Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.1

on 6/23/2012 12:12:00 PM

Switched to Light Auburn 6R to save money. I see this award-winning colourist who gives me a *deal* at 100$ a pop on basic, single process colour on very short hair (and that's only because I have been a client for YEARS and followed her around when she moved salons, etc).

Let me tell you: this is the ONLY drugstore colour that has EVER come close to (or might even be a little better than! gasp!) the custom colour I have mixed for me at the salon. I did end up with slightly hot roots, but it was my fault. I left it on for like 30 minutes.

The light Auburn turns out a bit darker than the box, but not significantly so. The colour is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous (a perfect designer warm, medium red...none of that ugly blue red drugstore colours of this depth almost always end up being....bleh!) and hair is so soft after using the conditioner.

Even if it does end up fading (salon reds do, too, ladies....you have to use depositing products or just learn to accept it), at this price, I can afford to colour every two weeks! Love! Will repurchase!

on 5/14/2011 8:10:00 PM

I liked the color but the application and the color comb was a little weird to use. The consistency was very drippy and messy. I do like the way the color turned out and it did cover my grays well. I tried this because I LOVE the Clariol root touch up and I wanted the colors to match perfectly. Unfortunately, I wasn't as impressed with the Perfect 10 as I am with the root touch up.

on 11/23/2010 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My hair felt horrible after using this. I tried the dark auburn and I ended up looking like a total ginger. My hair was totally orange and fried. I had to immediately go out and buy another brand of hair dye to fix it.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral

I love the idea of this product. It's quick, it's easy, the colour, for me, was fine. However, two weeks later, my hair feels dull and heavy. I've tried a vinegar rinse twice and it's still dull and heavy. I usually use Garnier. Actually, I've used several other brands in the past and my hair feels soft and is shiny after. Not with this product. I would not buy it again.

Update: Jan 2012, I gave this another shot. Again, quick and easy. The colour didn't excite me so much this time and my hair is again dull and heavy. I had to spend a good amount of money buying a shampoo that I would not normally get to bring a little lightness and softness back to my hair.

on 4/3/2010 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Every now and then, a product comes to me which I feel a great need to tell everybody about. this is that kind of product. (along with Neutrogena Healthy Skin and Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick).

So here's the story...I dyed my hair from medium brown to what I THOUGHT was going to be medium copper brown (51/2AM L'Oreal Superior Preference). I only left it on for 15 minutes because I knew my hair would be porous. It turned DARKEST BROWN. Not the flat black that i hate, but it was still just too dark for me and NOT what I wanted. So I used the L'Oreal color remover the next day. It was bleachy and left my hair a spotty orange/black/yellow color. But I knew this would happen, because I planned on re-dying. I used Perfect 10 in Light Chocolate Brown (6NW). It was absolutely amazing. The texture was great, although there was a tiny bit of drip on the floor. The color of the dye looked exactly like the brown color I wanted, so I was encouraged. It looked like liquid chocolate, lol. Then, the comb applicator worked fabulously on my hair. It's fine but a LOT of hair, and it goes down to mid-back, with long layers. The entire bottle was used, frankly I might have needed a *tiny* bit more for my hair, but 2 bottles would have been way more than I needed. When I rinsed out, my hair looked exactly like I wanted--slightly darker than the box, but I expected that, the color is still gorgeous. Instead of light chocolate brown, it's like a medium chocolate brown, but it's all fine. I'd definitely say this is awesome!

on 2/21/2010 12:59:00 PM

I had a coupon and found on sale, along with good reviews in magazines I decided to give it a try. The color was okay, brown was what I wanted, but the grays it covered had a reddish tint which I do not like at all. The worst part of this is how DRY it made my hair. It immediately felt like straw and no amount of conditioning has helped much. Will not buy again.

on 10/11/2009 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I strand tested this on my hair, good thing as it didn't work on my lighter blonde very well at all- pulled at least two, maybe three levels too dark, and I used the lightest shade I could get! It also was damaging, and the conditioner was way too heavy for my lighter hair. I really wanted this to work for me. I had to be somewhere that night, too!

on 9/9/2009 1:17:00 PM

Ok - first a bit of background: I have really long dark brown hair. I have attempted coloring in the past using diff types (Garnier, L'Oreal etc) but it's hard to get natural color with long dark hair (usually turns out too black and only looks natural after a couple of weeks).
SO, to get rid of a few gray hairs that grow here and there, I decided to try this product - in the 4 color (dark brown - espresso on the double color). Since I was interested in covering only very few roots (I seem to get them in a patch in front... about 15 or 20 hairs maybe that consistently grow grey and appear bright since they're in front) - I wanted to try something fast without the 45 minute wait.

What I did was mix very little of the solutions in a separate plastic cap (an old hairspray can cap) to make a total of maybe one to two tablespoons of color. I apply this directly to ofending roots with a little makeup brush, and 10 to 15 mins later, voila, no greys.
The color blends beautifully with my hair and has never irritated my scalp. Due to using only bits at a time, a box can last me a year (if I touch up once a month or every two months very little). About once a year I will color my whole head but only up to about three inches away from the scalp - I never color all the way down as it's not needed and would dry out hair.
This color blends beautifully even for my "full head" color, and does not look too witchy black, but a rather nice dark brown (with no red, I hate red showing up in my hair).
I would definitely buy again, and would recommend. For those that only want to cover little grey or just blend with their natural color I would suggest the trick above (only blending very little and spot applying with a small brush), or only coloring partially for long hair.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am so conflicted on this. I use 5R, and it turns my medium brown hair a beautiful shade of auburn that I get SO many compliments on and that I absolutely LOVE. However, although I only wash my hair every 2-3 days, I find this color washes out after less than 3 weeks! I know that red color is the fastest fading color, but I also use the John Frieda shampoo specifically for redheads, as well as the redhead color glaze from that line.
I wish it lasted longer. I know I can always fall back on this, and I've used it about 10 times, but I'm on the lookout for a better at home hair dye kit that will have longer lasting results.

on 4/24/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have tried all hair color on the market and nothing beats this stuff. I have received so many compliments since I started using it, it is unreal. I have gray hair sprinkled in with my medium brown. This stuff not only covers it up in a measly 10 minutes but leaves it glossy, glossy, glossy!!! I will NEVER go back to another hair color. EVER!!!