Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.4

on 12/3/2016 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my favorite permanent hair color for at least the past year and over the 30 years I've been coloring I've tried lots of different brands. Now I color to cover grays and give my hair a nice shine. I love that this processes in 10 minutes instead of the usual 25 or so. Keep in mind when choosing a color that it's going to be darker than you're anticipating so it might be a good idea to choose one shade lighter than what you want the first time you color. My natural hair is a very dark brown and I color using medium brown. After the first week or so the color does fade a bit and after three weeks or so you can see that my natural color is a bit darker but by then it's time to color again. My hair is long, past my shoulders, but since I only do my roots there's plenty of color in the bottle. My hair always looks and feels fantastic after I color.

on 10/3/2013 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had picked up Perfect 10 in shade Lightest cool brown 6.5, I've been trying to get somewhere to my natural hair color for quiet sometime now, till tonight I finally got it and I'm very happy! My hair before I dyed it was ombre, which was a mistake, I didn't dye my hair ombre on purpose. So after that disaster it was redish brown and the ends were a light golden brown (what the heck, right?lol) So I stuck with it for two weeks, conditioned the poop out of my hair and pamperd it. Now my hair is pretty close to my natural hair color that I love.

The packaging, I didn't really like, it was sorta' hard to open and theres too much plastic packaging. Its nice that they give you an option of using the comb or the tip applicator, the forumla was runny so you had to work fast or you'd get it all over yourself. The smell was very strong, I couldn't really breath but its chemicals, what can you expect, right folks?! lol.

During the process my scalp was burning and itching. The conditioner that they provided you was decent. Nothing too special. All in all, I would buy this again, and I'm planning on buying another box very soon to hang onto. The prices vary depending which store you buy it from. I know at Walmart, here in Canada, its about ten bucks, which isn't too bad. But, I had picked this box dye up at a random drugstore and paid fourteen bucks. I don't mind paying alot for a box dye if it promises results, and it did.

I think for now on, I'm going to stick to Perfect 10. I'm glad I tryed it out, I was very against it before, I'll be honest! I had heard it would wreck the hell out of your hair and do nothing. My Mother whos fifty yrs old told me that she loves perfect 10 and swears by it and it workes on her stubborn grey hairs.

Another color thats VERY close to this is Nice n easy 114 Natural light ash brown. Compaire both swatches on Google and check it out. So thank you Clairol for the promising results. I will tell my family/friends about this dye if there interested in coloring their hair! :)

on 9/5/2012 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Had to write a review on this one. I am very impressed. First of all, I love that it only takes 10 minutes as I have no patience for anything. It is a bit strong but it has to work double duty I suppose.
I got light brown (chocolate shake) I wanted a good base color for future highlights and I also wanted to cover up my gross current faded golden brown which had become a murky gross nothing shade.
I Left it on 10 minutes, while washing it out it did feel a tad dry but after applying the gorgeous conditioner (which does smell like coconuts btw) my hair was soft and manageable, so easy to comb through and blowed dry to a very shiny, healthy looking head of hair. The colour was dark but no darker than any other box dye, they always are a tad on the dark side at first because they will fade. This was no darker than I was expecting and i love the colour. In a weeks time it will be perf. I would use this again. P.|S. I would also like to add that I can't believe how heatlhy this makes my hair feel, even days after. Normally I find hair colour coats my hair and makes it feel sticky or staticky or something. This still just feels glossy and healthy.
Like others have mentioned, I am also very impressed by the dimmension it gives my hair. I always hate how flat box dye can make your hair look but this stuff is beautiful and very natural-looking.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

best grey coverage from a drugstore brand thats for sure, love the fact its only 10 min, I put on roots for first 5 , then pull through for last 5, medium ash brown perfect, not too dark like a lot of other brands I've used, will likely stay with this one.

on 3/16/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't color my hair often, but i have used a number of different products, so i am familiar with the process. I have medium-dark brown hair, so i don't expect any extreme color change. I now have a few white hairs scattered through my hair, and a lot of white at the temples. My hair is butt length, so the ends are a bit more fragile.
Perfect 10 claims to cover grey, and that was what i mostly was looking for. The foam is easy to use and doesn't drip. I started with the grey at the temples, to get max coverage, so by the time it had been on most of my hair for 10 minutes, it had been on the grey closer to 20.
Well, it was a bust. I picked what looked like a neutral brown - i don't recall which color now, either medium ash brown or light cool brown. It made most of my hair reddish. When i want reddish hair, that's great, but in this case i did NOT. It took a couple months before it washed down to the color on the box. Second, it did jack squat about covering my greys - well, ok, they had a very faded blonde look.
This stuff was one failure after another, except for the ease of application, which just doesn't cut it if the color is bad. Never again. This as an Imperfect 0.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this with my discount for 12$ (I work at a drug store).... My hair was very very light and I wanted to go back to my natural dark/medium brown.... I got this in "dark brown 04" thinking it was a beautiful colour, and it was.... On the box. I left it on for maybe 6-8 minutes and now my hair is black! I do like the comb applicator and my hair is beautifully soft but WOW! I am happy I look okay with black hair haha. If you want darker brown with this dye, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy it in like four shades lighter than you want!!! I'm hoping it will fade so I can try again haha.

on 12/9/2011 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm impressed, and I'm never impressed completely with at home color! The product isn't overpoweringly smelly, covered all my grey evenly, and actually turned the color foretold on the box exactly! perhaps the most amazing part was how afterwards my hair was actually NOT damaged further! After years of trying to find a home hair color that did it all, I finally have found one I will continue to use! Yay!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the best OTC hair color I've used. Even my hairdresser-- who isn't happy that I color my own, but understands I'm both too cheap and too lazy to have it done professionally-- mentioned that my color looked much better after using this product.

The applicator, with a brush top, is great. I've been able to distribute the color more evenly. With the conventional applicators, I always miss spots, but with the Perfect 10 one I actually get color everywhere.

The 10-minute processing time is great, and this covers my fairly resistant grays. I've had issues with Garnier and L'Oreal colors not working on my grays (which is the reason I color!), so I'm totally happy on that front.

And, I also like the color. Shade #2, Darkest Brown, is just that. Not black, but the closest thing to black that is still brown, and without any red. It's definitely not black-- I have had black hair enough in my life to know!-- but as someone who constantly thinks my hair color is too light, I really like this color.

Full gray coverage, even application, and quick processing time: that all means I'm willing to spend a few dollars more. It's still cheaper than the salon. continued >>

on 10/6/2011 11:22:00 AM

I used the Perfect 10 in Lightest Cool Brown for my review. For reference, my hair was previously a darkish strawberry blonde color that had too much orange for my liking. It wasn't super noticable, but there was a definite orange tint, which is why I wanted a cool color to counteract it. My hair is also rather dry and porous, and is rather wavy.

Anyway, as for the application, I rather liked the comb attachment, although I didn't use it for the whole head. I felt that the comb helped me to get my roots better than I normally can on my own. After color was on my roots, though, it didn't really help much as I tried to pull the comb through the rest of my hair. It just wound up getting tangled, so I took it off and used the other attachment and my hands to work it through the rest of my hair. This dye was a little messy, but not really any messier than most other brands of dye that I've tried. It's just more of a liquid than a cream, so keep that in mind and protect the counter and your skin.

I left the dye on for 6 minutes instead of 10 because I didn't want my hair to get too dark, plus I took a little longer than I figured most people might putting the color on my hair. Once I got into the shower, it took about the average time to rinse out of my hair. I then used the conditioner (which I really liked, by the way), left it on for 3 or 4 minutes, and rinsed.

My hair color is now EXACTLY what I wanted it to be! I'm so thrilled. It's a neutral medium brown color with just a tiny bit of gold. The cool tones did an excellent job of evening out that yucky orange, and truth be told, this color looks like my natural hair color, only a bit darker. I've never found a light brown dye yet that doesn't make my hair pull somewhat warm, but this one did the trick. It's lovely and rich. I agree with another reviewer who said that Perfect 10 leaves the hair with tons of dimension. After a few washes, the subtle highlights come out. It's lovely, even better than I think my stylist could have done!

Since I've only had my hair dyed for about a week, I don't know about fading yet. If it does occur, I may have to modify my review. But so far, I am THRILLED! This stuff is worth the extra cost in my book!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am suprised by the bad reviews for this hair color. I have been using this every (3-4) months for the past (2) years to color my dark brown hair jet black. Its easy, quick, and it lasts longer than (6) weeks for me. I also like the conditioner that it comes with as well.