Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.5

on 12/3/2016 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my favorite permanent hair color for at least the past year and over the 30 years I've been coloring I've tried lots of different brands. Now I color to cover grays and give my hair a nice shine. I love that this processes in 10 minutes instead of the usual 25 or so. Keep in mind when choosing a color that it's going to be darker than you're anticipating so it might be a good idea to choose one shade lighter than what you want the first time you color. My natural hair is a very dark brown and I color using medium brown. After the first week or so the color does fade a bit and after three weeks or so you can see that my natural color is a bit darker but by then it's time to color again. My hair is long, past my shoulders, but since I only do my roots there's plenty of color in the bottle. My hair always looks and feels fantastic after I color.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought espresso which is the darkest brown. when i applied it i could see it wasnt brown at all, it was black. i left it on for the 10 minutes and upon drying, confirmed this hair dye was black as I had thought and not brown at all. i am ok with it being darker as my natural colour is quite dark but it is still not the colour I was going for. the smell is quite strong but I do love the fact it processes in 10 minutes. i didnt find it did a lot of damage which was good.

on 9/15/2014 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is the BEST hair color I've ever used. I haven't written a review here in a long time, but I feel compelled to after using this fantastic project. I'm a L'Oreal gal through and through, and have been using Preference for years, but my hair never felt this soft or looked this shiny after using Preference. Never. I used medium golden brown, and it's perfect...truly golden, not red. I keep running my fingers through my hair because it's so soft. My hair hasn't been in such good condition in years. I don't have any grays, so I can't speak about coverage there. It smells great. No noxious fumes. I can't believe these aren't flying off the shelves. I guess I'm a Clairol gal now.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I bought this to get the brassy tones out of my hair in shade light ash blonde. It did absolutley nothing. It was crap and I would not repurchase. Plus, the comb thing on the end of the dye bottle is just not good.

on 3/19/2013 4:07:00 PM

I normally purchase the medium ash brown to get rid of my brassy tones, I applied and leave on for ten minutes and I always get a beautiful dark brown result which looks very natural and healthy, it never damages my hair and gets rid of all the brassy red and orange tones on my mid toned brown hair, a very good product and colour that I always get back to, Shame I can't find the shade.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used 9A Light Ash Blonde. I was hoping to match my roots to the already bleached highlights I had done at the salon and can't afford to get redone. I had previously used a standard Nice 'N Easy. Perfect 10 says it reduces red tones because it's an ash shade. Ummm, no. It brought ALL my red tones out whereas a standard Nice 'N Easy shade with the same statement doesn't. And it didn't cover my few grey hairs. I've also noticed that it's hard to find even if I wanted to try it again. I'll go back to normal Nice 'N Easy. Pretty cool that it works in 10 minutes though.

on 2/15/2013 7:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I used this awhile ago when i prelightened my hair, i chose a medium chocolate auburn colour. I have to say that the colours from this brand are the best colours out of all the home dye brands i have tried possibly 90% of them home colour brands over the years. Nice n easy is by far the best. Now the downside... It fades very quickly BUT my hair a few years ago WAS bleached (pre-lightened) to get the jet black hair dye out that i had sported for about 10 years. So my hair was chemically treated and most people know that when you apply colour to heavily chemically treated hair there are two possible outcomes 1./ either the colour will grab like a monkey to its mother onto the chemically treated parts because it is porous (dry) and will suck up the colour like sponge OR 2./ The colour will go into the hair shaft of the chemically treated parts and fall right back out again after a few washes due to the protective layer that should seal after colouring being damaged due to things like bleaching and perming. No2 is what happened to me, before i was knowledgable on these things. So now of recent years I havent tried Perfect 10 on my hair its not been messed about with lots of chemicals since then but i must say that Perfect 10 to me is just a watered down version of the Nice n Easy original brand, it just has a few more warmer colours to choose from. Those colours are gorgeous dont get me wrong yummy chocolatey colours they do have ...but to get "the whole packege deal" go for the original Nice and Easy.

on 12/4/2012 12:49:00 PM

I use this product to colour my mothers hair which has grey roots. I found this was a really good product!! even her hairdresser asked what colour was used and she regularly gets compliments on it! The directions are clear and the product is easy to use. The bottle comes with a comb making it easier to apply evenly on the hair. there is a wide variety of shades and there is plenty of product in the bottle. comes with conditioner which leaves hair super shiny.

on 10/28/2012 2:06:00 PM

I purchased and used this product specifically to try for LOWLIGHTS in my hair, not all over colour. I thought I would share my experience in case anyone was thinking of trying the same thing. I used 6WN - light chocolate brown. My natural colour is light brown mousey on the warm side, with some silvery grey. I don't do all over colour - in the salon I get highlights/lowlights. I got this kit to tide me over because my girl was all booked up and I *needed* a colour boost for an upcoming trip. I picked this particular kit because of the comb applicator. My plan was to just 'streak" some colour through my hair with the comb, and just let it sit like that (rather than following the instructions and mixing it all through my hair).

Generally speaking, the process was easy, and my hair turned out well conditioned. I DID achieve a lowlight look. Although I just "streaked" the colour on, I still seem to have ended up with a lot of my hair coloured. Some of my old highlights and my grey streaks still show through, which is what I wanted. (My highlights are about two and a half months old).

In some areas (virgin hair/roots in particular) I got a definite red coming through. I don't mind that because I know my hair has that "lean" to it. I also know that in my case, this red effect tones down very quickly. It's not an issue for me but I mention because it may be undesirable for others.

I gave this kit four stars because it did what I wanted. I knew I wasn't going to get quite the same effect as salon foils so I didn't have super high expectations to begin with It is also just a "tide-me-over" for a month until I go for my usual highlight/lowlight at the salon. So, all that considered, I'm happy with the result.

For what it's worth, once I had the colour on I got completely terrified that it was going to look horrible (I was not using it according to directions after all, so no one to blame but myself if it bombed).... so yes I definitely had my moment of panic. However it did come out acceptably well for me - no tears, no emergency calls to the salon! (I don't normally write such long reviews but I wanted to describe my experience for anyone who was thinking of trying the same thing).

Oh, and I indicated that I would not purchase again, but that is only because I normally don't dare colour my hair at home, and I don't plan on doing this all the time. (I posted some photos of during the process and the after result on my profile page, for anyone who wants to see the outcome).

on 10/17/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dyed my hair at home before as well as at the salon but hadn't in a few years and had my natural medium/dark brown hair back. I just used this in "Darkest Brown" and am pleased with the results. Lots of reviews said it turned their hair black. It's definitely very dark but not black - the darkest brown before black. I left it on for less than 10 minutes though so maybe that's why. I started putting it on at 8:53 and was washing it out around 8:59 and it's fully saturated color. If you are afraid of it being black, I would recommend leaving it on for a little less! It did not produce the annoying reddish highlights that a lot of dark brown box kits do, however I don't the verdict is still out on fading...

overall great result!