Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

2.6

on 3/16/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't color my hair often, but i have used a number of different products, so i am familiar with the process. I have medium-dark brown hair, so i don't expect any extreme color change. I now have a few white hairs scattered through my hair, and a lot of white at the temples. My hair is butt length, so the ends are a bit more fragile.
Perfect 10 claims to cover grey, and that was what i mostly was looking for. The foam is easy to use and doesn't drip. I started with the grey at the temples, to get max coverage, so by the time it had been on most of my hair for 10 minutes, it had been on the grey closer to 20.
Well, it was a bust. I picked what looked like a neutral brown - i don't recall which color now, either medium ash brown or light cool brown. It made most of my hair reddish. When i want reddish hair, that's great, but in this case i did NOT. It took a couple months before it washed down to the color on the box. Second, it did jack squat about covering my greys - well, ok, they had a very faded blonde look.
This stuff was one failure after another, except for the ease of application, which just doesn't cut it if the color is bad. Never again. This as an Imperfect 0.

on 10/28/2011 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I know that normally this is quite high priced for a DIY color but got it on clearance for less than $3 @ Walgreens.
PLUS, IT WAS IN MY PERFECT COLOR!!

I also got 2 'John Frieda' foam kits at the same time on clearance, again in my color.

This is the best my hair has ever turned out, including in shops. When I use up my 2 'John Friedas', will definitely be buying this brand, at whatever cost.

The color turned out perfectly, true to the box, even covering the gray around my face.

It only took 10 min. and this is the 1st time our bathroom doesn't look like someone had the 'runs' all over the walls and floor. (The DH will be so pleased when he gets home from work.lol)

I didn't find the odor too offensive either, but did run the BR fan.

I guess, I got a great deal but now realize that you DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. AND FROM NOW ON WILL BE WILLING TO PAY THE $12, FULL PRICE FOR IT IN THE FUTURE.

I had a horrible coloring experience in July using 'Clairol's Nice N Easy Foam'. The light auburn turned out almost black with purplish tinges in it. HORRIBLE! I swore I'd never buy another 'Clairol' product again, but this has changed my mind. (When my hair got all screwed up in July, Clairol sent me a coupon for a box of their semi-permanent 'Herbal Essences', to try to make up for it.

I can only hope that they don't D/C this color. That would be my luck.

If something changes with this review, such as the color not staying or my hair condition going bad, will edit it.

This dye is great- I've used it in 3 colors I think, and they've all gone really well but be warned, it fades so quickly! Maybe you need to leave it on for longer, but generally it does fade very fast.

This is a great dye to use when you've botched your hair color and need a quick fix! I used it when that happened to me and it was a huge relief. No damage really. By the way, if you want to use light chocolate brown, it shows up with a purple tint.

on 5/5/2010 8:15:00 AM

I used LIGHT CHOCOLATE BROWN. Had never tried this product before and liked the idea of just 10 minutes. I used it yesterday and don't know how quickly it will become lighter - but it is very very dark. PLUS it appears burgundy and even more purple in the light. I should have known when I saw the plastic gloves turning grapejuice purple - but thought it couldn't possibly be what my color would be. Although it is more of a dark burgundy than grape juice purple, it is kind of nice with lots of shimmer but just way too dark for me. Very good coverage to my grey.

There were more sprays of the dye around my work area than usual (I had been using L'Oreal Preference and Excellence). My hair felt very coarse after applying it but after using the conditioner it looks smooth and bouncey. I have no idea what this will lighten to after shampooing but my hair is too dry to try to re-color it at this time. I chose no for buying this product again since I would not choose this color.

on 11/25/2009 1:13:00 AM

I'm editing my review from several years ago. This color ruined my hair and I had to cut it.

My neighbor just came over to my house. She put this color on her hair this morning, and I've never seen a more awful rats nest. Her hair almost seems...melted. She is definitely going to have to cut a lot of hair off,

I have no idea why some love it and others end up with severely damaged hair, and I have no idea why a product so unreliable is still on the market.

I'm just saying BE CAREFUL what you put on your hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Turning 60 next year, so need to give Mother Nature a helping hand...Had very dark brown hair in my youth (which developed dark red undertones if I really spent a lot of time in the sun), but that is too aging a color now. Ladies, did you know that dark hair colors ATTRACT THE EYE to every dark shadow Father time has etched on your face. Not a good idea. Go one or two shades lighter. So now I use 2/3 shade 5A and 1/3 5G (what they call Golden, but is actually warm and has a reddish cast to it). It covers the grey well and adds a lustre to the hair... see my reviews of Redken All soft shampoo/conditioner for maintaining the lustre.

ADDENDUM: developed an allergy, broke out in hives, itching, had to go to the hospital ER pronto
So -gave it up cold turkey, and have gradually gone silver or platinum whatever you want to call it- my hair has regained its lustre and body since I have not been putting dyes on it, and I get lots of compliments
about my hair. Enjoyed the change from gold to silver jewelry, wear the silver on my head happily, and I'm not going back to dying it. Spending the money on other things....

on 9/20/2008 12:47:00 PM

I have been coloring my hair for about 45 years.. NEVER use this product if you have predominately grey hair.

I didn't have the burning or itching.. I had the color actually flaking from my hair shafts and coming off on the towel 1 and 2 weeks later.

Maybe I'll try the Garnier.. usually use Clairol Preference.

on 8/18/2008 10:52:00 PM

If you want a color different from the name and picture on the box, a head that itches for days and a big gooey mess in the bathroom, THIS is the haircolor for you. I'm so sorry Garnier Nutrisse - I'm coming back to you. Please forgive me for the betrayal. It may be quicker, but ladies, it isn't worth it.Perfect 10 is a Perfect Zero.