Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.0

on 12/3/2016 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my favorite permanent hair color for at least the past year and over the 30 years I've been coloring I've tried lots of different brands. Now I color to cover grays and give my hair a nice shine. I love that this processes in 10 minutes instead of the usual 25 or so. Keep in mind when choosing a color that it's going to be darker than you're anticipating so it might be a good idea to choose one shade lighter than what you want the first time you color. My natural hair is a very dark brown and I color using medium brown. After the first week or so the color does fade a bit and after three weeks or so you can see that my natural color is a bit darker but by then it's time to color again. My hair is long, past my shoulders, but since I only do my roots there's plenty of color in the bottle. My hair always looks and feels fantastic after I color.

on 7/13/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This hair color is fantastic! Fell into a panic when I stopped seeing it in stores, but when it recently appeared on shelves again at Target I bought all the boxes in my color. I have been coloring my hair my entire life, since I first started turning grey in college. My greys are now plentiful and VERY resistant. This is the only hair color that consistently covers the grey completely and still leaves my hair soft and shiny. L'Oreal gets prime shelf space everywhere (I'm sure they pay $$$ for that), but every time I've tried any L'Oreal hair color it dried out my hair terribly. Clairol has been my go-to for the last several years, and Perfect 10 is the perfect, strong color my resistent greys require--and I don't need to leave it on my head for an hour!
Oh! I find the comb to work beautifully. Mind, since I re-color regularly I only do the roots and don't comb the color it all the way through my hair. But the comb makes it very easy to cover all the roots completely in a short period of time.
Great color, great product!

I'm on the fence about this one. I bought the color Lightest Cool Brown, because I wanted to cover some brassy tones in my light brown hair. This gave me the exact color I wanted...a soft cool brown that was multi-tonal (either that, or I missed a few spots). It got rid of most of the brassy color, and the few highlights showing through look very natural. I'd be really happy with this, except for the fact that I think I fried my hair. During the application process, I couldn't used the comb applicator, because my hair felt tangled, and all the comb did was get stuck, I ended up just using the regular tip. It also had a pretty strong odor, but it didn't burn or sting my scalp. When I was rinsing the dye, my hair felt like straw! I can't say it was all that whoopee before, but the dye left it crunchy. After applying the after color conditioner, it felt much better, but you know damage was done. I also lost a couple handfuls of hair. I can't say I'll use this again, even though it's the perfect color. We'll see how long it takes to fade, and how quickly the grays show up again. As a note, I used L'Oreal Excellence Crème about two months ago. I didn't care for the color, and it washed out within a few shampoos, but it didn't do so much damage. I guess I'll keep looking.

on 3/25/2013 4:15:00 PM

Bought this in Medium Ash Brown to cover the reddish color that I dyed my hair last month. Unfortunately, it did not take the red out. In fact, my hair seems to have more red highlights. Waste of money.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Just colored with the perfect 10 shade 5A-medium ash brown for the first time and am very happy with the results. It is the only at home color that covered my grays thoroughly-others have covered the gray but the color was much lighter on the gray than the rest. This one colored the gray making the grays the same color as the rest of my hair. (although I did have to reapply at the root above my forehead) . Used to use Feria, but they don't have a color similar to this one. The conditioner appears to make my hair nice and shiny, but will probably use my usual conditioners after my next wash.
True to color-no red highlights as with most brown shades even the ash ones.
Will report back after a couple of weeks as to how long this lasts.

on 10/28/2012 2:06:00 PM

I purchased and used this product specifically to try for LOWLIGHTS in my hair, not all over colour. I thought I would share my experience in case anyone was thinking of trying the same thing. I used 6WN - light chocolate brown. My natural colour is light brown mousey on the warm side, with some silvery grey. I don't do all over colour - in the salon I get highlights/lowlights. I got this kit to tide me over because my girl was all booked up and I *needed* a colour boost for an upcoming trip. I picked this particular kit because of the comb applicator. My plan was to just 'streak" some colour through my hair with the comb, and just let it sit like that (rather than following the instructions and mixing it all through my hair).

Generally speaking, the process was easy, and my hair turned out well conditioned. I DID achieve a lowlight look. Although I just "streaked" the colour on, I still seem to have ended up with a lot of my hair coloured. Some of my old highlights and my grey streaks still show through, which is what I wanted. (My highlights are about two and a half months old).

In some areas (virgin hair/roots in particular) I got a definite red coming through. I don't mind that because I know my hair has that "lean" to it. I also know that in my case, this red effect tones down very quickly. It's not an issue for me but I mention because it may be undesirable for others.

I gave this kit four stars because it did what I wanted. I knew I wasn't going to get quite the same effect as salon foils so I didn't have super high expectations to begin with It is also just a "tide-me-over" for a month until I go for my usual highlight/lowlight at the salon. So, all that considered, I'm happy with the result.

For what it's worth, once I had the colour on I got completely terrified that it was going to look horrible (I was not using it according to directions after all, so no one to blame but myself if it bombed).... so yes I definitely had my moment of panic. However it did come out acceptably well for me - no tears, no emergency calls to the salon! (I don't normally write such long reviews but I wanted to describe my experience for anyone who was thinking of trying the same thing).

Oh, and I indicated that I would not purchase again, but that is only because I normally don't dare colour my hair at home, and I don't plan on doing this all the time. (I posted some photos of during the process and the after result on my profile page, for anyone who wants to see the outcome).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have used NUmerous OTC hair dyes, & not one of them worked as well as Perfect 10 to cover my grays, nor did they come close to matching my own hair color like this dye has. I start by doing the roots, then add dye to remaining hair. 10 minutes later I have all over perfect color, with no reddish brown tint. I'm a level 4 dark brown with a slight red tone to my hair, & this dye covers that completely.

I had no adverse reaction to this dye, but for those who are trying it the 1st time, do a patch test like you're told to do! Dont come back & blame the product for scalp irritation, when you didn't do a patch test!

I apply the barrier cream by Sally Beauty around my hairline, neckline & ears. That stuff is amazing as it actually dries on your skin, blocking all dye from staining your skin.

I see many reviews from women who say this & other hair dyes leave their hair coarse & dry. Why? Because dying opens the cuticle of the hair! The cuticle needs sealed after dying. I use Joico cuticle sealer after I rinse the dye from my hair. I do not shampoo first before using the sealer, & niether did my stylist when she used it. Leave the sealer on 5 mins, rinse well, then apply your conditioner. Do not skip your conditioner after a cuticle sealer! Not only will your hair feel like silk, your color is now sealed in & will last a very long time if you use sulfate free shampoo & conditioner.

I was paying $60 for salon dying, & I have short hair. I get just as good if not better results now with Perfect 10. So the price of this hair dye to me, is well worth it. And buy that Joico cuticle sealer, if you are an at home hair dyer!

on 6/10/2012 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product since it came out. It is rather pricey. It is easy to apply and works fast. I do have dark brown hair so I apply it to the front roots for 10 minutes, then apply it allover for 10 more. It is a good blend and does not easily stain the scalp. The smell is gentler than others too. The conditioner is amazing!
It lasts 4-6 weeks for me, and I have a lot of trouble with hair colors not lasting long so this is really good. By then I have new growth anyway.
It is the best product I have tried for over the counter products.
It is more costly than the others but being I apply it less often, it comes out rather even.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

be very careful using this. i left it on too long and it damaged my very long hair. cant even get my fingers through my hair at the roots. may end up cutting it all off.

on 3/26/2012 10:13:00 PM

LOVED this product--covered my grey in 9 minutes--left my hair natural, blonde, soft and shiny--purchased color in #8--a medium blonde--will definitely repurchase this excellent hair color!!

Popular Hair Color Products