3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

It is a nice warm brown with red shimmer. I like the color because although it is quite dark but the red tone makes it very classy and feminine. It takes 3 coats to be opaque for my nails, and with Essies, I expect to apply multiple coats anyway. I enjoy this bottle of polish much. In reality, I don't think I buy any polishes twice. I would use this up and would def try this type of color again.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

Gorgeous! This is a deep, almost blackened auburn shade, with some deep burgundy/red shimmer. It's slightly glowy (the shimmer isn't very obvious), and very sexy! The color is deep, but you can still tell it's a deep, deep red. The one con about this polish is that it's quite sheer and takes 4 coats to build it to opacity. I get around this by applying a one-coater polish in a similar shade first (lately I've been using OPI Fondue of You for underwear), then applying Decadent Diva over top, using one or two coats (depending on how patient I am feeling :). So beautiful! This color also looks great with my pale, olive toned skin.

About reviewer (713 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

looks horrible with one coat but after you get it opaque its pretty. It is a very deep brown black red. The shimmer is not as noticeable as in the bottle. Part of the Fall 2007 collection.

About reviewer (278 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

9 years ago

Love the color. It looks nice and luxe and pretty against my alabaster skin. I'm really loving these darker colors and I like this brownish/purpley thing going on. What I don't care for is that it takes three to four coats to get the color perfectly opague. It goes on really sheer for the first two coats. I'm lazy when it comes to my nails. If I am not getting a mani, I don't want to spend a ton of time going over and over and over and over my nails with the polish to reach the height of perfection. I would buy this again though because I love the color!

About reviewer (211 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

3.0

9 years ago

I picked this up in clearance at Ulta for 3 dollars. I definitely thought the color would look amazing on because it looked so chic in the bottle! In the bottle its a deep chocolately/redish/purpish mix. First coat, It was completely the opposite of good! It was super super sheer (which is not cute in a murky purple brown). I was not inpressed. After four coats and Seche Vite, I will admit It looks very much like the color in the bottle and I love the color. Would I buy it again, no. It is just too much work to get to the final product!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

10 years ago

Wow all the hate reviews are very surprising and makes me sad ;( Because this cool/warm (a little neutral maybe?) combo dark chocolate with the warm tiny red gold shimmas...... absolutely ROCKS! Yes, the formula is not perfect.... but its just like all the other Essies...IMO. (IMO, only OPIs are perfect) But, the end product is so worth it!!! I get my chocolaty ...sultry... diva esque...color like this..... 1). apply 2 thin coats of my base (OPI Envy Matte or N.Tk II Foundation)) 2). 2-3 good layers of lacquer(2 for me as I always apply good medium layers) 4) a fast dry top coat( Seche, works fast, just make sure you apply all the way down the edges, almost under nail, cuz it shrinks polish) ...then your set This is an extremely seductive lacquer. I too wanted OPI E.Y.S, coud not find it and fund this and I love it. Its a dark chocolate brown, maybe a slight tinge of plum, and has some light reddish gold shimmers underneath. Perfect for fall and winter

About reviewer (189 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2.0

11 years ago

A little bit redder than i wanted, but still a nice color. However, it takes forever to dry and has zero shine without a top coat.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

I really don't understand the negative reviews for this because it's a gorgeous color and looks great against my medium olive skintone!! I love using this color for a pedicure or on short nails for the colder months. It's a sophisticated plummy brown with a deep red sheen and has this great dimension to it, which is what makes it such a unique shade IMO. I like that it's not just an oridinary chocolate brown. Didn't streak for me (usually Essie is too streaky for me) and I got a rich color in two coats. If you are as big of a fan as I am of dark sophisticated vampy nails, you need this polish!

About reviewer (98 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

11 years ago

=( Thought this was suppose to be a pretty purple brown with subtle shimmers. It looked absolutely gorgeous in the bottle and when first applied. However it was very difficult to apply evenly and took at least three coats. I did it at night and after waiting 20 or so minutes, I got ready for bed and went to sleep. Woke up the next morning and there were sheet prints imprinted into my nails! Takes forever to dry!! Nails looked incredibly dull the next day, not glossy at all. Overall weird polish. Am disappointed in this one.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive

12 years ago

Wow, this is a beautiful true brown, I will be going back and buying another bottle of this

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55