3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

I have been using this product for several years and am very happy with it. I dye my hair every four weeks to cover grey and have very long hair. It looks like the result with this product varies greatly from person to person. As a long time user I would make one recommendation, pick one shade lighter than your usual, this brand tends to be rather dark. I dye my hair light brown and it looks exactly like the color on the medium brown box. I would not say that perfect 10 is comparable to salon color, but it is the best box color that I have used.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

I used medium brown #5 last night, and I am quite pleased with the results. My hair was about 10% gray, and the coverage is perfect. Overall, the color is a lovely chocolate brown...very natural looking. I'm not sure why the bad reviews for this, but I think its great.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

9 years ago

I have naturally blonde hair as I am swedish but in the Winter the roots get a bit darker, not a lot but a little bit, and I want to lighten them up. I buy this in Lightest Blonde. This is perfect because it is so easy and it does not over bleach my hair but just lightens it enough to make the roots less noticeable and it always come out great. It is really good when I just do not want to shell out to go the hairdressers and also when I do I tend to think that they lighten it too much and it looks to harsh and almost like a helmet but this stuff is really good! Have bought again and again.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

1.0

9 years ago

PERFECT 10 - MEDIUM ASH BROWN 5A If you want to cry your eyes out like I did. buy two packages of this crap. and ruin your long thick locks. i have dark brown hair and had brassy orangey reddish roots, 'ash brown'? you'd think that would at the least make it a little less noticeable. WRONG. the complete opposite. I can now make it safely across the streets at nite. i literally GLOW in the dark. effin liars. thats what these marketers are. ash my ass.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

from

9 years ago

Out of the store bought hair dyes this one is the one I stick with. It gives a nice even, deep color, it works fast, and leaves my hair feeling soft. It is a little pricier then other store dyes, but overall the price difference isnt great enough to turn me away from it. And it is still cheaper then a salon visit. The only con with this dye (although I find this with all dyes) is that it does fade faster then some other brands. Other then that, love it.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3.0

9 years ago

My hair felt horrible after using this. I tried the dark auburn and I ended up looking like a total ginger. My hair was totally orange and fried. I had to immediately go out and buy another brand of hair dye to fix it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

1.0

9 years ago

Well all I have to say is my hair turned blue! Yikes

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

2.0

9 years ago

I should have come here to read the reviews first. We live, we learn... I tried to lift red from my hair and didnt have very nice results so i went to my fallback plan of dyeing it dark brunette (something i like anyway, so i was happy and willing to do so) I picked up the medium ash brown because it said it would help minimise red tones. I had to use two boxes - my hair isnt so long but quite thick - and i left it on for the 10 minutes and didnt want to go longer just because the whole 'ACTS SUPER FAST' thing freaked me out a tad. I had help, so i didnt actually use the comb tool myself. They seemed to be fine with it and they did get all my hair perfectly, so i assume its not so bad to use. I got some considerable stinging on my scalp which i pushed through and ignored, perhaps i shouldnt have. Very chemically smell, too. but, its hairdye, right? its chemicals. When it came to washing my hair, i nearly cried. My hair had been transformed into a black matted mess. I have dyed my hair several times before, used several different brands and my hair has NEVER felt like this. my natural hair texture is lovely but dye and bleach has made it a bit dry - nothing compared to this. I couldnt even wash all the dye out properly - i ended up slapping on loads of the conditioner, which is mercifully very very good - and combing through my hair before really managing to get it all out. though it was a bit dark, i did like the colour and my hair seemed okay despite the matted hair fiasco - but after ONE WASH i can see my dyed red hair coming through again and I can see my roots, which have taken on a greenish tinge. Pass this one by. your hair will thank you and you'll get better results with something like Garnier Nutrisse, which do very good dark colours. wish i had stuck with them :( all the points are for is the conditioner.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

9 years ago

I used clairol perfect 10 in light chocolate brown 6WN and the color was gorgeous but it really dried my hair out. I normally use clairol nice and easy in the 30 minute dye and have never had issues with dryness. The Perfect 10 on the other hand left my hair feeling damaged. I will never again do a 10 minute dye. This is unfortunate because the color was so beautiful and very natural, it is my exact hair color without the greys!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

9 years ago

There seems to be more colorant with this than any other at home coloring kit. I started getting grays and need to color my hair on a regular basis. I have a hard time with colors as I need a very cool, ashy tone otherwise my hair looks to red or brassy. I use the medium ash brown. It really does adhere in 10 minutes, but has nice, natural highlights rather than just flat, opaque color. My hair is soft and shiny afterward. I have so much hair I have to buy two boxes, but most people should be fine with one given the larger size color tube with this kit.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

Age30-35