Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.2

This is the best hair dye ever! It always makes my hair so glossy and healthy looking- in 10 minutes. I absolutely adore the newest shade #3 darkest brown- but its so hard to find!
Even worse, my usual online retailer hasnt any stock now of ANY of the shades and im really starting to panic that theyve discontinued this... Can anyone advise?!

on 7/13/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've changed my hair a lot over the years but I always try to find the colour I want in this brand! I think the plus point about this is that it only takes 10 minutes to develop so if your after a quick root touch up or a quick dye this is the product for you! I recently used golden medium brown and it's a nice colour but I find that my hair is so shiny and looks in good condition after I've dyed it! I also really like the perfect 10 conditioner you get in the box. It only needs to be left on for 2 minutes but it does wonders for your hair!!

After checking out a really good review of this on the internet, I took the plunge and purchased it. I wanted to go from light golden blonde to an ashy dark blonde colour. I chose medium ash blonde 7.5, instead of dark blonde as I wanted the ash tones.

I found it easy enough to apply, and although I didn't really use the comb applicator, I thought it was a good idea. I got quite scared at how dark it seemed to be going within the 10 minutes, but after washing it off and drying it, I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty much an exact match of the colour I originally wanted. (Very similar to the box colour)
The coverage was even, and my hair actually looked shiny and in better condition after being coloured. It wasn't a flat colour (as I've found with other dyes) but quite multi-tonal.
Having said in the past I'd never bother with a box dye again, I'm actually really pleased I took a risk with this!
Definitely the best box dye I've tried.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the best OTC hair color I've used. Even my hairdresser-- who isn't happy that I color my own, but understands I'm both too cheap and too lazy to have it done professionally-- mentioned that my color looked much better after using this product.

The applicator, with a brush top, is great. I've been able to distribute the color more evenly. With the conventional applicators, I always miss spots, but with the Perfect 10 one I actually get color everywhere.

The 10-minute processing time is great, and this covers my fairly resistant grays. I've had issues with Garnier and L'Oreal colors not working on my grays (which is the reason I color!), so I'm totally happy on that front.

And, I also like the color. Shade #2, Darkest Brown, is just that. Not black, but the closest thing to black that is still brown, and without any red. It's definitely not black-- I have had black hair enough in my life to know!-- but as someone who constantly thinks my hair color is too light, I really like this color.

Full gray coverage, even application, and quick processing time: that all means I'm willing to spend a few dollars more. It's still cheaper than the salon. continued >>

on 10/28/2011 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I know that normally this is quite high priced for a DIY color but got it on clearance for less than $3 @ Walgreens.
PLUS, IT WAS IN MY PERFECT COLOR!!

I also got 2 'John Frieda' foam kits at the same time on clearance, again in my color.

This is the best my hair has ever turned out, including in shops. When I use up my 2 'John Friedas', will definitely be buying this brand, at whatever cost.

The color turned out perfectly, true to the box, even covering the gray around my face.

It only took 10 min. and this is the 1st time our bathroom doesn't look like someone had the 'runs' all over the walls and floor. (The DH will be so pleased when he gets home from work.lol)

I didn't find the odor too offensive either, but did run the BR fan.

I guess, I got a great deal but now realize that you DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. AND FROM NOW ON WILL BE WILLING TO PAY THE $12, FULL PRICE FOR IT IN THE FUTURE.

I had a horrible coloring experience in July using 'Clairol's Nice N Easy Foam'. The light auburn turned out almost black with purplish tinges in it. HORRIBLE! I swore I'd never buy another 'Clairol' product again, but this has changed my mind. (When my hair got all screwed up in July, Clairol sent me a coupon for a box of their semi-permanent 'Herbal Essences', to try to make up for it.

I can only hope that they don't D/C this color. That would be my luck.

If something changes with this review, such as the color not staying or my hair condition going bad, will edit it.

on 10/6/2011 11:22:00 AM

I used the Perfect 10 in Lightest Cool Brown for my review. For reference, my hair was previously a darkish strawberry blonde color that had too much orange for my liking. It wasn't super noticable, but there was a definite orange tint, which is why I wanted a cool color to counteract it. My hair is also rather dry and porous, and is rather wavy.

Anyway, as for the application, I rather liked the comb attachment, although I didn't use it for the whole head. I felt that the comb helped me to get my roots better than I normally can on my own. After color was on my roots, though, it didn't really help much as I tried to pull the comb through the rest of my hair. It just wound up getting tangled, so I took it off and used the other attachment and my hands to work it through the rest of my hair. This dye was a little messy, but not really any messier than most other brands of dye that I've tried. It's just more of a liquid than a cream, so keep that in mind and protect the counter and your skin.

I left the dye on for 6 minutes instead of 10 because I didn't want my hair to get too dark, plus I took a little longer than I figured most people might putting the color on my hair. Once I got into the shower, it took about the average time to rinse out of my hair. I then used the conditioner (which I really liked, by the way), left it on for 3 or 4 minutes, and rinsed.

My hair color is now EXACTLY what I wanted it to be! I'm so thrilled. It's a neutral medium brown color with just a tiny bit of gold. The cool tones did an excellent job of evening out that yucky orange, and truth be told, this color looks like my natural hair color, only a bit darker. I've never found a light brown dye yet that doesn't make my hair pull somewhat warm, but this one did the trick. It's lovely and rich. I agree with another reviewer who said that Perfect 10 leaves the hair with tons of dimension. After a few washes, the subtle highlights come out. It's lovely, even better than I think my stylist could have done!

Since I've only had my hair dyed for about a week, I don't know about fading yet. If it does occur, I may have to modify my review. But so far, I am THRILLED! This stuff is worth the extra cost in my book!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I always color my hair at home because that is what I can afford. I've tried a lot of drugstore dyes, maybe even all of them. Here is a quick overall pro list of this product:
*It does what it claims and the color is same as what the box says
*Colors roots same shade as hair; non brassy
*Is not messy; the least messiest dye I have ever used
*Ease of application
*Helpful instructions
*Time saving
*Great results and overall value.

Here is my in-depth review: I bought this after reading a great review on a beauty blog. The color I chose is Medium Ash Brown. I am naturally ash blonde but choose to dye my hair dark. One problem I've had with drugstore dyes is that the brown shades can run brassy and sometimes leave my blonde roots red and the rest very dark. When you open the package, there are several things: the bottle of dye, the tube of the actual color, a separate plastic brush head applicator, a generous big tube of conditioner, and of course, the instructions and a pair of gloves. I'll break everything down: the gloves fit great and weren't that awful cheap saran wrap texture, but smooth and sort of thick so it allowed more grip. First you empty the color dye into the bottle that looks like the regular one you use: with the cap you cover with one hand while you shake. What's great about this is that you don't need to break the cap open until you've shaken it up because you will use the brush applicator to apply instead! The instructions were very clear to shake for at least 20 seconds which I found helpful. Then I removed the top of the bottle cap and there literally WAS NO MESS. Messiness is one of the worst cons of coloring your hair at home, especially with dark dyes which is what I use. I then applied the brush applicator which is bigger than I expected, and not flimsy at all. It screws on very tight and doesn't feel like it wobbles or will come off. I then started at my roots. My hair is very fine and straight; but I recommend brushing your hair first to get rid of tangles. The brush end of this is very strong and will do a good job though. I squeezed to apply the color to my roots. Another thing I noticed about this compared to other drugstore dyes is that the brunette shades appear clear when I first apply on my roots; this was already the brown shade I wanted and it made me feel relieved I didn't have to wait to watch my roots turn color. I love the fact that you have to squeeze the dye out and it doesn't just run out or have a runny texture, this holds really well and yet again is another factor to why it isn't messy like other dyes. I applied all my roots first and the brush allowed my to really get in between sections that I can get when using other drugstore dye bottles. After my whole head was applied, I let it sit for a little over 10 minutes just to be sure it got dark enough but I'm sure you could go for only 10 especially if you already have dark hair. The smell isn't chemically at all; it smells like grape candy to me. In my opinion, the conditioner smells way better; like coconuts. I have to state again; I got no drips, no mess, and whatever I got on my skin was easy to remove because of the dyes thick texture. I let the conditioner sit on my hair for a long time and applied all over. It left my hair very shiny and detangled so I could run my fingers all the way down without tangles. The big gold star for me was that it actually turned my roots dark instead of red and my whole head was an even, consistent medium ash brown; exactly like what the box said. Now the price is 9.99, a little more than what other drugstore dyes are. For me it is worth every penny; for the results, the no mess factor, the time saving with only needing 10 minutes, the precise instructions, and the overall value. YES it is a perfect 10. I recommend to anyone who wants to color their hair at home or for a lower price than salon and with great results.

I coloured my hair with 5A Medium Brown (medium ash brown) 2 days ago. Wow, so happy with the results - it's better than a salon colour and I have been to 3 different salons in the past few months to try and remove the red, brassy tones from my hair since a hairdresser did a bleach bath and made it go orange!

The last hairdresser had to add a green tone to the dye to counteract the red; it was nice at first, but as it faded I could see a green tinge to it! So far with Perfect 10 I can't see the red at all in natural light - there is a slight bit when I am directly under and artificial light, but it is not the orange colour it was before.

NOTE: the dye will be DARKER than the colour stated on the box - i.e. dark brown will turn out black and medium brown will be dark brown. I am so glad I did medium, as I nearly went for the dark brown and would have ended up black!

I really hope this colour lasts - I'll let you know. My salon ones have only been lasting approx 2 weeks and then my hair has been fading back to the brassy colour; I've been told that that could be due to how porous (sp?) my hair is.

Well worth the money: I got three dyes for the price of two - worked out approx 5 for each - as opposed to 35 in a salon.

I

on 3/27/2011 11:30:00 AM

I have used it about half a dozen times (I experiment w/ color (mostly blondes and browns) and hair coloring products a lot.) I LOVE this stuff even if it is more expensive than other d/s options. I love the comb applicator - in fact, I now use it for other brands that I like (Revlon Colorsilk, L'Oreal Superior Preference, Clairol Nice & Easy).

Love that it only takes 10 minutes = shiny, fully colored hair w/ multiple tones (I have no grays to contend w/ - yet), not obnoxious smelling. Only due to price to I tend to experiment w/ others...will contine to keep in my regular rotation!

on 3/19/2011 3:14:00 AM

I use color: 4 Dark Brown. It is the perfect dark brown color, without going black. I'm super impressed with the quality of the color. It's very rich and looks just as it did when I had it done at the salon. I never realized just how convenient the "10 minute" development time would be, until after I experienced it. The only thing about this dye is that it fades fast if you don't use a color-safe shampoo.

(One thing I noticed that is a good AND bad thing is the consistency. It is quite runny. The good thing is that this makes it spread out easier so you don't miss any patches. But the bad thing is it can be messy and splash the counter. I would suggest covering the counter and floor with newspaper.)