Sebastian Penetraitt Deep Strengthening Repair Masque

4.6

Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Simmondsia Chinesis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Oryza Sativa Bran Oil (Rice)

I don't know what I think about this. It didn't really do anything special or I just had my hopes up. My friend is using this and when I was going to style her hair I was amazed about the quality and softness. She told me she used this, so I immediately went and bought it. I've gone through a whole tube now and I'm not sure about it at all. I feel like my Redken Extreme products and Joico K-Pak reconstructor is way better.

Wouldn't recommend this. If you want to repair your hair, look up Redken Extreme and Joico K-Pak instead.

on 10/21/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ever since I have been using this, my hair has never been softer and hassnt been falling out as muh, especially in the shower.
I have very very thick and curly hair, and now when I straighten my hair, it is soft as hell
LOVE IT

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite deep conditioner! I color my hair often and also have insanely thick dry hair and an oily scalp. This is the only deep conditioner that leaves my hair soft and healthy! I will never use anything else! I will apply to my ringed out hair focusing on my ends then the bleached streaks and place my hair in a clip while finishing the rest of my shower tasks. Then I rinse in freezing water to help keep my red intact and to help seal up the conditioner.

on 2/10/2014 6:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I don't get where all these positive reviews are coming from!! This stuff is totally mediocre!!! I have dry/damaged hair, and was looking for a product to put some moisture back in my hair. Penetraitt sounded like it would do the trick. It didn't. I washed and applied this to my hair and let it sit for way beyond the recommended 3-5 minutes before rinsing out. When I blow dried my hair, it was as if I hadn't even used a conditioner. It looked dry and fried, and did not add any moisture or softness. This may be good for those with normal or oily hair, or those just looking for a simple conditioner for your hair, but if you have damaged and dry hair as I do, skip this one! I returned it and got my 15 bucks back!!

on 10/6/2013 11:46:00 PM

This is the only hair product to have ever changed my life. Usually when I wake up in the morning I have to straighten my hair because it becomes so frizzy and unruly but with this I only need to gloss a serum over it and I'm good to go. Makes your hair feel healthier , shinier and just overall more tamed. The ONLY product to have changed my life.

on 4/7/2013 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this based on the reviews on MakeUpAlley. It is the BEST treatment I have ever tried and I think I may have spent a kings ransom in treatments over the years. I applied it on wet hair and it put in a bun thinking that I would wash it out in about 10 minutes as directed. Well, after doing housework, ironing, running errands and cooking dinner, I completely forgot that I had it in my hair. Ten hours later... I know..... I rinsed my hair and honestly, I now have the softest hair I ever had. Frizzies - gone, dryness and brittleness - gone. This is the best treatment ever and all I can say is you will not regret purchasing it. I purchased here in Australia where the 500 mls costs $60AUD!!!!!!! (you girls in the US have no idea how much we have to pay for all cosmetics). Nonetheless, I will continue to use it is the ony product that delivers! Love it.

My hair simply loves this mask. I started using it once a week, but since the condition of my hair improved a lot with it, I am using it only once each 2-3 weeks for maintenance. It is a little time consuming, and it's hard to review this product apart from the shampoo and the conditioner, but here is what I do:

First of all, I wash my hair with an anti-residue shampoo and follow with the Penetraitt shampoo. Then, towel dry, detangle and apply the mask. Massage the mask along the hair and leave it for one hour or so. It needs heat to be activated, so anytime in between applying the mask and rinsing it, I blow dry for 10-15 minutes. Wait until my head cools down and get into the shower, rinse the mask and apply the Penetraitt conditioner.

The overall result is amazing: it leaves my hair soft and shiny, controls the frizzes and repairs the heat damage (I blow dry every day). The smell is good, clean, just a little fruity when wet, but the fruity scent doesn't linger after the hair is dry. It just smells clean.

The mask itself is great, but I do believe that combining it with the shampoo and the conditioner between the treatments helps a lot. I don't use them every single wash, I alternate it with my other shampoos, just because since my hair is very fine, they can weigh it down if used every wash.

on 8/25/2012 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

well it is is nice mask. It makes my hair soft, takes off some of the freeze, looking it healthier. But i use elseve masks as daily conditioner which i buy from supermarket and they make the trick and i will be paying much lower.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is always included in my regimen whenever I need a protein treatment. It softens and gives me healthy looking hair. You don't need to use too much and it works with or without heat. I can actually feel a big difference when I use it. It is pricey but a tube has lasted me for months now. I look forward to getting the drench conditioner next.

on 8/8/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love, love, love this product.

It is hands down the best conditioning masque I have ever used. I had Sebastian Drench before because my mom bought it for me at a salon and bought herself Penetraitt because she has colored hair. When I ran out of Drench I tried her Penetraitt and was so blown away by it I had to go out and buy my own. I am very rarely blown away by hair products because so often they seem to do the same thing no matter how expensive or pretty they are or what they claim to do. This is different.

Bottom line: it makes your hair unbelievably soft and is well worth the price.

Popular Hair Treatments