Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Price: $

on 4/29/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I had a $5 coupon for this product, so I decided to give it a try. I usually use Clairol Nice & Easy to cover my gray roots, but this sounded like a good deal since I had the coupon and it only takes 10 minutes to color. First of all, you get a lot of dye. Way too much for my short hair. The applicator tip works great, but that comb is a little awkward to use in my opinion. Also, the smell of the product is unbearable. It made my eyes water and my nose burned. I literally had to open a window and stand in front of it for most of the processing time. I actually started rinsing at 8 minutes bcause I couldn't stand it any longer. I used the Dark Brown and it did turn my hair a beautiful color and colored all the gray roots. The bad part about it though is that it dried my hair out like straw!! I applied the conditioner and a leave-in conditioner to try to fix it, but they didnt' work. Today my hair is stiff, dry, and brittle. Not soft and glossy as the box promised. I've got an appt with my hairdresser tonight (just applied the color last night) to see if she can do something. I think any product that processes in just 10 min (8 for me!) is just way too strong. The smell should have been my first clue!

Popular Hair Color Products