Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.3

on 12/3/2016 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my favorite permanent hair color for at least the past year and over the 30 years I've been coloring I've tried lots of different brands. Now I color to cover grays and give my hair a nice shine. I love that this processes in 10 minutes instead of the usual 25 or so. Keep in mind when choosing a color that it's going to be darker than you're anticipating so it might be a good idea to choose one shade lighter than what you want the first time you color. My natural hair is a very dark brown and I color using medium brown. After the first week or so the color does fade a bit and after three weeks or so you can see that my natural color is a bit darker but by then it's time to color again. My hair is long, past my shoulders, but since I only do my roots there's plenty of color in the bottle. My hair always looks and feels fantastic after I color.

on 7/13/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This hair color is fantastic! Fell into a panic when I stopped seeing it in stores, but when it recently appeared on shelves again at Target I bought all the boxes in my color. I have been coloring my hair my entire life, since I first started turning grey in college. My greys are now plentiful and VERY resistant. This is the only hair color that consistently covers the grey completely and still leaves my hair soft and shiny. L'Oreal gets prime shelf space everywhere (I'm sure they pay $$$ for that), but every time I've tried any L'Oreal hair color it dried out my hair terribly. Clairol has been my go-to for the last several years, and Perfect 10 is the perfect, strong color my resistent greys require--and I don't need to leave it on my head for an hour!
Oh! I find the comb to work beautifully. Mind, since I re-color regularly I only do the roots and don't comb the color it all the way through my hair. But the comb makes it very easy to cover all the roots completely in a short period of time.
Great color, great product!

This is the best hair dye ever! It always makes my hair so glossy and healthy looking- in 10 minutes. I absolutely adore the newest shade #3 darkest brown- but its so hard to find!
Even worse, my usual online retailer hasnt any stock now of ANY of the shades and im really starting to panic that theyve discontinued this... Can anyone advise?!

on 9/15/2014 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is the BEST hair color I've ever used. I haven't written a review here in a long time, but I feel compelled to after using this fantastic project. I'm a L'Oreal gal through and through, and have been using Preference for years, but my hair never felt this soft or looked this shiny after using Preference. Never. I used medium golden brown, and it's perfect...truly golden, not red. I keep running my fingers through my hair because it's so soft. My hair hasn't been in such good condition in years. I don't have any grays, so I can't speak about coverage there. It smells great. No noxious fumes. I can't believe these aren't flying off the shelves. I guess I'm a Clairol gal now.

on 7/13/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've changed my hair a lot over the years but I always try to find the colour I want in this brand! I think the plus point about this is that it only takes 10 minutes to develop so if your after a quick root touch up or a quick dye this is the product for you! I recently used golden medium brown and it's a nice colour but I find that my hair is so shiny and looks in good condition after I've dyed it! I also really like the perfect 10 conditioner you get in the box. It only needs to be left on for 2 minutes but it does wonders for your hair!!

After checking out a really good review of this on the internet, I took the plunge and purchased it. I wanted to go from light golden blonde to an ashy dark blonde colour. I chose medium ash blonde 7.5, instead of dark blonde as I wanted the ash tones.

I found it easy enough to apply, and although I didn't really use the comb applicator, I thought it was a good idea. I got quite scared at how dark it seemed to be going within the 10 minutes, but after washing it off and drying it, I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty much an exact match of the colour I originally wanted. (Very similar to the box colour)
The coverage was even, and my hair actually looked shiny and in better condition after being coloured. It wasn't a flat colour (as I've found with other dyes) but quite multi-tonal.
Having said in the past I'd never bother with a box dye again, I'm actually really pleased I took a risk with this!
Definitely the best box dye I've tried.

on 12/4/2012 12:49:00 PM

I use this product to colour my mothers hair which has grey roots. I found this was a really good product!! even her hairdresser asked what colour was used and she regularly gets compliments on it! The directions are clear and the product is easy to use. The bottle comes with a comb making it easier to apply evenly on the hair. there is a wide variety of shades and there is plenty of product in the bottle. comes with conditioner which leaves hair super shiny.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Just colored with the perfect 10 shade 5A-medium ash brown for the first time and am very happy with the results. It is the only at home color that covered my grays thoroughly-others have covered the gray but the color was much lighter on the gray than the rest. This one colored the gray making the grays the same color as the rest of my hair. (although I did have to reapply at the root above my forehead) . Used to use Feria, but they don't have a color similar to this one. The conditioner appears to make my hair nice and shiny, but will probably use my usual conditioners after my next wash.
True to color-no red highlights as with most brown shades even the ash ones.
Will report back after a couple of weeks as to how long this lasts.

on 9/28/2012 11:33:00 PM

Ok I hardly ever write reviews, but this is an exceptional product. Use as directed please apply to roots add conditioner to your previously dyed hair fill the remaining bottle with water, shake mix and apply. I used butterscotch boom on my brassy red hair and it neutralized the red and I was left with gorgeous salon like color! Brilliant! Do not leave on for more than 10 minutes.

After several days reading reviews and after many disasters with other products i decided to take a chance with this brand and i'm glad i did.My natural hair colour is dark blonde/light brown with light ends,i used to go to a salon to get highlights but it is expensive and many times ended up in tears as they very seldom get it right.So after months dying my hair at home and with brassy tired looking roots which made me look haggard i had enough and this morning i bought Clairol perfect 10 9A light ash blonde and turned out exactly as it shows on the box.Very natural looking,not too dark not too light,it has lifted the colour from the roots without turning brassy,orange or red,and blends perfectly with the lenghts,if you are looking for platinum blonde this is not the product for you,if you want natural light blonde hair this is it! when i applied the colour my hair felt dry,it was already dry from previous disasters,but after rinsing it and applying the conditioner my hair is now softer than i can remember.I'm very happy with the results and will be using this product from now on.Thank you perfect 10!