Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.9

on 12/3/2016 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my favorite permanent hair color for at least the past year and over the 30 years I've been coloring I've tried lots of different brands. Now I color to cover grays and give my hair a nice shine. I love that this processes in 10 minutes instead of the usual 25 or so. Keep in mind when choosing a color that it's going to be darker than you're anticipating so it might be a good idea to choose one shade lighter than what you want the first time you color. My natural hair is a very dark brown and I color using medium brown. After the first week or so the color does fade a bit and after three weeks or so you can see that my natural color is a bit darker but by then it's time to color again. My hair is long, past my shoulders, but since I only do my roots there's plenty of color in the bottle. My hair always looks and feels fantastic after I color.

on 10/3/2013 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had picked up Perfect 10 in shade Lightest cool brown 6.5, I've been trying to get somewhere to my natural hair color for quiet sometime now, till tonight I finally got it and I'm very happy! My hair before I dyed it was ombre, which was a mistake, I didn't dye my hair ombre on purpose. So after that disaster it was redish brown and the ends were a light golden brown (what the heck, right?lol) So I stuck with it for two weeks, conditioned the poop out of my hair and pamperd it. Now my hair is pretty close to my natural hair color that I love.

The packaging, I didn't really like, it was sorta' hard to open and theres too much plastic packaging. Its nice that they give you an option of using the comb or the tip applicator, the forumla was runny so you had to work fast or you'd get it all over yourself. The smell was very strong, I couldn't really breath but its chemicals, what can you expect, right folks?! lol.

During the process my scalp was burning and itching. The conditioner that they provided you was decent. Nothing too special. All in all, I would buy this again, and I'm planning on buying another box very soon to hang onto. The prices vary depending which store you buy it from. I know at Walmart, here in Canada, its about ten bucks, which isn't too bad. But, I had picked this box dye up at a random drugstore and paid fourteen bucks. I don't mind paying alot for a box dye if it promises results, and it did.

I think for now on, I'm going to stick to Perfect 10. I'm glad I tryed it out, I was very against it before, I'll be honest! I had heard it would wreck the hell out of your hair and do nothing. My Mother whos fifty yrs old told me that she loves perfect 10 and swears by it and it workes on her stubborn grey hairs.

Another color thats VERY close to this is Nice n easy 114 Natural light ash brown. Compaire both swatches on Google and check it out. So thank you Clairol for the promising results. I will tell my family/friends about this dye if there interested in coloring their hair! :)

on 9/28/2012 11:33:00 PM

Ok I hardly ever write reviews, but this is an exceptional product. Use as directed please apply to roots add conditioner to your previously dyed hair fill the remaining bottle with water, shake mix and apply. I used butterscotch boom on my brassy red hair and it neutralized the red and I was left with gorgeous salon like color! Brilliant! Do not leave on for more than 10 minutes.

on 6/10/2012 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product since it came out. It is rather pricey. It is easy to apply and works fast. I do have dark brown hair so I apply it to the front roots for 10 minutes, then apply it allover for 10 more. It is a good blend and does not easily stain the scalp. The smell is gentler than others too. The conditioner is amazing!
It lasts 4-6 weeks for me, and I have a lot of trouble with hair colors not lasting long so this is really good. By then I have new growth anyway.
It is the best product I have tried for over the counter products.
It is more costly than the others but being I apply it less often, it comes out rather even.

on 1/27/2012 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used this in the ‘Medium Auburn’ shade, and I am quite pleased with it. It did exactly what I wanted it to do, which was add some reddish tones to my medium-brown hair. I picked this up on clearance at CVS for under $3, so I was quite nervous to use it in the first place, thinking it must be on clearance for a reason. I am pleased with the results and even went and purchased a back-up, since I’m assuming this is a discontinued shade.

I skipped the ‘patch test’ since I’m not usually sensitive to hair dyes, and fortunately I didn’t have any sensitivity or reaction to this product. I found this kit easy to use, and the whole process start-to-finish probably took 20 minutes. I was a bit nervous when I mixed the color crème & the developer because it turned an awful greenish-brown color, but after applied it turned a deep burgundy brown. I didn’t find the smell particularly pleasant, but it wasn’t overpowering either. It had kind of a fruity-chemical scent. There was more than enough product to saturate my shoulder-length hair. I used the comb ‘attachment’ and I found it made applying & distributing the product easy. I made sure to brush/comb through my curly/wavy hair before applying, anyways.

I watched the clock for 10 minutes, then hopped in the shower to rinse. It rinsed fairly easily, though I rinsed for a good 3 minutes, at least, just to insure all the product was out. My hair felt very dry & ‘straw like’ as I was rinsing, but I applied the included conditioner and that seemed to help. A week later, and my hair does not feel any drier or damaged in texture as a result of dying it.

I am satisfied with the color result. I just wanted a subtle color change and that is what I got. I would say my final shade is a light-medium reddish-brown, instead of the brighter reddish shade pictured on the box. The color is even, and it has only faded slightly in the past week since I colored it.

Bottom line, I thought the kit was easy to use and I liked the comb applicator. I am happy with the color result and it seemed to leave my hair in good condition. I realize that opinions are highly subjective depending on your hair’s color, condition, shade purchased, desired results, etc., etc., etc. , but for my medium length, medium brown hair, this gave me just the color boost I was looking for, with minimal effort.

on 12/12/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Dyed my hair for the first time in about 5 years. Great color and coverage initially then it began to fade. Really dried out my hair and gave me split ends that I couldn't get rid of no matter how many times I trim it.

on 10/28/2011 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I know that normally this is quite high priced for a DIY color but got it on clearance for less than $3 @ Walgreens.
PLUS, IT WAS IN MY PERFECT COLOR!!

I also got 2 'John Frieda' foam kits at the same time on clearance, again in my color.

This is the best my hair has ever turned out, including in shops. When I use up my 2 'John Friedas', will definitely be buying this brand, at whatever cost.

The color turned out perfectly, true to the box, even covering the gray around my face.

It only took 10 min. and this is the 1st time our bathroom doesn't look like someone had the 'runs' all over the walls and floor. (The DH will be so pleased when he gets home from work.lol)

I didn't find the odor too offensive either, but did run the BR fan.

I guess, I got a great deal but now realize that you DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. AND FROM NOW ON WILL BE WILLING TO PAY THE $12, FULL PRICE FOR IT IN THE FUTURE.

I had a horrible coloring experience in July using 'Clairol's Nice N Easy Foam'. The light auburn turned out almost black with purplish tinges in it. HORRIBLE! I swore I'd never buy another 'Clairol' product again, but this has changed my mind. (When my hair got all screwed up in July, Clairol sent me a coupon for a box of their semi-permanent 'Herbal Essences', to try to make up for it.

I can only hope that they don't D/C this color. That would be my luck.

If something changes with this review, such as the color not staying or my hair condition going bad, will edit it.

on 8/2/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

At first I loved this stuff. The color was great and my hair was shiny and lovely. Buuuut with every use the color lasted for shorter and shorter periods of time. Now my hair is brassy and feels like straw (and I have seriously hard to kill hair). I will never ever use this stuff again!

on 5/9/2011 10:57:00 AM

Color was fine but it faded in just a couple of washings. Would not repurchase.

This dye is great- I've used it in 3 colors I think, and they've all gone really well but be warned, it fades so quickly! Maybe you need to leave it on for longer, but generally it does fade very fast.

This is a great dye to use when you've botched your hair color and need a quick fix! I used it when that happened to me and it was a huge relief. No damage really. By the way, if you want to use light chocolate brown, it shows up with a purple tint.