Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.0

on 7/13/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This hair color is fantastic! Fell into a panic when I stopped seeing it in stores, but when it recently appeared on shelves again at Target I bought all the boxes in my color. I have been coloring my hair my entire life, since I first started turning grey in college. My greys are now plentiful and VERY resistant. This is the only hair color that consistently covers the grey completely and still leaves my hair soft and shiny. L'Oreal gets prime shelf space everywhere (I'm sure they pay $$$ for that), but every time I've tried any L'Oreal hair color it dried out my hair terribly. Clairol has been my go-to for the last several years, and Perfect 10 is the perfect, strong color my resistent greys require--and I don't need to leave it on my head for an hour!
Oh! I find the comb to work beautifully. Mind, since I re-color regularly I only do the roots and don't comb the color it all the way through my hair. But the comb makes it very easy to cover all the roots completely in a short period of time.
Great color, great product!

on 7/13/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've changed my hair a lot over the years but I always try to find the colour I want in this brand! I think the plus point about this is that it only takes 10 minutes to develop so if your after a quick root touch up or a quick dye this is the product for you! I recently used golden medium brown and it's a nice colour but I find that my hair is so shiny and looks in good condition after I've dyed it! I also really like the perfect 10 conditioner you get in the box. It only needs to be left on for 2 minutes but it does wonders for your hair!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have dyed my hair since I was 11, and I can quite honestly say this is the worst hair dye I have ever used. Although it says permanent, it blatantly isn't. This washed out of my hair within a month, wasn't even black (I purchased a black one), even though I followed all the instructions to a t (I even test for allergies before I dye my hair).
While I was dying my hair I always have the door open, but even with the door open the smell almost made me be sick, I just couldnt breathe and just constantly had to run to the window because it is a stupidly strong chemical smell, that makes the air so thick! I try not to dye my hair too often because I don't want to damage it, which is why I was excited about the idea of a 10 minute solution, however this was overpriced and a waste of money!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Words cannot describe how much I LOVE this product. My scalp is extremely dry and I tend to get blisters after dying my hair. I got not one! I used Dark Brown and it did come out a tad bit darker then the box color, but it looks FABULOUS. It's a rich very dark, pretty much black color. And it really only takes ten minutes! I didn't think the dye smelled too bad like others said, it just smelled like Joe the hair dye. I absolutely love this product and I will 100% buy it again.

on 11/2/2009 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Well, all the hype about Clairol's Perfect 10 appears to be just that- hype. The product boasts ease of use because it only takes 10 minutes. The reality is that your hair must be clean with no product on it, and not washed within the previous 24 hours. What woman conveniently finds herself in that situation? Also, the gray coverage is less than superior- in just over a week, a gray popped out right above my forehead! The applicator is yet another inconvenience of (Im)Perfect 10.
Unless you sport a length only slightly longer than Sinade O'Connor, your bathroom will be splattered with haircolor. To its credit, the conditioner offered with the product is decent, though it doesn't offer the hydration or pleasing aroma of Loreal's Superior Preference conditioner. Ladies, stick with Loreal!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ok, if by "Champagne Blonde", they mean Strawberry Blonde, and if by "perfectly covers your grays" they mean, "well, sort of", then I should be giving this a 3. But since I DON'T live in Clairol's fantasyland, where any overpriced crapfest can be packaged into a pretty enough box to fool consumers into thinking they actually LIKE the straw-like mystery-colored hair they end up with, I'll be giving it the lowest score I'm allowed (which is still being way too generous IMO).

Used this mess on my aunt's perfectly-toned brass-free medium blonde hair. Nary a red tone in sight--just needed to cover her grays. Now, her hair is a stripped, damaged disaster in a color no woman over 40 could ever carry off. AND it only covered parts of her gray. She doesn't really give a flip, but it makes me mad every time I look at her. If only one of those many extra bottles of crap they include contained a color corrector...

on 4/11/2009 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this is the best at home hair colour i've tried. unlike superior preference, which i rinsed out of my hair after about about 10 seconds because it looked so sketchy, i trust this product to always give me gorgeous, glossy colour. this time it's noticeably dyed parts of my skin around my hairline but i'm hoping that will fade within the next couple of days. the shades do run dark, but that's perfect for me. the medium brown is dark brown with a lot of warm tones to it, and the medium ash brown is just plain dark brown. the actual dark brown shade is a gorgeous colour but be careful... it definitely walks the line between dark brown and black. the big problem with this hair colour and the reason i tried - and was disappointed by - other brands is because it fades like crazy. within a few weeks i'm several shades lighter, even with various colour protecting shampoos and treatments. however, it's worth it for that first couple weeks of beautiful colour, and it's still cheaper than the salon. i recommend it to friends all the time and will continue to use it until i find something better.

on 3/24/2009 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This dye made my hair extremely dry. But that's not the worst of it! I bought the Medium Ash Brown and my hair turned out almost black, and very dull. I got my money back from the company and will never purchase it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have mixed thoughts on this hair colour, because the colour on my roots is gorgeous...but the colour on the last 3/4 of my hair is a shade darker than my roots. I have very long hair, it was medium, reddish brown (a variety of dyes in it from past colourings), and I used a mixture of 4R and 5R which are dark and medium auburn. The dye itself smells really strong and definitely burned my head a bit. But the conditioner that comes with the dye is fantastic. Smells great, and makes your hair go from dry to silky, I wish they sold it separately! My roots turned out fantastic, but as I said the rest of my hair is a bit darker. I hope that it evens out after a few washes.

Overall, it's a decent dye, but due to the splotchy results I'm going to stick with Feria or Nutrisse in the future.

on 3/28/2008 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the conditional yes/no option for this product. The color was very nice (my daughter actually complemented on the multi-toned hues) and the conditoner is great. However, the color fades after only two weeks, leaving not just gray roots but an all over dullness. I normally use Nice and Easy so I don't think brand is an issue in my case. For more than twice the price, it's just simply not worth it.