Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.4

on 9/15/2014 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is the BEST hair color I've ever used. I haven't written a review here in a long time, but I feel compelled to after using this fantastic project. I'm a L'Oreal gal through and through, and have been using Preference for years, but my hair never felt this soft or looked this shiny after using Preference. Never. I used medium golden brown, and it's perfect...truly golden, not red. I keep running my fingers through my hair because it's so soft. My hair hasn't been in such good condition in years. I don't have any grays, so I can't speak about coverage there. It smells great. No noxious fumes. I can't believe these aren't flying off the shelves. I guess I'm a Clairol gal now.

on 2/6/2012 6:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this hair dye scared out of my mind because I don't usually dye my hair. I am an original blonde wanting to dye my hair a dark brown. Honestly, HONESTLY, this is the BEST hair dye! I love it so much. I purchased the "Medium Brown" because I had heard this product leaves your hair reaaally dark even if you get a lighter colour. I first purchased the "Dark Brown" but I read the reviews and decided to go for a "Medium Brown", and I'm glad I did because it's dark. But it's the PERFECT color! I love it!(: I left it in for a little over 10 minutes, by accident, just around 12 minutes. It gets a little messy, but I had a friend do it for me and it had even covering with the comb you connect to the top of the dye after you mix it. The conditioner ROCKS SOCKS! My hair is SUPEERRRR smooth and the perfect colour. I wouldn't wash your hair for at least a couple days or so, just to let the dye really soak it. (;
LOVELOVELOVE.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this with my discount for 12$ (I work at a drug store).... My hair was very very light and I wanted to go back to my natural dark/medium brown.... I got this in "dark brown 04" thinking it was a beautiful colour, and it was.... On the box. I left it on for maybe 6-8 minutes and now my hair is black! I do like the comb applicator and my hair is beautifully soft but WOW! I am happy I look okay with black hair haha. If you want darker brown with this dye, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy it in like four shades lighter than you want!!! I'm hoping it will fade so I can try again haha.

on 1/14/2011 10:42:00 PM

I used light chocolate brown to cover light blonde hair. I know it isnt recommended to use it this way but is worked for me but it did fade after a couple weeks. I needed 2 boxes as well I have thick shoulder length hair.

on 1/10/2011 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used medium brown #5 last night, and I am quite pleased with the results. My hair was about 10% gray, and the coverage is perfect. Overall, the color is a lovely chocolate brown...very natural looking. I'm not sure why the bad reviews for this, but I think its great.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is an ok hair color kit. I have tried the Light Blonde shade 9. It was a quick dye job. The comb attachment was fabulous and it made it super simple to put the dye on my hair. There is plenty of dye. I have long hair and usually finish the whole bottle, but this had plenty of dye to finish my hair and still have some left. The tube of dye was a pain. It is in a metal tube that you have to squeeze. I found it was very hard to get all of the dye out. The color itself went on pretty true to the box. I do think that because it is so quick it does kind of a half fast job. My color looks alright. Not to rich or shiny. Not special and I finding that it is wearing off really quickly. I usually can go 6 weeks without dying, but honestly I would say with this kit I would need to dye every 3-4 weeks.

on 8/15/2010 5:34:00 PM

More expensive than the average drugstore haircolor for nothing special. It's nice that it's faster. The applicator was odd, so I just used my fingers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I color my hair professionally now because it is so long, but before that I used to color my hair all the time by myself, and one product I have used is Perfect 10.

The comb attachment just gets in the way. I ended up just squirting it in my hands and running it through my hair that way. I honestly cant remember what the conditioner is like so it must not have been that memorable. It colored well though. 10 minutes seemed okay but always leave my color in for a couple minutes longer. The price jumped up a good five dollars in the past few months so even if I decided to color my hair myself again I'd just a different product. It did the job but I know other products that can as well.

This was my first experience with hair dye and it came out great!! It's fool proof and made my hair so soft and shiny. I dyed my hair two shades darker and it looked so natural that my own family didn't even notice!! And did I mention that it only takes ten minutes?? I wasn't trying to cover gray so I can't evaluate that for you but I recommend this to anyone looking to change their color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's a perfect 0 for me - have spent 2 years with temp colors and root tints to avoid the chemical burn in permanent dyes. 10 minutes with this color, and my whole head is fried again. I followed the instrux to a T, but there it is, chemical frizz. Don't believe the hype - proceed with caution.