Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.2

on 10/3/2013 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had picked up Perfect 10 in shade Lightest cool brown 6.5, I've been trying to get somewhere to my natural hair color for quiet sometime now, till tonight I finally got it and I'm very happy! My hair before I dyed it was ombre, which was a mistake, I didn't dye my hair ombre on purpose. So after that disaster it was redish brown and the ends were a light golden brown (what the heck, right?lol) So I stuck with it for two weeks, conditioned the poop out of my hair and pamperd it. Now my hair is pretty close to my natural hair color that I love.

The packaging, I didn't really like, it was sorta' hard to open and theres too much plastic packaging. Its nice that they give you an option of using the comb or the tip applicator, the forumla was runny so you had to work fast or you'd get it all over yourself. The smell was very strong, I couldn't really breath but its chemicals, what can you expect, right folks?! lol.

During the process my scalp was burning and itching. The conditioner that they provided you was decent. Nothing too special. All in all, I would buy this again, and I'm planning on buying another box very soon to hang onto. The prices vary depending which store you buy it from. I know at Walmart, here in Canada, its about ten bucks, which isn't too bad. But, I had picked this box dye up at a random drugstore and paid fourteen bucks. I don't mind paying alot for a box dye if it promises results, and it did.

I think for now on, I'm going to stick to Perfect 10. I'm glad I tryed it out, I was very against it before, I'll be honest! I had heard it would wreck the hell out of your hair and do nothing. My Mother whos fifty yrs old told me that she loves perfect 10 and swears by it and it workes on her stubborn grey hairs.

Another color thats VERY close to this is Nice n easy 114 Natural light ash brown. Compaire both swatches on Google and check it out. So thank you Clairol for the promising results. I will tell my family/friends about this dye if there interested in coloring their hair! :)

on 5/1/2012 10:44:00 PM

This product is okay. I got the colour in "Ginger in a Snap". it came out a LOT darker than what I was expecting. The packaging is alright, I didn't use the comb attachment at all, but I feel like this doesn't as much dye as other dyes do although it still provides a lot. My hair is down to my shoulder blades, VERY layered, so it's pretty thin and one box just barely covered my hair.

I got this product with a free coupon for it, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it. It is a good product it's just not the colour I was expecting (it's more a dark red than an auburn). Plus this dye has left my scalp insanely itchy.

EDIT: DO NOT BUY THIS. It's been a little over a month since I used this colour and my scalp is still insanely itchy. I've been having to use Head And Shoulders (which is not something you should use with coloured hair) just to relieve the itch a little.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I always color my hair at home because that is what I can afford. I've tried a lot of drugstore dyes, maybe even all of them. Here is a quick overall pro list of this product:
*It does what it claims and the color is same as what the box says
*Colors roots same shade as hair; non brassy
*Is not messy; the least messiest dye I have ever used
*Ease of application
*Helpful instructions
*Time saving
*Great results and overall value.

Here is my in-depth review: I bought this after reading a great review on a beauty blog. The color I chose is Medium Ash Brown. I am naturally ash blonde but choose to dye my hair dark. One problem I've had with drugstore dyes is that the brown shades can run brassy and sometimes leave my blonde roots red and the rest very dark. When you open the package, there are several things: the bottle of dye, the tube of the actual color, a separate plastic brush head applicator, a generous big tube of conditioner, and of course, the instructions and a pair of gloves. I'll break everything down: the gloves fit great and weren't that awful cheap saran wrap texture, but smooth and sort of thick so it allowed more grip. First you empty the color dye into the bottle that looks like the regular one you use: with the cap you cover with one hand while you shake. What's great about this is that you don't need to break the cap open until you've shaken it up because you will use the brush applicator to apply instead! The instructions were very clear to shake for at least 20 seconds which I found helpful. Then I removed the top of the bottle cap and there literally WAS NO MESS. Messiness is one of the worst cons of coloring your hair at home, especially with dark dyes which is what I use. I then applied the brush applicator which is bigger than I expected, and not flimsy at all. It screws on very tight and doesn't feel like it wobbles or will come off. I then started at my roots. My hair is very fine and straight; but I recommend brushing your hair first to get rid of tangles. The brush end of this is very strong and will do a good job though. I squeezed to apply the color to my roots. Another thing I noticed about this compared to other drugstore dyes is that the brunette shades appear clear when I first apply on my roots; this was already the brown shade I wanted and it made me feel relieved I didn't have to wait to watch my roots turn color. I love the fact that you have to squeeze the dye out and it doesn't just run out or have a runny texture, this holds really well and yet again is another factor to why it isn't messy like other dyes. I applied all my roots first and the brush allowed my to really get in between sections that I can get when using other drugstore dye bottles. After my whole head was applied, I let it sit for a little over 10 minutes just to be sure it got dark enough but I'm sure you could go for only 10 especially if you already have dark hair. The smell isn't chemically at all; it smells like grape candy to me. In my opinion, the conditioner smells way better; like coconuts. I have to state again; I got no drips, no mess, and whatever I got on my skin was easy to remove because of the dyes thick texture. I let the conditioner sit on my hair for a long time and applied all over. It left my hair very shiny and detangled so I could run my fingers all the way down without tangles. The big gold star for me was that it actually turned my roots dark instead of red and my whole head was an even, consistent medium ash brown; exactly like what the box said. Now the price is 9.99, a little more than what other drugstore dyes are. For me it is worth every penny; for the results, the no mess factor, the time saving with only needing 10 minutes, the precise instructions, and the overall value. YES it is a perfect 10. I recommend to anyone who wants to color their hair at home or for a lower price than salon and with great results.

I used the Perfect 10 color in Darkest Brown, and yes, it was definitely the darkest brown and looked black right after coloring. I naturally have lighter/medium brown hair and had lots of highlights, so I was more golden colored or blondish brown before using the color. I definitely wanted a big change and love my hair very dark, but it was still a super big change! At first I was a little shocked and decided to try to fade it by using Dawn dish soap. I definitely kept having color coming off in the shower and didn't get the water to run clear for some time! In the end though, although dark, I loved the color and got used to it quickly (and yes, I was able to fade it a tiny bit where it did look like Darkest Brown).

I love that the color is fast to use! I had chest length hair and used 2 boxes. Some of my highlights peaked through in a few spots, but it overall colored most of my layered, thicker hair. I thin my hair a lot with thinning shears, but with the length, I still need 2 boxes. Right after rinsing out the color, my hair felt a little dry and I got concerned, but it felt great after I used the conditioner and felt very silky. It looked nice and shiny after drying.

It definitely didn't seem like a permanent color to me, because after a while, my hair was similar to what the Light Brown box looks like, with bits of gold! It definitely faded a lot on me, but at least it was a month or so with the darker color. It faded evenly as well.

I'd definitely consider using it again, although I'm torn on what color I should use. I would like it just a tad lighter than next time, so I'd consider Dark Brown, but it sounds like that one still comes out more black. I'm concerned that Medium Brown would leave hints of gold in it, even the ash, because that tends to happen with me. I would just start out with a lighter shade than you expect, and you can always go darker! Oh and the smell did bother me (mostly how you have the mild scent of lingering dye ANYTIME you dye your hair though - and how that lasts until at least your next shampoo), but I'm very sensitive to certain scents and am migraine-prone, so I don't think it would be bad to the average person! Last time the lingering scent of dye was bothering me (after washing the dye out and drying and styling it), I went to bed with my dry hair wrapped in a towel (so I wouldn't smell it) and it helped very much!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have dyed my hair since I was 11, and I can quite honestly say this is the worst hair dye I have ever used. Although it says permanent, it blatantly isn't. This washed out of my hair within a month, wasn't even black (I purchased a black one), even though I followed all the instructions to a t (I even test for allergies before I dye my hair).
While I was dying my hair I always have the door open, but even with the door open the smell almost made me be sick, I just couldnt breathe and just constantly had to run to the window because it is a stupidly strong chemical smell, that makes the air so thick! I try not to dye my hair too often because I don't want to damage it, which is why I was excited about the idea of a 10 minute solution, however this was overpriced and a waste of money!

on 2/10/2011 11:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have been dying my own hair for 5 years now, and this is my new favorite! I like that it only takes 10 min, so it feels less damaging, and the applicator makes doing roots so much easier. The first time I used this, I did dark auburn. My hair was already a medium brown with red blended highlights, and the dark auburn looked so beautiful over it! I just did my hair again the other day, this time (wanting to go more to my natural hair color- finally!) I used medium ash brown. This color is amazing! I have cool toned skin, so this color works perfectly with it. My mom also uses this brand (she colors her hair blond) and it looks so beautiful and natural on her as well.

on 1/4/2011 6:58:00 AM

I have naturally blonde hair as I am swedish but in the Winter the roots get a bit darker, not a lot but a little bit, and I want to lighten them up. I buy this in Lightest Blonde. This is perfect because it is so easy and it does not over bleach my hair but just lightens it enough to make the roots less noticeable and it always come out great. It is really good when I just do not want to shell out to go the hairdressers and also when I do I tend to think that they lighten it too much and it looks to harsh and almost like a helmet but this stuff is really good! Have bought again and again.

on 11/23/2010 12:05:00 PM

Well all I have to say is my hair turned blue! Yikes

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is an ok hair color kit. I have tried the Light Blonde shade 9. It was a quick dye job. The comb attachment was fabulous and it made it super simple to put the dye on my hair. There is plenty of dye. I have long hair and usually finish the whole bottle, but this had plenty of dye to finish my hair and still have some left. The tube of dye was a pain. It is in a metal tube that you have to squeeze. I found it was very hard to get all of the dye out. The color itself went on pretty true to the box. I do think that because it is so quick it does kind of a half fast job. My color looks alright. Not to rich or shiny. Not special and I finding that it is wearing off really quickly. I usually can go 6 weeks without dying, but honestly I would say with this kit I would need to dye every 3-4 weeks.

on 9/25/2010 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the only at-home hair color that I've used for the past 3 years - once was enough to get me hooked!
I typically use the 6A Light Ash Brown color, it looks amazing on my hair. This dye always leaves my hair looking shiny and while the dye itself is a little drying, the conditioner that comes with it is extremely rich and makes my hair soft. The color always looks wonderful and I get a lot of compliments.
I don't like the comb attachment, I just squirt it with the nozzle into my hands and run it through my hair that way, and I haven't had any problems. I usually leave it on for about 15 minutes rather than the recommended 10, so the color comes out a bit darker but that's the way I like it. The smell isn't bad but it's very strong, and usually it stays in my towel for a few days.
The only bad thing about this dye is the fading. Granted, I should probably be using color-safe shampoo and conditioner, and I'm very hard on my hair, but even with weekly treatments of the included conditioner, I find the color fades quite fast. I notice a fade after as soon as 4 weeks, and after 6 it's definitely faded. It fades to a very strange orange-y color on me, which I find odd since the dye itself is an ashy brown. All that means is that I need to keep up with the dyeing a little more diligently than usual, which isn't bad - even at $9 a box, it's still cheaper than salon coloring.
I'll continue to buy this again and again, and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good at-home hair dye.