Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.0

on 2/15/2013 7:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I used this awhile ago when i prelightened my hair, i chose a medium chocolate auburn colour. I have to say that the colours from this brand are the best colours out of all the home dye brands i have tried possibly 90% of them home colour brands over the years. Nice n easy is by far the best. Now the downside... It fades very quickly BUT my hair a few years ago WAS bleached (pre-lightened) to get the jet black hair dye out that i had sported for about 10 years. So my hair was chemically treated and most people know that when you apply colour to heavily chemically treated hair there are two possible outcomes 1./ either the colour will grab like a monkey to its mother onto the chemically treated parts because it is porous (dry) and will suck up the colour like sponge OR 2./ The colour will go into the hair shaft of the chemically treated parts and fall right back out again after a few washes due to the protective layer that should seal after colouring being damaged due to things like bleaching and perming. No2 is what happened to me, before i was knowledgable on these things. So now of recent years I havent tried Perfect 10 on my hair its not been messed about with lots of chemicals since then but i must say that Perfect 10 to me is just a watered down version of the Nice n Easy original brand, it just has a few more warmer colours to choose from. Those colours are gorgeous dont get me wrong yummy chocolatey colours they do have ...but to get "the whole packege deal" go for the original Nice and Easy.

After several days reading reviews and after many disasters with other products i decided to take a chance with this brand and i'm glad i did.My natural hair colour is dark blonde/light brown with light ends,i used to go to a salon to get highlights but it is expensive and many times ended up in tears as they very seldom get it right.So after months dying my hair at home and with brassy tired looking roots which made me look haggard i had enough and this morning i bought Clairol perfect 10 9A light ash blonde and turned out exactly as it shows on the box.Very natural looking,not too dark not too light,it has lifted the colour from the roots without turning brassy,orange or red,and blends perfectly with the lenghts,if you are looking for platinum blonde this is not the product for you,if you want natural light blonde hair this is it! when i applied the colour my hair felt dry,it was already dry from previous disasters,but after rinsing it and applying the conditioner my hair is now softer than i can remember.I'm very happy with the results and will be using this product from now on.Thank you perfect 10!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

be very careful using this. i left it on too long and it damaged my very long hair. cant even get my fingers through my hair at the roots. may end up cutting it all off.

on 3/16/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't color my hair often, but i have used a number of different products, so i am familiar with the process. I have medium-dark brown hair, so i don't expect any extreme color change. I now have a few white hairs scattered through my hair, and a lot of white at the temples. My hair is butt length, so the ends are a bit more fragile.
Perfect 10 claims to cover grey, and that was what i mostly was looking for. The foam is easy to use and doesn't drip. I started with the grey at the temples, to get max coverage, so by the time it had been on most of my hair for 10 minutes, it had been on the grey closer to 20.
Well, it was a bust. I picked what looked like a neutral brown - i don't recall which color now, either medium ash brown or light cool brown. It made most of my hair reddish. When i want reddish hair, that's great, but in this case i did NOT. It took a couple months before it washed down to the color on the box. Second, it did jack squat about covering my greys - well, ok, they had a very faded blonde look.
This stuff was one failure after another, except for the ease of application, which just doesn't cut it if the color is bad. Never again. This as an Imperfect 0.

on 2/29/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Bought this on a whim, mostly because I had never tried it before.

I primarily wanted gray coverage, though I don't even have that much gray. And I was dubious that anything could cover gray in 10 minutes. I've left other brands of hair color on for as long as 40 minutes and still didn't get the gray covered. But I thought I'd give it a try.

This was better than I thought it would be -- but I don't think I'd re-purchase. There's still a fair amount of gray in my hair. Less noticeable, maybe, because I choose a lighter color than my natural hair, but still there.

Also, I found this to be a rather runny formula. Just be aware of that if you give it a try. Found a huge drop of this on my shower curtain after I'd finished.

on 12/9/2011 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm impressed, and I'm never impressed completely with at home color! The product isn't overpoweringly smelly, covered all my grey evenly, and actually turned the color foretold on the box exactly! perhaps the most amazing part was how afterwards my hair was actually NOT damaged further! After years of trying to find a home hair color that did it all, I finally have found one I will continue to use! Yay!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the best OTC hair color I've used. Even my hairdresser-- who isn't happy that I color my own, but understands I'm both too cheap and too lazy to have it done professionally-- mentioned that my color looked much better after using this product.

The applicator, with a brush top, is great. I've been able to distribute the color more evenly. With the conventional applicators, I always miss spots, but with the Perfect 10 one I actually get color everywhere.

The 10-minute processing time is great, and this covers my fairly resistant grays. I've had issues with Garnier and L'Oreal colors not working on my grays (which is the reason I color!), so I'm totally happy on that front.

And, I also like the color. Shade #2, Darkest Brown, is just that. Not black, but the closest thing to black that is still brown, and without any red. It's definitely not black-- I have had black hair enough in my life to know!-- but as someone who constantly thinks my hair color is too light, I really like this color.

Full gray coverage, even application, and quick processing time: that all means I'm willing to spend a few dollars more. It's still cheaper than the salon. continued >>

on 10/6/2011 11:22:00 AM

I used the Perfect 10 in Lightest Cool Brown for my review. For reference, my hair was previously a darkish strawberry blonde color that had too much orange for my liking. It wasn't super noticable, but there was a definite orange tint, which is why I wanted a cool color to counteract it. My hair is also rather dry and porous, and is rather wavy.

Anyway, as for the application, I rather liked the comb attachment, although I didn't use it for the whole head. I felt that the comb helped me to get my roots better than I normally can on my own. After color was on my roots, though, it didn't really help much as I tried to pull the comb through the rest of my hair. It just wound up getting tangled, so I took it off and used the other attachment and my hands to work it through the rest of my hair. This dye was a little messy, but not really any messier than most other brands of dye that I've tried. It's just more of a liquid than a cream, so keep that in mind and protect the counter and your skin.

I left the dye on for 6 minutes instead of 10 because I didn't want my hair to get too dark, plus I took a little longer than I figured most people might putting the color on my hair. Once I got into the shower, it took about the average time to rinse out of my hair. I then used the conditioner (which I really liked, by the way), left it on for 3 or 4 minutes, and rinsed.

My hair color is now EXACTLY what I wanted it to be! I'm so thrilled. It's a neutral medium brown color with just a tiny bit of gold. The cool tones did an excellent job of evening out that yucky orange, and truth be told, this color looks like my natural hair color, only a bit darker. I've never found a light brown dye yet that doesn't make my hair pull somewhat warm, but this one did the trick. It's lovely and rich. I agree with another reviewer who said that Perfect 10 leaves the hair with tons of dimension. After a few washes, the subtle highlights come out. It's lovely, even better than I think my stylist could have done!

Since I've only had my hair dyed for about a week, I don't know about fading yet. If it does occur, I may have to modify my review. But so far, I am THRILLED! This stuff is worth the extra cost in my book!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This dye was pretty decent. I used Medium Brown and I really loved the color outcome. I left the color in for around 11 mins and my hair wasn't at all dried out. My only real complaint is, I didn't get 100% gray coverage. Some of my grays turned to a light, golden brown (like the color of beer) rather than medium brown.

on 5/17/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been coloring my hair for years, going back and forth between Clairol Nice & Easy and L'Oreal Excellence Creme. I can honestly say, this is the most drying color I have EVER used. I think the thing I would be careful about, is you don't really realize the damage that has been done until a few weeks later - about the same time you realize how quickly the color is fading. The color looks good at first, but fades quickly - and with the damage this color causes, who can afford to be recoloring every three weeks? If you do try this color, just pay attention a few weeks later - if you notice your hair is dryer and the ends are suddenly damaged - yes, this hair color did it.

Popular Hair Color Products