple "light ash blonde" colour and it does the trick perfectly.
Well my experience with this product was horrendous. My hair was moderately damaged from over bleaching but this product took my hair from a little frazzled to crinkled and split ends. I should have known how harsh this was just by how warm my head was. Even the colour was less then satisfactory since I did buy the ash blonde colour I was expecting my hair to NOT be golden in the end, man was I ever disappointed! Never again will I use a Clairol hair colour.

on 10/28/2012 2:06:00 PM

I purchased and used this product specifically to try for LOWLIGHTS in my hair, not all over colour. I thought I would share my experience in case anyone was thinking of trying the same thing. I used 6WN - light chocolate brown. My natural colour is light brown mousey on the warm side, with some silvery grey. I don't do all over colour - in the salon I get highlights/lowlights. I got this kit to tide me over because my girl was all booked up and I *needed* a colour boost for an upcoming trip. I picked this particular kit because of the comb applicator. My plan was to just 'streak" some colour through my hair with the comb, and just let it sit like that (rather than following the instructions and mixing it all through my hair).

Generally speaking, the process was easy, and my hair turned out well conditioned. I DID achieve a lowlight look. Although I just "streaked" the colour on, I still seem to have ended up with a lot of my hair coloured. Some of my old highlights and my grey streaks still show through, which is what I wanted. (My highlights are about two and a half months old).

In some areas (virgin hair/roots in particular) I got a definite red coming through. I don't mind that because I know my hair has that "lean" to it. I also know that in my case, this red effect tones down very quickly. It's not an issue for me but I mention because it may be undesirable for others.

I gave this kit four stars because it did what I wanted. I knew I wasn't going to get quite the same effect as salon foils so I didn't have super high expectations to begin with It is also just a "tide-me-over" for a month until I go for my usual highlight/lowlight at the salon. So, all that considered, I'm happy with the result.

For what it's worth, once I had the colour on I got completely terrified that it was going to look horrible (I was not using it according to directions after all, so no one to blame but myself if it bombed).... so yes I definitely had my moment of panic. However it did come out acceptably well for me - no tears, no emergency calls to the salon! (I don't normally write such long reviews but I wanted to describe my experience for anyone who was thinking of trying the same thing).

Oh, and I indicated that I would not purchase again, but that is only because I normally don't dare colour my hair at home, and I don't plan on doing this all the time. (I posted some photos of during the process and the after result on my profile page, for anyone who wants to see the outcome).

on 9/28/2012 11:33:00 PM

Ok I hardly ever write reviews, but this is an exceptional product. Use as directed please apply to roots add conditioner to your previously dyed hair fill the remaining bottle with water, shake mix and apply. I used butterscotch boom on my brassy red hair and it neutralized the red and I was left with gorgeous salon like color! Brilliant! Do not leave on for more than 10 minutes.

on 9/5/2012 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Had to write a review on this one. I am very impressed. First of all, I love that it only takes 10 minutes as I have no patience for anything. It is a bit strong but it has to work double duty I suppose.
I got light brown (chocolate shake) I wanted a good base color for future highlights and I also wanted to cover up my gross current faded golden brown which had become a murky gross nothing shade.
I Left it on 10 minutes, while washing it out it did feel a tad dry but after applying the gorgeous conditioner (which does smell like coconuts btw) my hair was soft and manageable, so easy to comb through and blowed dry to a very shiny, healthy looking head of hair. The colour was dark but no darker than any other box dye, they always are a tad on the dark side at first because they will fade. This was no darker than I was expecting and i love the colour. In a weeks time it will be perf. I would use this again. P.|S. I would also like to add that I can't believe how heatlhy this makes my hair feel, even days after. Normally I find hair colour coats my hair and makes it feel sticky or staticky or something. This still just feels glossy and healthy.
Like others have mentioned, I am also very impressed by the dimmension it gives my hair. I always hate how flat box dye can make your hair look but this stuff is beautiful and very natural-looking.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

best grey coverage from a drugstore brand thats for sure, love the fact its only 10 min, I put on roots for first 5 , then pull through for last 5, medium ash brown perfect, not too dark like a lot of other brands I've used, will likely stay with this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use this in Medium Ash Brown once a month. I love only having to do 10 mins and then rinsing it out. The conditioner leaves my hair feeling really nice and it smells good like coconuts. My hair comes out a super glossy dark to medium brown. Its my favorite brand of hair color. My natural color is already dark brown but I love how this shade just makes my hair sparkle and it adds a richer brown tone to it.