Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought espresso which is the darkest brown. when i applied it i could see it wasnt brown at all, it was black. i left it on for the 10 minutes and upon drying, confirmed this hair dye was black as I had thought and not brown at all. i am ok with it being darker as my natural colour is quite dark but it is still not the colour I was going for. the smell is quite strong but I do love the fact it processes in 10 minutes. i didnt find it did a lot of damage which was good.

on 8/26/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I accidentally grabbed this in a medium brown shade when I meant to grab the dark brown, so I was leary about trying it since the last dye I used only seemed to dye the crown and random strands of hair. I decided to try it since a lot of reviews claimed that it ran darker than it was supposed to and it actually did, it seems to be a dark brown. It still only really dyed the crown and random strands of hair. I think my native american heritage keeps my hair from lightening properly, but it doesn't look all that bad actually. Anyhow, the comb attachment is very messy so I took it off and used the nossle. It has a VERY strong smell that lasted even after all of it was rinsed and the conditioner was applied. I think I can still smell it even after a few days and shampoo. The color is good but it's just so messy and I don't like the strong smell so this is a never again purchase

UPDATE: The color fades very quickly

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used 9A Light Ash Blonde. I was hoping to match my roots to the already bleached highlights I had done at the salon and can't afford to get redone. I had previously used a standard Nice 'N Easy. Perfect 10 says it reduces red tones because it's an ash shade. Ummm, no. It brought ALL my red tones out whereas a standard Nice 'N Easy shade with the same statement doesn't. And it didn't cover my few grey hairs. I've also noticed that it's hard to find even if I wanted to try it again. I'll go back to normal Nice 'N Easy. Pretty cool that it works in 10 minutes though.

on 2/15/2013 7:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I used this awhile ago when i prelightened my hair, i chose a medium chocolate auburn colour. I have to say that the colours from this brand are the best colours out of all the home dye brands i have tried possibly 90% of them home colour brands over the years. Nice n easy is by far the best. Now the downside... It fades very quickly BUT my hair a few years ago WAS bleached (pre-lightened) to get the jet black hair dye out that i had sported for about 10 years. So my hair was chemically treated and most people know that when you apply colour to heavily chemically treated hair there are two possible outcomes 1./ either the colour will grab like a monkey to its mother onto the chemically treated parts because it is porous (dry) and will suck up the colour like sponge OR 2./ The colour will go into the hair shaft of the chemically treated parts and fall right back out again after a few washes due to the protective layer that should seal after colouring being damaged due to things like bleaching and perming. No2 is what happened to me, before i was knowledgable on these things. So now of recent years I havent tried Perfect 10 on my hair its not been messed about with lots of chemicals since then but i must say that Perfect 10 to me is just a watered down version of the Nice n Easy original brand, it just has a few more warmer colours to choose from. Those colours are gorgeous dont get me wrong yummy chocolatey colours they do have ...but to get "the whole packege deal" go for the original Nice and Easy.

on 9/28/2012 11:33:00 PM

Ok I hardly ever write reviews, but this is an exceptional product. Use as directed please apply to roots add conditioner to your previously dyed hair fill the remaining bottle with water, shake mix and apply. I used butterscotch boom on my brassy red hair and it neutralized the red and I was left with gorgeous salon like color! Brilliant! Do not leave on for more than 10 minutes.

After several days reading reviews and after many disasters with other products i decided to take a chance with this brand and i'm glad i did.My natural hair colour is dark blonde/light brown with light ends,i used to go to a salon to get highlights but it is expensive and many times ended up in tears as they very seldom get it right.So after months dying my hair at home and with brassy tired looking roots which made me look haggard i had enough and this morning i bought Clairol perfect 10 9A light ash blonde and turned out exactly as it shows on the box.Very natural looking,not too dark not too light,it has lifted the colour from the roots without turning brassy,orange or red,and blends perfectly with the lenghts,if you are looking for platinum blonde this is not the product for you,if you want natural light blonde hair this is it! when i applied the colour my hair felt dry,it was already dry from previous disasters,but after rinsing it and applying the conditioner my hair is now softer than i can remember.I'm very happy with the results and will be using this product from now on.Thank you perfect 10!

on 9/5/2012 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Had to write a review on this one. I am very impressed. First of all, I love that it only takes 10 minutes as I have no patience for anything. It is a bit strong but it has to work double duty I suppose.
I got light brown (chocolate shake) I wanted a good base color for future highlights and I also wanted to cover up my gross current faded golden brown which had become a murky gross nothing shade.
I Left it on 10 minutes, while washing it out it did feel a tad dry but after applying the gorgeous conditioner (which does smell like coconuts btw) my hair was soft and manageable, so easy to comb through and blowed dry to a very shiny, healthy looking head of hair. The colour was dark but no darker than any other box dye, they always are a tad on the dark side at first because they will fade. This was no darker than I was expecting and i love the colour. In a weeks time it will be perf. I would use this again. P.|S. I would also like to add that I can't believe how heatlhy this makes my hair feel, even days after. Normally I find hair colour coats my hair and makes it feel sticky or staticky or something. This still just feels glossy and healthy.
Like others have mentioned, I am also very impressed by the dimmension it gives my hair. I always hate how flat box dye can make your hair look but this stuff is beautiful and very natural-looking.

on 6/23/2012 12:12:00 PM

Switched to Light Auburn 6R to save money. I see this award-winning colourist who gives me a *deal* at 100$ a pop on basic, single process colour on very short hair (and that's only because I have been a client for YEARS and followed her around when she moved salons, etc).

Let me tell you: this is the ONLY drugstore colour that has EVER come close to (or might even be a little better than! gasp!) the custom colour I have mixed for me at the salon. I did end up with slightly hot roots, but it was my fault. I left it on for like 30 minutes.

The light Auburn turns out a bit darker than the box, but not significantly so. The colour is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous (a perfect designer warm, medium red...none of that ugly blue red drugstore colours of this depth almost always end up being....bleh!) and hair is so soft after using the conditioner.

Even if it does end up fading (salon reds do, too, ladies....you have to use depositing products or just learn to accept it), at this price, I can afford to colour every two weeks! Love! Will repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this haircolor! I just did my hair with it, using shade #5A Medium Ash Brown, and it did take almost no time at all for it to color. I have naturally dark brown hair with about 10%-15% gray in it. I was quite skeptical at first, since it says it works in only 10 minutes and completely covers gray. I actually left it in 12 minutes since my gray is on the resistant side. There was no strong odor and it was very easy to apply (I alternated between using the applicator tip and the comb). It wasn't damaging to my hair at all, and the grays are completely gone! The conditioner is very nice and it does makes your hair feel very soft and silky. Well it is slightly darker than I thought it would be (more like a darkest brown color), but I know that it will fade bit by bit over time, and I do love the results. I'll have to write another review as far as how long it will last in my hair, but so far so good, I love this haircolor. The only downside is that it's not on the cheap side, but luckily when I bought it, it was on sale and plus had a coupon to knock the price down a bit more. I do believe that this will be my main haircolor-it's quick, it's easy to apply, and as I have already said, the results are fantastic!

Update: It's been about 3 weeks now since I've colored my hair with this, and I'm still quite impressed! Usually, with me, after about 2 weeks, the grays start to show through (not on a large scale, but at the roots, still not noticeable to anyone else but me), but with this, the grays are very minimal in showing! My hair has faded to the medium brown shade that I desire with very little brassiness (you've got to expect a bit of brassiness with brown haircolor, even if it's an ash tone-that's how you distinguish between brown and black haircolors). But my hair still looks great. So yes, I can say that this is quite lasting since it's been almost a month and the gray is just now beginning to show. Will definitely buy this again!

on 1/27/2012 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used this in the ‘Medium Auburn’ shade, and I am quite pleased with it. It did exactly what I wanted it to do, which was add some reddish tones to my medium-brown hair. I picked this up on clearance at CVS for under $3, so I was quite nervous to use it in the first place, thinking it must be on clearance for a reason. I am pleased with the results and even went and purchased a back-up, since I’m assuming this is a discontinued shade.

I skipped the ‘patch test’ since I’m not usually sensitive to hair dyes, and fortunately I didn’t have any sensitivity or reaction to this product. I found this kit easy to use, and the whole process start-to-finish probably took 20 minutes. I was a bit nervous when I mixed the color crème & the developer because it turned an awful greenish-brown color, but after applied it turned a deep burgundy brown. I didn’t find the smell particularly pleasant, but it wasn’t overpowering either. It had kind of a fruity-chemical scent. There was more than enough product to saturate my shoulder-length hair. I used the comb ‘attachment’ and I found it made applying & distributing the product easy. I made sure to brush/comb through my curly/wavy hair before applying, anyways.

I watched the clock for 10 minutes, then hopped in the shower to rinse. It rinsed fairly easily, though I rinsed for a good 3 minutes, at least, just to insure all the product was out. My hair felt very dry & ‘straw like’ as I was rinsing, but I applied the included conditioner and that seemed to help. A week later, and my hair does not feel any drier or damaged in texture as a result of dying it.

I am satisfied with the color result. I just wanted a subtle color change and that is what I got. I would say my final shade is a light-medium reddish-brown, instead of the brighter reddish shade pictured on the box. The color is even, and it has only faded slightly in the past week since I colored it.

Bottom line, I thought the kit was easy to use and I liked the comb applicator. I am happy with the color result and it seemed to leave my hair in good condition. I realize that opinions are highly subjective depending on your hair’s color, condition, shade purchased, desired results, etc., etc., etc. , but for my medium length, medium brown hair, this gave me just the color boost I was looking for, with minimal effort.

Popular Hair Color Products