Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use this in Medium Ash Brown once a month. I love only having to do 10 mins and then rinsing it out. The conditioner leaves my hair feeling really nice and it smells good like coconuts. My hair comes out a super glossy dark to medium brown. Its my favorite brand of hair color. My natural color is already dark brown but I love how this shade just makes my hair sparkle and it adds a richer brown tone to it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I always color my hair at home because that is what I can afford. I've tried a lot of drugstore dyes, maybe even all of them. Here is a quick overall pro list of this product:
*It does what it claims and the color is same as what the box says
*Colors roots same shade as hair; non brassy
*Is not messy; the least messiest dye I have ever used
*Ease of application
*Helpful instructions
*Time saving
*Great results and overall value.

Here is my in-depth review: I bought this after reading a great review on a beauty blog. The color I chose is Medium Ash Brown. I am naturally ash blonde but choose to dye my hair dark. One problem I've had with drugstore dyes is that the brown shades can run brassy and sometimes leave my blonde roots red and the rest very dark. When you open the package, there are several things: the bottle of dye, the tube of the actual color, a separate plastic brush head applicator, a generous big tube of conditioner, and of course, the instructions and a pair of gloves. I'll break everything down: the gloves fit great and weren't that awful cheap saran wrap texture, but smooth and sort of thick so it allowed more grip. First you empty the color dye into the bottle that looks like the regular one you use: with the cap you cover with one hand while you shake. What's great about this is that you don't need to break the cap open until you've shaken it up because you will use the brush applicator to apply instead! The instructions were very clear to shake for at least 20 seconds which I found helpful. Then I removed the top of the bottle cap and there literally WAS NO MESS. Messiness is one of the worst cons of coloring your hair at home, especially with dark dyes which is what I use. I then applied the brush applicator which is bigger than I expected, and not flimsy at all. It screws on very tight and doesn't feel like it wobbles or will come off. I then started at my roots. My hair is very fine and straight; but I recommend brushing your hair first to get rid of tangles. The brush end of this is very strong and will do a good job though. I squeezed to apply the color to my roots. Another thing I noticed about this compared to other drugstore dyes is that the brunette shades appear clear when I first apply on my roots; this was already the brown shade I wanted and it made me feel relieved I didn't have to wait to watch my roots turn color. I love the fact that you have to squeeze the dye out and it doesn't just run out or have a runny texture, this holds really well and yet again is another factor to why it isn't messy like other dyes. I applied all my roots first and the brush allowed my to really get in between sections that I can get when using other drugstore dye bottles. After my whole head was applied, I let it sit for a little over 10 minutes just to be sure it got dark enough but I'm sure you could go for only 10 especially if you already have dark hair. The smell isn't chemically at all; it smells like grape candy to me. In my opinion, the conditioner smells way better; like coconuts. I have to state again; I got no drips, no mess, and whatever I got on my skin was easy to remove because of the dyes thick texture. I let the conditioner sit on my hair for a long time and applied all over. It left my hair very shiny and detangled so I could run my fingers all the way down without tangles. The big gold star for me was that it actually turned my roots dark instead of red and my whole head was an even, consistent medium ash brown; exactly like what the box said. Now the price is 9.99, a little more than what other drugstore dyes are. For me it is worth every penny; for the results, the no mess factor, the time saving with only needing 10 minutes, the precise instructions, and the overall value. YES it is a perfect 10. I recommend to anyone who wants to color their hair at home or for a lower price than salon and with great results.

I coloured my hair with 5A Medium Brown (medium ash brown) 2 days ago. Wow, so happy with the results - it's better than a salon colour and I have been to 3 different salons in the past few months to try and remove the red, brassy tones from my hair since a hairdresser did a bleach bath and made it go orange!

The last hairdresser had to add a green tone to the dye to counteract the red; it was nice at first, but as it faded I could see a green tinge to it! So far with Perfect 10 I can't see the red at all in natural light - there is a slight bit when I am directly under and artificial light, but it is not the orange colour it was before.

NOTE: the dye will be DARKER than the colour stated on the box - i.e. dark brown will turn out black and medium brown will be dark brown. I am so glad I did medium, as I nearly went for the dark brown and would have ended up black!

I really hope this colour lasts - I'll let you know. My salon ones have only been lasting approx 2 weeks and then my hair has been fading back to the brassy colour; I've been told that that could be due to how porous (sp?) my hair is.

Well worth the money: I got three dyes for the price of two - worked out approx 5 for each - as opposed to 35 in a salon.

I

on 3/25/2011 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used Perfect 10 more then once for maybe 2 different shades. I really like the dark brown I used this more then 5 times. The color was amazing. I hate the smell it is one of the strongest I have ever used. It was really messy! All over the place and I am not messy. I had no use for the comb applicator because my hair is so thick and curly. I find it takes forever to wash out the color that first time until the water runs clear.

I have used almost every home hair color kit on the market and only detest one (excellence "to go"). This kit gets high marks for the ease of application (i actually prefer slightly "runny" to super thick--easier to apply) not too horrible smell, lack of smell after rinse, and the best part? The color actually looks exactly like the box! I got runway blonde which was actually a couple of shades darker and more golden than my latest platinum blonde color. So, my roots were light brown/dishwater blonde and the rest was platinum, as I said. And the whole thing turned out a rather lovely shade of light golden blonde which looks natural and shiny. I can definately tell it is less damaging than color-silk, which I had been using, it is so cheap. But, for me, it really is worth it to spend the extra money. I dont have any greys but I am going to get this for my mum to see if it works well, she hates waiting 40+ minutes for excellence!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Obsessed. I have used every hair color out there. Every single one! It is difficult to read reviews of hair color bc I find that one person calls in HG while the review right after says it's the worst, most drying product ever. Well, I have no idea how everyone could not freak out over this dye! I had my naturally dark brown (which I haven't seen in many moons) hair color strawberry blonde for a year or so. About a year before that I had lightened it to platiunum blonde which damaged it beyond belief along with my obsessive 2-3 times monthly dying obsession. After lightening it so much it just wouldn't hold color more than 2 weeks. Anyway, I finally decided to dye it a light brown color and leave it a while so I could grow it out more (it's about 3-4 inches below my shoulders) and so it would look healthier. It worked but after a month it was time to dye it again bc the color had faded to a dark golden blonde / light golden brown. Red hair compliments my eyes and skin tone so much and I get so bored with brown hair that I thought what the heck -- I will try to find a nice natural light auburn. I was considering Garnier light auburn but changed my mind when I saw the color swatches. I love clairol products bc they are way less damaging than L'Oreal. I decided to buy this product in medium reddish blonde color called something Berry bc colors always run darker than they say on the box I thought it would equal out to a nice auburn. I loved the comb applicator and the smell was not bad at all and is the first hair color ever to not make my hair smell chemically after dying. The color came out absolutely gorgeous root to tip!!!! I have sooo much trouble with the 4-5 inch area around my roots soaking up all the color while the rest of my damaged hair doesn't absorb any and is left a completely different color. However, my hair was so completely even root to tip (even my dark brown roots that had grown out about 1cm) that it is freaky! not only that, i was concerned my hair would feel damaged and splintery since i had chosen a lighter color. Well, it felt like BUTTER!!!! So soft and fuller like i had dyed it a dark color. NOTE: I did leave the color on 15 or so minutes and I usually use a protein filler pre-treatment but I didnt have any this time so I lightly spritzed my hair with a little water and protein reconstructor treatment and left it on 15 minutes before applying hair dye. I was so nervouse bc I didn't have quit enough dye to cover all of my hair. I had to rub it around to mix it but the color still came out sooo even! I really hope this color doesn't fade super-fast but even if I have to dye every 3 weeks- this color makes my hair feel so healthy i don't care! I use a red-depositing daily shampoo from Sally's every other day for all colors of red hair so hopefully that will help. Long story but I highly recommend! Will update how long it lasts, but so far definitely HG!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've only used this product once--to correct brassy salon hi-lights. My hairdresser just doesn't know what she's doing when it comes to color. She "highlighted" my drab dishwater blonde hair but basically lightened my whole head which turned out yellow-gold-brassy. Yuck. I'm 42 years old and done with the whole blonde business. It's just too problematic.

So, to combat the brassiness I bought a box of Clairol Perfect 10 Dark Blonde. This is a shade pretty close to my natural color. It completely eradicated the harshness of the salon job and left my hair darker, yes, but perfectly in harmony with my eyebrows and skin tone. I look much more natural--and not like I'm desperately trying to hold on to the baby blonde of my youth. I don't have much gray as it is, but everything seems perfectly covered. I really like it.

The comb attachment is awful but you don't have to use it, it also comes with a regular applicator. I know everyones hair is different and will take and hold color differently depending on texture, damage, ect. That said this is my new HG haircolor. It is a little runny and drippy but I have had little to no fading, my grays are covered and the medium ash brown comes out a lovely chocolate tone on me. My hair feels great and is shiny and wonderful, I now have what I call "sexy head". The one thing that really sealed the deal for me was when my stylist asked if I had another stylist color my hair, even she said it looks great and she's losing money because of it.

on 4/11/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In my experience, most home hair colors are either too ashy or turn brassy after a while... but not this one! Number 8 is my go-to haircolor. It is not too blonde, nor too dark and does no fade. I even had trouble with fading/brassiness after professional hair coloring, and this stuff holds up way better (plus it saves me so much time and money) !

I don't use the comb thingy, it's much easier to apply with my hands. I don't know why this is sightly more expensive than other home kits (almost 17$ Canadian), so I knocked a lippie off.

on 6/19/2010 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always go for the cheap box dyes. Although I loved the colour I think it faded a little more than I would have liked