Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.0

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought espresso which is the darkest brown. when i applied it i could see it wasnt brown at all, it was black. i left it on for the 10 minutes and upon drying, confirmed this hair dye was black as I had thought and not brown at all. i am ok with it being darker as my natural colour is quite dark but it is still not the colour I was going for. the smell is quite strong but I do love the fact it processes in 10 minutes. i didnt find it did a lot of damage which was good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I bought this to get the brassy tones out of my hair in shade light ash blonde. It did absolutley nothing. It was crap and I would not repurchase. Plus, the comb thing on the end of the dye bottle is just not good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used Dark Brown and my hair turned out black. I was trying to get back to my natural Asian black hair but this shade of black was even darker than that, and had an obvious fake tone to it. It is like a blue-black after the blue tint fades. It just looks too harsh with my skintone so I can only hope it fades with time and doesn't come back to haunt me if I try to lighten my hair in the future.

Drippy liquidy formula. I didn't have this problem before with other box dyes, but I couldn't twist my shoulder length hair into a bun because it was too wet from the dye. As a result, I had drips behind my neck and on my collarbones. They mostly faded in the shower but it is noticeable.

I liked the brush applicator at first to comb through the roots near my forehead but it couldn't brush through the bulk of my hair so I just squeezed the dye into my glove and scrunched and finger-combed through my hair.

This took too long to wash out of my hair. I had to resort to using shampoo 4 times before the water finally began running clear.

Overall, I wasn't happy with the Dark Brown color because it turned out to be Midnight Black when used on my medium brown hair. Drippy and messy formula and long rinse time makes it unsuccessful for me. There are better and cheaper box dyes from Garnier or Revlon.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have tried a lot of the DIY colors, but this is my fave. Wish they would bring back Medium Golden Blonde, but I have used its equivalent since then and gotten similar results. I have light brown hair and this just brings out blonde highlights (and covers the evil grays). Doesn't smell bad, works fast and looks great. I've never had any bad reactions to this one (Nice N Easy burns for me), but you have to test it on your own skin to find out.

on 9/25/2011 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nah...I was hoping to achieve the color listed on the side of the packaging, but this really did nothing at all for my hair. The roots lifted a bit lighter, but the next day, I noticed they looked brassy and reddish. Not sure why this happens, but I guess that's what you get from trying to achieve multi-toned, beautiful color from a box. You get what you pay for :(

on 5/17/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been coloring my hair for years, going back and forth between Clairol Nice & Easy and L'Oreal Excellence Creme. I can honestly say, this is the most drying color I have EVER used. I think the thing I would be careful about, is you don't really realize the damage that has been done until a few weeks later - about the same time you realize how quickly the color is fading. The color looks good at first, but fades quickly - and with the damage this color causes, who can afford to be recoloring every three weeks? If you do try this color, just pay attention a few weeks later - if you notice your hair is dryer and the ends are suddenly damaged - yes, this hair color did it.

on 11/16/2010 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

There seems to be more colorant with this than any other at home coloring kit. I started getting grays and need to color my hair on a regular basis. I have a hard time with colors as I need a very cool, ashy tone otherwise my hair looks to red or brassy. I use the medium ash brown. It really does adhere in 10 minutes, but has nice, natural highlights rather than just flat, opaque color. My hair is soft and shiny afterward. I have so much hair I have to buy two boxes, but most people should be fine with one given the larger size color tube with this kit.

on 10/9/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this product for a little over a year and I've been incredibly happy with the results. I've used most of the blonde shades (except dark blonde) and I found they all have turned out great! However, I do find the dye much more drying than other brands, but the conditioner completely makes up for it. Another thing to take note of is that the color does fade. My hair is always darker before the first 1-3 washes and then it gets lighter, although not by too much. It seems to "lighten" (not so much fade) just enough for me to notice it, but not really anyone else.

on 9/25/2010 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the only at-home hair color that I've used for the past 3 years - once was enough to get me hooked!
I typically use the 6A Light Ash Brown color, it looks amazing on my hair. This dye always leaves my hair looking shiny and while the dye itself is a little drying, the conditioner that comes with it is extremely rich and makes my hair soft. The color always looks wonderful and I get a lot of compliments.
I don't like the comb attachment, I just squirt it with the nozzle into my hands and run it through my hair that way, and I haven't had any problems. I usually leave it on for about 15 minutes rather than the recommended 10, so the color comes out a bit darker but that's the way I like it. The smell isn't bad but it's very strong, and usually it stays in my towel for a few days.
The only bad thing about this dye is the fading. Granted, I should probably be using color-safe shampoo and conditioner, and I'm very hard on my hair, but even with weekly treatments of the included conditioner, I find the color fades quite fast. I notice a fade after as soon as 4 weeks, and after 6 it's definitely faded. It fades to a very strange orange-y color on me, which I find odd since the dye itself is an ashy brown. All that means is that I need to keep up with the dyeing a little more diligently than usual, which isn't bad - even at $9 a box, it's still cheaper than salon coloring.
I'll continue to buy this again and again, and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good at-home hair dye.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this product, and I sort of do. It left my hair a little dry (which I expected since I would think a 10 minute processing time would equal more intensity with developing), but a good deep condition the next day solved that. My main problem with it is that it didn't cover my grays at all, and the few that it did turned purple. (I am less than 5 percent gray, but as my hair is dark, they stand out.) I used Light Chocolate Brown (6WN), and it came out dark brown with purplish highlights, which was darker than expected but very pretty. However, now (two weeks later) the purple is fading to an orangey color. This would be good for someone with no grays who wants to go darker. It's too bad, because my hair was left in good condition and it only took 10 minutes.