Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used 9A Light Ash Blonde. I was hoping to match my roots to the already bleached highlights I had done at the salon and can't afford to get redone. I had previously used a standard Nice 'N Easy. Perfect 10 says it reduces red tones because it's an ash shade. Ummm, no. It brought ALL my red tones out whereas a standard Nice 'N Easy shade with the same statement doesn't. And it didn't cover my few grey hairs. I've also noticed that it's hard to find even if I wanted to try it again. I'll go back to normal Nice 'N Easy. Pretty cool that it works in 10 minutes though.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use this in Medium Ash Brown once a month. I love only having to do 10 mins and then rinsing it out. The conditioner leaves my hair feeling really nice and it smells good like coconuts. My hair comes out a super glossy dark to medium brown. Its my favorite brand of hair color. My natural color is already dark brown but I love how this shade just makes my hair sparkle and it adds a richer brown tone to it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I hated this dye. I got medium ash brown and it came out the harshest inky looking unnatural shade of dark brown.Everytime I washed my hair there was dye still coming out for the next week after using it. I think it just coats ur hair like a stain instead of really coloring it. I ended up putting a bunch of blonde highlights to get rid of the ugly harsh color this gave me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I always color my hair at home because that is what I can afford. I've tried a lot of drugstore dyes, maybe even all of them. Here is a quick overall pro list of this product:
*It does what it claims and the color is same as what the box says
*Colors roots same shade as hair; non brassy
*Is not messy; the least messiest dye I have ever used
*Ease of application
*Helpful instructions
*Time saving
*Great results and overall value.

Here is my in-depth review: I bought this after reading a great review on a beauty blog. The color I chose is Medium Ash Brown. I am naturally ash blonde but choose to dye my hair dark. One problem I've had with drugstore dyes is that the brown shades can run brassy and sometimes leave my blonde roots red and the rest very dark. When you open the package, there are several things: the bottle of dye, the tube of the actual color, a separate plastic brush head applicator, a generous big tube of conditioner, and of course, the instructions and a pair of gloves. I'll break everything down: the gloves fit great and weren't that awful cheap saran wrap texture, but smooth and sort of thick so it allowed more grip. First you empty the color dye into the bottle that looks like the regular one you use: with the cap you cover with one hand while you shake. What's great about this is that you don't need to break the cap open until you've shaken it up because you will use the brush applicator to apply instead! The instructions were very clear to shake for at least 20 seconds which I found helpful. Then I removed the top of the bottle cap and there literally WAS NO MESS. Messiness is one of the worst cons of coloring your hair at home, especially with dark dyes which is what I use. I then applied the brush applicator which is bigger than I expected, and not flimsy at all. It screws on very tight and doesn't feel like it wobbles or will come off. I then started at my roots. My hair is very fine and straight; but I recommend brushing your hair first to get rid of tangles. The brush end of this is very strong and will do a good job though. I squeezed to apply the color to my roots. Another thing I noticed about this compared to other drugstore dyes is that the brunette shades appear clear when I first apply on my roots; this was already the brown shade I wanted and it made me feel relieved I didn't have to wait to watch my roots turn color. I love the fact that you have to squeeze the dye out and it doesn't just run out or have a runny texture, this holds really well and yet again is another factor to why it isn't messy like other dyes. I applied all my roots first and the brush allowed my to really get in between sections that I can get when using other drugstore dye bottles. After my whole head was applied, I let it sit for a little over 10 minutes just to be sure it got dark enough but I'm sure you could go for only 10 especially if you already have dark hair. The smell isn't chemically at all; it smells like grape candy to me. In my opinion, the conditioner smells way better; like coconuts. I have to state again; I got no drips, no mess, and whatever I got on my skin was easy to remove because of the dyes thick texture. I let the conditioner sit on my hair for a long time and applied all over. It left my hair very shiny and detangled so I could run my fingers all the way down without tangles. The big gold star for me was that it actually turned my roots dark instead of red and my whole head was an even, consistent medium ash brown; exactly like what the box said. Now the price is 9.99, a little more than what other drugstore dyes are. For me it is worth every penny; for the results, the no mess factor, the time saving with only needing 10 minutes, the precise instructions, and the overall value. YES it is a perfect 10. I recommend to anyone who wants to color their hair at home or for a lower price than salon and with great results.

I coloured my hair with 5A Medium Brown (medium ash brown) 2 days ago. Wow, so happy with the results - it's better than a salon colour and I have been to 3 different salons in the past few months to try and remove the red, brassy tones from my hair since a hairdresser did a bleach bath and made it go orange!

The last hairdresser had to add a green tone to the dye to counteract the red; it was nice at first, but as it faded I could see a green tinge to it! So far with Perfect 10 I can't see the red at all in natural light - there is a slight bit when I am directly under and artificial light, but it is not the orange colour it was before.

NOTE: the dye will be DARKER than the colour stated on the box - i.e. dark brown will turn out black and medium brown will be dark brown. I am so glad I did medium, as I nearly went for the dark brown and would have ended up black!

I really hope this colour lasts - I'll let you know. My salon ones have only been lasting approx 2 weeks and then my hair has been fading back to the brassy colour; I've been told that that could be due to how porous (sp?) my hair is.

Well worth the money: I got three dyes for the price of two - worked out approx 5 for each - as opposed to 35 in a salon.

I

on 4/11/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In my experience, most home hair colors are either too ashy or turn brassy after a while... but not this one! Number 8 is my go-to haircolor. It is not too blonde, nor too dark and does no fade. I even had trouble with fading/brassiness after professional hair coloring, and this stuff holds up way better (plus it saves me so much time and money) !

I don't use the comb thingy, it's much easier to apply with my hands. I don't know why this is sightly more expensive than other home kits (almost 17$ Canadian), so I knocked a lippie off.

on 3/25/2011 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used Perfect 10 more then once for maybe 2 different shades. I really like the dark brown I used this more then 5 times. The color was amazing. I hate the smell it is one of the strongest I have ever used. It was really messy! All over the place and I am not messy. I had no use for the comb applicator because my hair is so thick and curly. I find it takes forever to wash out the color that first time until the water runs clear.

on 6/19/2010 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always go for the cheap box dyes. Although I loved the colour I think it faded a little more than I would have liked

on 6/11/2010 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Used Medium Golden Brown. Great color for me - runs a bit dark. The conditioner works well and doesn't make my scalp itch (bonus). Smells good. Did a decent job of covering my greys. Enough dye to saturate my mid-back length hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used the "medium ash brown" colour on my hair yesterday (5A). It was alright, but compared to other drugstore hair dyes I've used in the past, this was nothing special. I usually buy the Dark Brown hair colour from other brands, but when I read reviews for the Perfect 10, people said that the dark brown looked almost black!! However, the Medium Ash Brown turned out to a nice rich looking dark brown colour (which is what I wanted). We'll see how quickly it fades, but for now the colour is perfect. The smell was not bad, it was strong, but not any stronger than other brands. My hair did feel dry when I washed out the colour, but the conditioner that came in the kit was very rich and restored back my hair--now it is feeling soft and smooth. I bought two boxes since I have long hair (half-way down my back) but I only needed one box (which was JUST enough colour for me). I would not buy this hair colour again though because it uses "hydroden peroxide" in it.