Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.4

on 8/26/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I accidentally grabbed this in a medium brown shade when I meant to grab the dark brown, so I was leary about trying it since the last dye I used only seemed to dye the crown and random strands of hair. I decided to try it since a lot of reviews claimed that it ran darker than it was supposed to and it actually did, it seems to be a dark brown. It still only really dyed the crown and random strands of hair. I think my native american heritage keeps my hair from lightening properly, but it doesn't look all that bad actually. Anyhow, the comb attachment is very messy so I took it off and used the nossle. It has a VERY strong smell that lasted even after all of it was rinsed and the conditioner was applied. I think I can still smell it even after a few days and shampoo. The color is good but it's just so messy and I don't like the strong smell so this is a never again purchase

UPDATE: The color fades very quickly

on 1/7/2013 10:16:00 AM

Love this! Makes my hair glossy, no damage. Works in just 10 minutes. You can really smell the ammonia at first but then when you blend it with the peroxide, it smells really nice. They give you a TON so if you have longer hair, this would be good for you. Mine is almost to my shoulders and I had way too much leftover. I probably should have only used half the kit. Next time I'll know. The only bummer is a lot of stores in my area have this on clearance. I did a live chat with Clairol and they're not discontinuing it but fewer stores are going to carry it. I wonder what the stores are going to replace this with? I'm scooping it up wherever I find it.

Right now it is winter and I like being an ash brown in the winter, for some strange reason. I'm using 5A which is a medium ash brown. It doesn't pull too dark...pretty true to the shade on the box. It's also a green ash if you were wondering. I'll go red in the summer like I always do so I should pick up a couple boxes of red too.

on 10/17/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dyed my hair at home before as well as at the salon but hadn't in a few years and had my natural medium/dark brown hair back. I just used this in "Darkest Brown" and am pleased with the results. Lots of reviews said it turned their hair black. It's definitely very dark but not black - the darkest brown before black. I left it on for less than 10 minutes though so maybe that's why. I started putting it on at 8:53 and was washing it out around 8:59 and it's fully saturated color. If you are afraid of it being black, I would recommend leaving it on for a little less! It did not produce the annoying reddish highlights that a lot of dark brown box kits do, however I don't the verdict is still out on fading...

overall great result!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have used NUmerous OTC hair dyes, & not one of them worked as well as Perfect 10 to cover my grays, nor did they come close to matching my own hair color like this dye has. I start by doing the roots, then add dye to remaining hair. 10 minutes later I have all over perfect color, with no reddish brown tint. I'm a level 4 dark brown with a slight red tone to my hair, & this dye covers that completely.

I had no adverse reaction to this dye, but for those who are trying it the 1st time, do a patch test like you're told to do! Dont come back & blame the product for scalp irritation, when you didn't do a patch test!

I apply the barrier cream by Sally Beauty around my hairline, neckline & ears. That stuff is amazing as it actually dries on your skin, blocking all dye from staining your skin.

I see many reviews from women who say this & other hair dyes leave their hair coarse & dry. Why? Because dying opens the cuticle of the hair! The cuticle needs sealed after dying. I use Joico cuticle sealer after I rinse the dye from my hair. I do not shampoo first before using the sealer, & niether did my stylist when she used it. Leave the sealer on 5 mins, rinse well, then apply your conditioner. Do not skip your conditioner after a cuticle sealer! Not only will your hair feel like silk, your color is now sealed in & will last a very long time if you use sulfate free shampoo & conditioner.

I was paying $60 for salon dying, & I have short hair. I get just as good if not better results now with Perfect 10. So the price of this hair dye to me, is well worth it. And buy that Joico cuticle sealer, if you are an at home hair dyer!

on 4/21/2012 1:05:00 PM

I've used this several times and I really like this hair color. My natural color is medium brown with subtle red undertones. I always try to stay away from colors that have any red undertones in it because it always turns out to be way too brassy for me and I really don't like that. I had previously used a different brand of hair color to cover some older highlights. The color I used was supposed to be medium brown but my hair turned out red. I hated it. So I waited for about a month and then recolored again with Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10 in #5 Medium brown. This really does do the job in 10 minutes (which I love!!) it's very low odor, it's easy to apply and I love the color. My only complaint is that this does fade a bit over time but in my opinion ALL do it yourself hair colors fade over time so I can live with that. At first this color is a little dark but over time it gently fades and the end result is a color that matches my natural color perfectly. Which is exactly what I wanted so I'm very happy with it. I would definitely use this again. Love it.

on 2/29/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Bought this on a whim, mostly because I had never tried it before.

I primarily wanted gray coverage, though I don't even have that much gray. And I was dubious that anything could cover gray in 10 minutes. I've left other brands of hair color on for as long as 40 minutes and still didn't get the gray covered. But I thought I'd give it a try.

This was better than I thought it would be -- but I don't think I'd re-purchase. There's still a fair amount of gray in my hair. Less noticeable, maybe, because I choose a lighter color than my natural hair, but still there.

Also, I found this to be a rather runny formula. Just be aware of that if you give it a try. Found a huge drop of this on my shower curtain after I'd finished.

on 2/6/2012 6:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this hair dye scared out of my mind because I don't usually dye my hair. I am an original blonde wanting to dye my hair a dark brown. Honestly, HONESTLY, this is the BEST hair dye! I love it so much. I purchased the "Medium Brown" because I had heard this product leaves your hair reaaally dark even if you get a lighter colour. I first purchased the "Dark Brown" but I read the reviews and decided to go for a "Medium Brown", and I'm glad I did because it's dark. But it's the PERFECT color! I love it!(: I left it in for a little over 10 minutes, by accident, just around 12 minutes. It gets a little messy, but I had a friend do it for me and it had even covering with the comb you connect to the top of the dye after you mix it. The conditioner ROCKS SOCKS! My hair is SUPEERRRR smooth and the perfect colour. I wouldn't wash your hair for at least a couple days or so, just to let the dye really soak it. (;
LOVELOVELOVE.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used Dark Brown and my hair turned out black. I was trying to get back to my natural Asian black hair but this shade of black was even darker than that, and had an obvious fake tone to it. It is like a blue-black after the blue tint fades. It just looks too harsh with my skintone so I can only hope it fades with time and doesn't come back to haunt me if I try to lighten my hair in the future.

Drippy liquidy formula. I didn't have this problem before with other box dyes, but I couldn't twist my shoulder length hair into a bun because it was too wet from the dye. As a result, I had drips behind my neck and on my collarbones. They mostly faded in the shower but it is noticeable.

I liked the brush applicator at first to comb through the roots near my forehead but it couldn't brush through the bulk of my hair so I just squeezed the dye into my glove and scrunched and finger-combed through my hair.

This took too long to wash out of my hair. I had to resort to using shampoo 4 times before the water finally began running clear.

Overall, I wasn't happy with the Dark Brown color because it turned out to be Midnight Black when used on my medium brown hair. Drippy and messy formula and long rinse time makes it unsuccessful for me. There are better and cheaper box dyes from Garnier or Revlon.

on 10/2/2011 6:35:00 PM

Meh. It's very runny, stung and smelled really harsh. My mother helped me. I've colored my own hair before, but this is so messy, I could never with this. I bought it in medium auburn (auburn flash) and thought I'd get a nice Emma Stone dark red like the box. I have naturally medium to almost dark brown hair (Like Natalie Portman's color, I guess) and this just made my hair brown still, but with alarmingly red highlights. I feel it deposited more at the roots. Took awhile to wash out too. I love the conditioner and my hair.is softer and shinier than before. I haven't washed it yet with shampoo, so maybe it will look more natural. I have a feeling this is gonna fade fast though. It wasn't enough of a change to my natural haircolor. I feel like I kinda wasted my time and money.

on 9/25/2011 10:16:00 AM

I use the light ash blonde, and it's beautiful. Sometimes, especially in the winter, I like to go a bit dirtier blonde and I buy medium blonde shade and that works very well too. This hair dye has the most dimension I've ever seen, people compliment my hair and ask me where I've had it done or how I get it so shiny. I've been using this exclusively for over to two years now and I don't bother trying other brands that may not give me the color or dimension I want. I die it every month, i don't wait 6 or more weeks as i hate the look of my roots, so if I feel like the length of my hair doesn't need much more color, i leave it on my roots for 6 mins and then run it through the rest for the remaining 3-4 mins. This allows me to slightly refresh the color with minimal damage. I don't know how to darker shades work, but the blondes are fabulous.