Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.2

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was excited about using this, I used the Light Ash brown, I loved how the color looked.. My hair is past my shoulders, the container was small and i barely got it covered all my hair. i would need another bottle. I left it on for 15 minutes to cover the small amount of greys i have. It felt tingly on my scalp, The clor came out mutch lighter than expected, my greys were not covered.
Had to buy another brand and dye my hair again,

Dont use if you have greys,white hairs.

on 2/15/2008 7:05:00 PM

The applicator was the best part of this purchase. I'll keep it and use it again. Considering all the hype about this product, I didn't find the color great at all. My biggest complaint is that my roots ended up much lighter than the rest, even though both my current and new color were almost exactly the same. What a dissapointment.

on 2/23/2008 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I used Light Ash Brown - which contrary to a previous review on this shade, it turned much darker than I expected (I use light ash brown from some of the other home hair colour brands and it lifts colour - no so with this).

The colour is ok, my hair is still in good shape, and I really like the applicator. There isn't as much product as I would like, and I think some areas didn't receive as much as they should have as I beleive the end result is a bit uneven.

Overall, "not bad" - I will repurchase to get the applicator again, and then reuse it with another brand of hair dye.

on 2/26/2008 2:07:00 AM

I tried this in the Lightest Blonde color and was really surprised at how well it covered my roots and how long the color has lasted. I have (once natural blonde hair) been getting my hair colored at the salon but decided I needed to save $. This fit the bill perfectly & gave me similiar results. I will say that my hair felt very straw-like when I first rinsed the color out, but the wonderful conditioner included made my hair glossy, shiny & smooth. I gave it a 4 out of 5 because it is a bit pricier than most hair color kits and it smells a bit toxic. The brush tip was OK; not great. I ended up using my gloved fingers to fully distribute it. I will buy & use again!

on 2/27/2008 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After three years of coloring my hair a bright, coppery red tone, I wanted to try to return to my natural color (a medium-dark ash brown). I have tried almost every drugstore hair color claiming to be medium ash brown or "cool" brown to minimize the red tones in my hair. I had some okay results with L'Oreal Preference Medium Ash Brown, but everything else faded too fast and the red tones reappeared. Getting frustrated and wishing I could just find a hair color called "Boring Irish Brown", I decided to give this one a whirl (bought Medium Ash Brown). It is the first hairdye to really have a great ash/cool quality to it. It's been about three weeks since I dyed it and I'm very happy to report that NO RED TONES HAVE POPPED UP! It did come out a little darker than a medium brown, but it was still a beautiful color and I've been more concerned with getting the red tones out than having it a little darker. I loved the conditioner as well, it made my hair softer than any other conditioner that comes with hair color. So if you're looking to get red tones out of your hair, this product does the job very well!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this product shortly after its release in the shade called "Full Tilt Toffee". Since I had gray hairs before I had a driver's license, I consider myself something of an expert in home hair color. I do use the salon, too, but I have very dark hair and those silver streaks at the roots become noticeable too quickly for me to drop $150 on hiding them every time. I've tried a wide range of hair color brands, including Natural Instincts, Preference, Excellence, Natural Match, Garnier, and Feria. My experience with brunette colors is that they nearly always come out darker and redder than the box would indicate. This is the first time that I've had a result thats truly consistent with the advertising. I love the color, and there is a depth and dimension to it that appears far more natural than other products. My hair is shiny and healthy, and the gray coverage is both more complete and longer lasting than any comparable at home product. In the past I would alternate between Natural Instincts and some permanent color to lessen the damage to my hair, but this product doesn't seem to dry it out at all! I also love the comb applicator nozzle; makes life easier, especially with a runnier formula. I will happily repurchase this when my roots start to show!
Edit in response to other reviews:
This product is more concentrated than other permanent hair colors, thus it only takes ten minutes to work. If you take ten minutes to apply it, and then let it sit for ten minutes, then it sits for twenty minutes or more on the first portion you applied to, which is typically your roots. Heat from your scalp also significantly speeds the chemical reaction at the roots. The result: "two tone" hair in a color inconsistent with the promised results. I realize that no product will work for everyone, but I truly believe that some of the people with dramatic mishaps may have inadvertently left the dye on for far longer than intended. When I use this or any permanent color, I begin timing when I start application, knowing that the two minutes or so I spend on my roots is part of the total time. My more porous ends absorb color more quickly and I'm left with even, beautiful color. Granted, my hair is quite short, but you get the general idea. I still highly recommend this, with the precaution that you have to be experienced with home hair color kits and follow the directions carefully and efficiently. I hope everyone isn't discouraged from trying Perfect 10, because I will be heartbroken if it's DC'd!

on 3/8/2008 4:09:00 PM

Oh, no, I wouldn't buy this crap again. If only I'd read the reviews. One box is not enough if you have long hair, but the price is ridiculous enough that I wouldn't want to pay for 2 boxes at a time. Secondly, while it only takes 10 minutes, the color doesn't hold AT ALL. The applicator seemed cool, but it drips everywhere-it's certainly not less messy. All-in-all I hate this product with an all-consuming passion. More than I've ever hated any hair color before. Yuck.

on 3/13/2008 12:16:00 PM

Will never use again! Lies lies lies! I always use Nice 'n Easy Grey solution-it really is the only thing that will cover my greys and the colour is exactly perfect-medium brown.I have used literally every drugstore brand but this is the one I always go back to. I thought I would be safe using the same colour by the same manufacturer but no-I was left with RED roots and BLACK ends with a sort of auburn in between. I was shocked, and had to dye my hair the week after because I just couldn't stand it anymore. It may be back to normal after a couple more months. We'll see.
**EDIT** My sister loved this, so she talked me into trying it again. I left it on for 25 minutes this time and almost got what I wanted. Still slightly red at the roots-which is odd because I used a medium ash brown. The 2 good things are the conditioner-amazing -and it doesn't stain the scalp. May purchase again, but not sure.

Application wasn't too difficult. The ammonia smell was atrocious! My eyes stung, my lungs burned, it was more pungent that any other hair dye I have ever used. On the upside the color turned out to be exactly as described on the box. It faded after two weeks, but that could be because I used Feria hair color five weeks prior. The color was beautiful but I would never use this product again. My bathroom is too small and the fumes are just terrible. It also fried my hair.

on 3/13/2008 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I normally use the Natural Instincts dyes in the light brown shades so I thought since it's also Clairol, the "chocolate shake" would be perfect....um, not so much. If chocolate shake means Donald Trump-ish orange roots with muddy deep brown hair then I really must not know what chocolate looks like. On the plus side, the conditioner was good and my hair was soft. The applicator is cool too but not enough to ever make me purchase again...im just hoping it'll fade enough to be light brown again.