Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.2

on 9/22/2017 9:43:00 PM

Overall, I would buy this again in a pinch because it is only 10 min, but it isn't the best. Time is an issue for me right now, so I bought this over my usual excellence cream. I bought 6R and 7 and mixed them, with more 6R. The results were okay. My roots were mostly covered, and my grey was mostly covered. Neither was perfect. The overall color on my already dyed hair was great, though, and it all blended well. I bought a few boxes to stock up when I need them. However, when I have time, I definitely go back to using excellence cream.

on 3/25/2013 4:15:00 PM

Bought this in Medium Ash Brown to cover the reddish color that I dyed my hair last month. Unfortunately, it did not take the red out. In fact, my hair seems to have more red highlights. Waste of money.

on 6/23/2012 12:12:00 PM

Switched to Light Auburn 6R to save money. I see this award-winning colourist who gives me a *deal* at 100$ a pop on basic, single process colour on very short hair (and that's only because I have been a client for YEARS and followed her around when she moved salons, etc).

Let me tell you: this is the ONLY drugstore colour that has EVER come close to (or might even be a little better than! gasp!) the custom colour I have mixed for me at the salon. I did end up with slightly hot roots, but it was my fault. I left it on for like 30 minutes.

The light Auburn turns out a bit darker than the box, but not significantly so. The colour is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous (a perfect designer warm, medium red...none of that ugly blue red drugstore colours of this depth almost always end up being....bleh!) and hair is so soft after using the conditioner.

Even if it does end up fading (salon reds do, too, ladies....you have to use depositing products or just learn to accept it), at this price, I can afford to colour every two weeks! Love! Will repurchase!

on 12/18/2010 12:29:00 AM

PERFECT 10 - MEDIUM ASH BROWN 5A

If you want to cry your eyes out like I did. buy two packages of this crap. and ruin your long thick locks.

i have dark brown hair and had brassy orangey reddish roots, 'ash brown'? you'd think that would at the least make it a little less noticeable. WRONG. the complete opposite. I can now make it safely across the streets at nite. i literally GLOW in the dark. effin liars. thats what these marketers are.

ash my ass.

on 4/3/2010 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Every now and then, a product comes to me which I feel a great need to tell everybody about. this is that kind of product. (along with Neutrogena Healthy Skin and Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick).

So here's the story...I dyed my hair from medium brown to what I THOUGHT was going to be medium copper brown (51/2AM L'Oreal Superior Preference). I only left it on for 15 minutes because I knew my hair would be porous. It turned DARKEST BROWN. Not the flat black that i hate, but it was still just too dark for me and NOT what I wanted. So I used the L'Oreal color remover the next day. It was bleachy and left my hair a spotty orange/black/yellow color. But I knew this would happen, because I planned on re-dying. I used Perfect 10 in Light Chocolate Brown (6NW). It was absolutely amazing. The texture was great, although there was a tiny bit of drip on the floor. The color of the dye looked exactly like the brown color I wanted, so I was encouraged. It looked like liquid chocolate, lol. Then, the comb applicator worked fabulously on my hair. It's fine but a LOT of hair, and it goes down to mid-back, with long layers. The entire bottle was used, frankly I might have needed a *tiny* bit more for my hair, but 2 bottles would have been way more than I needed. When I rinsed out, my hair looked exactly like I wanted--slightly darker than the box, but I expected that, the color is still gorgeous. Instead of light chocolate brown, it's like a medium chocolate brown, but it's all fine. I'd definitely say this is awesome!

on 3/4/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have used Feria for about 3 years. Not necissairly becuase it was the best but because I am always afraid to try new products I'm not familiar with.

Well, the last few times I colored my hair (Black) I noticed (my husband also) that the color was not catching all my hair (shoulder legnth, no grey yet). And within a week or so the color faded to a dark brown/redish brown (I hate the reddish brown, thats why I dye my natural darkish brown hair to a black).

Well, last week I was browsing the hair color isle and Clairol Perfect 10 caught my eye. Really, 10 minutes? Because Feria takes 25 mintues and it didnt get the job done.

Well, I tried it! It was my last attempt before I was going to try salon color. The hair comb trip is great! It really does make the process easier. I still use my fingers to massage it in but there are less spills and splatters and I feel like it helps get the color deeper in the roots in more area thather than just the one single line with the regular tipped nozzle.

So, because I was skeptical, after I finished applying the product, I set the timer for 15 mintues rather than the 10. I didnt want to go to overboard. After my 15 minutes, I washed according to instructions.

The results! My hair is jet black! ALL OVER! Holy, No Joke! It really did work. It grasped all my hair. I even made my husband check the back. When I was driving in the car. I even check the the mirror a few times to see if there were any "brown/reddish lights" being picked up but the sun! None! It's been a week and the color still looks great!

I've read reviews and the product did not dry my hair. My husband said it looks glossy and healthy. It feels silky to me. However I do not stress my hair out with products or with heat on a daily basis either.

Feria has lost a cusotmer and I'm Perfect 10 all the way! I am recomending the product to my friends who box color hair.

on 2/21/2010 12:59:00 PM

I had a coupon and found on sale, along with good reviews in magazines I decided to give it a try. The color was okay, brown was what I wanted, but the grays it covered had a reddish tint which I do not like at all. The worst part of this is how DRY it made my hair. It immediately felt like straw and no amount of conditioning has helped much. Will not buy again.

on 11/16/2009 2:45:00 PM

This had zero staying power on my hair. It was a beautiful glossy dark brown/black when I first dyed it and I love the conditioner, but the color soon faded after another couple of weeks and now my old color is back. And my hair also looks lackluster. The applicator was also pretty difficult to use (I have long hair and with the applicator, it was difficult to apply all the way from roots to the ends). I gave this 2 stars bc of the conditioner - it feels great in my hair. I'm going back to my hairstylist for professional coloring though, this color just doesn't last!

on 9/9/2009 1:17:00 PM

Ok - first a bit of background: I have really long dark brown hair. I have attempted coloring in the past using diff types (Garnier, L'Oreal etc) but it's hard to get natural color with long dark hair (usually turns out too black and only looks natural after a couple of weeks).
SO, to get rid of a few gray hairs that grow here and there, I decided to try this product - in the 4 color (dark brown - espresso on the double color). Since I was interested in covering only very few roots (I seem to get them in a patch in front... about 15 or 20 hairs maybe that consistently grow grey and appear bright since they're in front) - I wanted to try something fast without the 45 minute wait.

What I did was mix very little of the solutions in a separate plastic cap (an old hairspray can cap) to make a total of maybe one to two tablespoons of color. I apply this directly to ofending roots with a little makeup brush, and 10 to 15 mins later, voila, no greys.
The color blends beautifully with my hair and has never irritated my scalp. Due to using only bits at a time, a box can last me a year (if I touch up once a month or every two months very little). About once a year I will color my whole head but only up to about three inches away from the scalp - I never color all the way down as it's not needed and would dry out hair.
This color blends beautifully even for my "full head" color, and does not look too witchy black, but a rather nice dark brown (with no red, I hate red showing up in my hair).
I would definitely buy again, and would recommend. For those that only want to cover little grey or just blend with their natural color I would suggest the trick above (only blending very little and spot applying with a small brush), or only coloring partially for long hair.

on 4/4/2009 8:52:00 PM

I want to be fair here but I have been coloring my hair for...wow...17 years or so and this is the worst hair color product I have ever used.
Now, this may work for some but not for me. I have a tough scalp and this actually made my scalp burn. The color grabbed at my ends and the color was uneven. This is incredibly DRYING also.
In it's favor it does seem to have covered my grey which is quite resistant to color and their was no strong scent to the product.
I won't be buying this again.