Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.7

on 9/15/2014 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is the BEST hair color I've ever used. I haven't written a review here in a long time, but I feel compelled to after using this fantastic project. I'm a L'Oreal gal through and through, and have been using Preference for years, but my hair never felt this soft or looked this shiny after using Preference. Never. I used medium golden brown, and it's perfect...truly golden, not red. I keep running my fingers through my hair because it's so soft. My hair hasn't been in such good condition in years. I don't have any grays, so I can't speak about coverage there. It smells great. No noxious fumes. I can't believe these aren't flying off the shelves. I guess I'm a Clairol gal now.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Just colored with the perfect 10 shade 5A-medium ash brown for the first time and am very happy with the results. It is the only at home color that covered my grays thoroughly-others have covered the gray but the color was much lighter on the gray than the rest. This one colored the gray making the grays the same color as the rest of my hair. (although I did have to reapply at the root above my forehead) . Used to use Feria, but they don't have a color similar to this one. The conditioner appears to make my hair nice and shiny, but will probably use my usual conditioners after my next wash.
True to color-no red highlights as with most brown shades even the ash ones.
Will report back after a couple of weeks as to how long this lasts.

on 6/23/2012 12:12:00 PM

Switched to Light Auburn 6R to save money. I see this award-winning colourist who gives me a *deal* at 100$ a pop on basic, single process colour on very short hair (and that's only because I have been a client for YEARS and followed her around when she moved salons, etc).

Let me tell you: this is the ONLY drugstore colour that has EVER come close to (or might even be a little better than! gasp!) the custom colour I have mixed for me at the salon. I did end up with slightly hot roots, but it was my fault. I left it on for like 30 minutes.

The light Auburn turns out a bit darker than the box, but not significantly so. The colour is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous (a perfect designer warm, medium red...none of that ugly blue red drugstore colours of this depth almost always end up being....bleh!) and hair is so soft after using the conditioner.

Even if it does end up fading (salon reds do, too, ladies....you have to use depositing products or just learn to accept it), at this price, I can afford to colour every two weeks! Love! Will repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this haircolor! I just did my hair with it, using shade #5A Medium Ash Brown, and it did take almost no time at all for it to color. I have naturally dark brown hair with about 10%-15% gray in it. I was quite skeptical at first, since it says it works in only 10 minutes and completely covers gray. I actually left it in 12 minutes since my gray is on the resistant side. There was no strong odor and it was very easy to apply (I alternated between using the applicator tip and the comb). It wasn't damaging to my hair at all, and the grays are completely gone! The conditioner is very nice and it does makes your hair feel very soft and silky. Well it is slightly darker than I thought it would be (more like a darkest brown color), but I know that it will fade bit by bit over time, and I do love the results. I'll have to write another review as far as how long it will last in my hair, but so far so good, I love this haircolor. The only downside is that it's not on the cheap side, but luckily when I bought it, it was on sale and plus had a coupon to knock the price down a bit more. I do believe that this will be my main haircolor-it's quick, it's easy to apply, and as I have already said, the results are fantastic!

Update: It's been about 3 weeks now since I've colored my hair with this, and I'm still quite impressed! Usually, with me, after about 2 weeks, the grays start to show through (not on a large scale, but at the roots, still not noticeable to anyone else but me), but with this, the grays are very minimal in showing! My hair has faded to the medium brown shade that I desire with very little brassiness (you've got to expect a bit of brassiness with brown haircolor, even if it's an ash tone-that's how you distinguish between brown and black haircolors). But my hair still looks great. So yes, I can say that this is quite lasting since it's been almost a month and the gray is just now beginning to show. Will definitely buy this again!

on 3/26/2012 10:13:00 PM

LOVED this product--covered my grey in 9 minutes--left my hair natural, blonde, soft and shiny--purchased color in #8--a medium blonde--will definitely repurchase this excellent hair color!!

on 12/12/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Dyed my hair for the first time in about 5 years. Great color and coverage initially then it began to fade. Really dried out my hair and gave me split ends that I couldn't get rid of no matter how many times I trim it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like the modern packaging and the shade selection for brunettes is nice. My fav is medium ash brown which is like a dark brown at first but fades into a nice rich brown shade. I honestly do not mind it being dark at first. The conditioner smells like coconuts and leaves my hair soft and healthy. I like using half of the tube to make up for any dryness the dye may have caused. 10minutes is such a dream too compared to sitting around for 30minutes. Perfect 10 is the best dye overall for me.

on 5/14/2011 8:10:00 PM

I liked the color but the application and the color comb was a little weird to use. The consistency was very drippy and messy. I do like the way the color turned out and it did cover my grays well. I tried this because I LOVE the Clariol root touch up and I wanted the colors to match perfectly. Unfortunately, I wasn't as impressed with the Perfect 10 as I am with the root touch up.

on 4/29/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I love the one in Darkest Brown (Off Black, Brown-Black, Midnight Brown; whatever name you prefer to call it).

It goes on smoothly and every strand is saturated. Only takes 10 minutes. But if you want a much deeper color leave in for another 10 more minutes.

CON: It's very drippy and does create quite a mess. So, have a lot of old towels out and wear a very old, stained up shirt before you start coloring. Very messy.

on 4/11/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In my experience, most home hair colors are either too ashy or turn brassy after a while... but not this one! Number 8 is my go-to haircolor. It is not too blonde, nor too dark and does no fade. I even had trouble with fading/brassiness after professional hair coloring, and this stuff holds up way better (plus it saves me so much time and money) !

I don't use the comb thingy, it's much easier to apply with my hands. I don't know why this is sightly more expensive than other home kits (almost 17$ Canadian), so I knocked a lippie off.

Popular Hair Color Products