Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente

Filtered by age: 25-29

1.5

Notes: Myrrh essence, tonka bean, benzoin; myrrh resin, guaiacum wood, vetiver; absolute essence of beeswax.

This fragrance opens with myrrh framed by benzoin and tonca bean. The three notes complement each other very well; the accord is sweet but balanced, the myrrh adds a certain dry resinous quality to it that prevents the composition to smell like vanilla pudding or ice cream. As the fragrance progresses the vanillic impression diminished and I detect a faint trace of liquorice which I donít know where it stems form. Quite linear from this point on, the fragrance is interesting and quite pleasing to smell. Despite the foody connotation it is not gourmand, as the smokey quality of the myrrh prevents that. From the middevelopment on, this fragrance vaguely reminds me of Ambre Soie, but Myrrh Ardente is definitely sweeter. It is a nice fragrance but not for me. Last 6 hours on my skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My dear God! The stench!!! I would never, ever, EVER in a million years wear this perfume again. I bought it off of eBay, three samples for a couple of bucks .. The horror when I tried it on! It smells a LOT worse than the greenest Wunderbaum ever .. I'm still in shock. This doesn't even deserve to be called perfume. It's more of an abomination!

Popular Fragrances