Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.7

on 7/13/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've changed my hair a lot over the years but I always try to find the colour I want in this brand! I think the plus point about this is that it only takes 10 minutes to develop so if your after a quick root touch up or a quick dye this is the product for you! I recently used golden medium brown and it's a nice colour but I find that my hair is so shiny and looks in good condition after I've dyed it! I also really like the perfect 10 conditioner you get in the box. It only needs to be left on for 2 minutes but it does wonders for your hair!!

After checking out a really good review of this on the internet, I took the plunge and purchased it. I wanted to go from light golden blonde to an ashy dark blonde colour. I chose medium ash blonde 7.5, instead of dark blonde as I wanted the ash tones.

I found it easy enough to apply, and although I didn't really use the comb applicator, I thought it was a good idea. I got quite scared at how dark it seemed to be going within the 10 minutes, but after washing it off and drying it, I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty much an exact match of the colour I originally wanted. (Very similar to the box colour)
The coverage was even, and my hair actually looked shiny and in better condition after being coloured. It wasn't a flat colour (as I've found with other dyes) but quite multi-tonal.
Having said in the past I'd never bother with a box dye again, I'm actually really pleased I took a risk with this!
Definitely the best box dye I've tried.

on 10/6/2011 11:22:00 AM

I used the Perfect 10 in Lightest Cool Brown for my review. For reference, my hair was previously a darkish strawberry blonde color that had too much orange for my liking. It wasn't super noticable, but there was a definite orange tint, which is why I wanted a cool color to counteract it. My hair is also rather dry and porous, and is rather wavy.

Anyway, as for the application, I rather liked the comb attachment, although I didn't use it for the whole head. I felt that the comb helped me to get my roots better than I normally can on my own. After color was on my roots, though, it didn't really help much as I tried to pull the comb through the rest of my hair. It just wound up getting tangled, so I took it off and used the other attachment and my hands to work it through the rest of my hair. This dye was a little messy, but not really any messier than most other brands of dye that I've tried. It's just more of a liquid than a cream, so keep that in mind and protect the counter and your skin.

I left the dye on for 6 minutes instead of 10 because I didn't want my hair to get too dark, plus I took a little longer than I figured most people might putting the color on my hair. Once I got into the shower, it took about the average time to rinse out of my hair. I then used the conditioner (which I really liked, by the way), left it on for 3 or 4 minutes, and rinsed.

My hair color is now EXACTLY what I wanted it to be! I'm so thrilled. It's a neutral medium brown color with just a tiny bit of gold. The cool tones did an excellent job of evening out that yucky orange, and truth be told, this color looks like my natural hair color, only a bit darker. I've never found a light brown dye yet that doesn't make my hair pull somewhat warm, but this one did the trick. It's lovely and rich. I agree with another reviewer who said that Perfect 10 leaves the hair with tons of dimension. After a few washes, the subtle highlights come out. It's lovely, even better than I think my stylist could have done!

Since I've only had my hair dyed for about a week, I don't know about fading yet. If it does occur, I may have to modify my review. But so far, I am THRILLED! This stuff is worth the extra cost in my book!

on 5/2/2011 5:38:00 PM

I bought this in 'Dark Auburn' - the box showed a lovely deep red/brown, I'm sitting here looking alarmingly ginger. It's aggressively lightened my hair from it's natural dark brown colour (I just wanted to add some red tones) and while it's not an awful colour, it's NOT what I wanted or expected.

However that's not the worst thing about this product. It's really tricky to use owing to a much runnier texture than other dyes I've tried, it's a good job I covered the floor with an old towel as it dripped everywhere. I've never had any kind of reaction to hair dye, but my scalp feels slightly itchy and sore and I'm really worried I'll wake up tomorrow with weeping sores or something. Yeuch.

The only good points are the packaging, which is nicely designed, and the conditioner, which smells lovely. However I just would NOT use this again, or suggest anyone else does. It's really harsh. I'll stick to L'Oreal in the future.

on 3/19/2011 3:14:00 AM

I use color: 4 Dark Brown. It is the perfect dark brown color, without going black. I'm super impressed with the quality of the color. It's very rich and looks just as it did when I had it done at the salon. I never realized just how convenient the "10 minute" development time would be, until after I experienced it. The only thing about this dye is that it fades fast if you don't use a color-safe shampoo.

(One thing I noticed that is a good AND bad thing is the consistency. It is quite runny. The good thing is that this makes it spread out easier so you don't miss any patches. But the bad thing is it can be messy and splash the counter. I would suggest covering the counter and floor with newspaper.)

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this hair dye! I have been using it for over 2 years. I started out with shade 6r, then 5r, and have settled on 4r which is the darkest red. The color goes on evenly and I dye it every 6 weeks. My hair is always super soft & shiny and smells GREAT after using. Going darker was not a problem and the colors transitioned nicely. I sometimes leave it on longer than 10 minutes and never have had a problem. It does fade a bit *but* I work outside in the sun and I'm sure it doesn't help. By the time the 6 weeks are up I dye my whole head rather than my roots. I don't love using the brush-applicator, I find just squeezing the color into my hand and applying that way is much easier, but I suspect if I was doing just my roots or I had thinner hair the brush applicator would be great. The conditioner included is my favorite and I love that you can buy it separately.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I color my hair professionally now because it is so long, but before that I used to color my hair all the time by myself, and one product I have used is Perfect 10.

The comb attachment just gets in the way. I ended up just squirting it in my hands and running it through my hair that way. I honestly cant remember what the conditioner is like so it must not have been that memorable. It colored well though. 10 minutes seemed okay but always leave my color in for a couple minutes longer. The price jumped up a good five dollars in the past few months so even if I decided to color my hair myself again I'd just a different product. It did the job but I know other products that can as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow I finally found the perfect auburn red color, in the "Light Auburn" shade. Warning though - this isnt a light auburn. its definitely medium auburn. I had been using the "Light Auburn" by ColorSilk, but the color was not even lasting 4 weeks, even though I use a color-protective shampoo/conditioner. This Perfect 10 was the most expensive hair color on the shelf though - I paid $11.99 at CVS. But its well worth it! For one, you only leave it on for 10 minutes, instead of 25 or 30 like with most others. It does smell strongly, so make sure your bathroom is vented well. The formula is perfect - doesnt drip, but at the same time its "liquidy" enough to coat all of my hair. And there was enough product to cover all my hair, which is quite a few inches past my shoulders. I always hate it when I dye my hair and if I lift up some in the back you can see it didnt take up color like the rest. This doesnt happen here! I think its partly to do with the applicator. I was afraid that applicator would be gimmicy, but it was very helpful. I did use the regular nozzle to do the roots first, though. They give you a large tube of conditioner that you're supposed to use once a week after coloring, like what Feria does. It really does help keep the shine and softness going. Definitely if you're looking for a medium auburn, this is it, even though it says Light! I will definitely repurchase.

I figured if I bought the most expensive hair color, it would have great results. Wrong! The color came out so brassy and not at all what the pictured results on the box showed. It looked very unnatural. The dye washed out of my gray strands in one washing and after less than a week I was back to my natural color. It washed completely out in less than a week! This is by no means permanent hair color! Thie applicator is so messy and awkward to use. I have never in my life had so much dye flung around in my bathroom from using an applicator. This hair dye is just a big mess!

Perfect 10 was AWFUL! My hair is now horribly brassy and very very frizzy.

I should have know better than to buy it when I realized how limited the color selection was, but I had heard wonderful things and it only had to process for 10 minutes.

The smell when applying was super-intense and my normally smooth cool-toned, ashy blonde hair is now a golden-yellow brittle mess.

I'm not sure that I would recommend this product to anyone.