Almay Almay Truly Lasting Color longwear makeup

Almay Almay Truly Lasting Color longwear makeup

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (3.3%), Zinc Oxide (2.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Nylon 12, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trisiloxane, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract (Sweet Almond), Laminaria Japonica Extract, Nereocycstis Leutkeana Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium, Potassium, Trihydroxystearin, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract (Lemon), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methicone, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Silica, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Sorbitol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

I went to buy my normal makeup and both types didn't have my color so I saw that this makeup had my color. I have never used this brand of foundation before and I never will after my experience. This makeup was zero coverage, broke me out and was heavy without heavy coverage. Awful. I will never buy again.

2/6/2017- using the shade sand #260
Wow! I usually ONLY use tinted moisturizers because I believed foundations made me look too cakey and whatnot. I picked this up on a whim (I usually don't buy Almay) and WOW- I'm so glad I did! Comes with a pump and the packaging is actually great and looks professional! The color blended in beautifully and DEFINITELY lasts all day for me. I usually ALWAYS have greasies and have to reapply powder but this stuff STAYS on. not kidding, it looks the same in the morning as it did at lunch. Has SPF which is a major plus and I definitely think you could get away without wearing powder, although I have yet to try. Looks natural, medium coverage, and THANK GOD a drugstore foundation came with a pump!

A little goes a LONG way. it IS a bit thick when it first came out, but it's very blendable and doesn't look cakey! I know it'd seem like it would be gross & thick, it's NOT!

Goodbye, Tinted moisturizers, Almay has my heart.

Update: While I love this produt & would recommend, I did notice horrible flaking, especially near my acne which was noticeable & embarassing. Maybe I should just use a more nourishing SPF moisturizer, but if you have dry skin, I'd suggest to thoroughly moisturize before putting this on and/or avoiding it during winter months! Still a great product:)
Update in 2017: I don't know why it flaked so bad on me back in the day, but I use this now exclusively and it's great! Amazing coverage!

This foundation was a huge fail for me. It looked like a mask on my skin. This did not blend into the skin very well. Overall it looked unnatural and I returned it.

on 1/14/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I had a few cystic blemishes and a whole lot of dark spots and scars prior to using this..and I couldn't figure out why for a while why I was continually breaking out. My skin did not react well to this formulation, it truly does lasts on my skin but that was also the problem. Trying to remove this was a nightmare, within 2 days of not using this I stopped breaking out. I think that if you don't have sensitive acne prone skin, this could be a very good foundation. It was a great colour match, good medium coverage and long wearing.

Yesterday, I tried this foundation for the first time & I'm compelled to write a review about it. I have oily skin with scarring, acne & discoloration. I'm a fan of ELDW, but currently I'm on a budget & cant afford it right now. Also, DW is too tight on my skin & feels like I'm wearing a mask. Almay TLC 140 coupled with Physicians RX concealer (fair light) is a gorgeous finish (medium coverage) that looks like high end product. Almay TLC lasts 10 hours for me & feels clean & fresh on my face. I believe this product is underrated. After I wore it yesterday, I wanted to inform every woman with oily skin & blemishes about it because it's an amazing product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really does last. I worked hard today and it did not budge. I have dry skin so I recommend a moisturizer before applying. Good find at a good DS price.

I am not loyal to brands and usually switch between a dozen foundations. But last week my reminder pops up for reordering my 6th bottle of Almay TLC foundation. Wow! That's almost a record for me!

My skin was pretty much ruined by hormone imbalance. Most people experience that during adolescence. I, being a late bloomer, experience that after 40. Once like porcelain, now my t zone is plagued by pores as large as coarse sand resembling mini oil wells. In warm weather, my makeup would melt in 10 minutes. With setting power, 20, tops. In my arsenals, there are about five long wearing foundations. But my oily skin would cause them to turn orange, and then melt off my face. Almay TLC in Buff allows me to walk from my car to indoors without turning into a pumpkin face. It's a perfect match for my skin including my neck and hands. So naturally I reach for this foundation on warm days when I want a quick and simple routine. I always use light moisturizer first (with sunscreen), add moisture to my cheekbone where its dry, stipple the foundation on thinly with a dense flat foundation brush, and add a very thin dusting of HD powder over it. I have never use a foundation without any moisturizer. But given this foundation is drying, I imaging it may be hard to spread without adequate moisturizer.

Why not use this every day? Well, although Almay TLC stay true to my skin, it does not look as nice as some of my other foundations. It is a simple foundation without ingredients to help my skin feel better. My light application does not cover as well so discoloration shows. It does not make my skin look better because it's kind of flat. It shows every flakes and intensifies any lines. And it does not last all day. But it does help even out my skin tone. And with a little bronzer and blush, I'm more presentable with minimum effort. If anyone is looking for anything above, that Almay TLC is not, one is bound to be disappointed.

I try to use foundations with good-for-my-skin ingredients on cold winter days. But for our warm California days, Almay TLC will be in my rotation for a while until something better comes along, or until my skin changes again.

What to say about this foundation?
I honestly didn't notice anything significant that makes this stand out from the others.
The blend ability is good,doesn't irritate skin and leaves a semi matte finish. The coverage is medium.
This doesn't last all day and transfers while sweating.
A mediocre foundation at best.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this as a replacement for Carmindy's Foundation through Sally Hansen which was the first foundation I ever had besides (expensive Clinique) that did not cause my skin to break out or clog my pores. Unfortunately Carmindy's Foundation got removed from all of the stores, and I had to go looking for something else. Luckily, I tried this and it has worked out well for my skin which is extremely sensitive. I don't think it was quite as nice as the Carmindy one but its close. The main thing is, I hate heavy oily foundation or anything so powdery it just gets into your pores and clogs them.This foundation is not like that. I would say it gives moderate coverage so if your skin is in pretty decent shape to begin with, this will probably work ok for you. I have had no issues with it being cakey whatsoever. To me it's a little on the expensive side but then I pretty much feel like a lot of stuff is expensive now a days! If you can wait till you have a coupon or its on sale, I'd do that.

on 11/28/2015 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Because my skin has gotten even oilier (argh!), I had to dump my favorite makeup and my old standby Colorstay's reformulation doesn't have the same staying power, so I went through drug store and some department store brands, with Truly Lasting Color being the last one I tried. To my surprise, it became my new regular foundation. It finishes medium coverage with a satin sheen, without being dewy or chalky, and really lasts. Where the others start greasing away now after a couple hours, this stays on for 8 hours with a light dusting of setting powder and a touch up at lunch time. I think if I were still just oily instead of REALLY oily, I wouldn't even need to touch up. Most importantly, it doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. I don't know if it lasts 16 hours, but with how greasy I've become, I'm happy with the 8 or so hours I get. I take away one lippy because the shade range is very limited so I have to mix two of the shades to get the right one, and because trying to build it up for full coverage usually results in caking. But for us oily girls who want medium coverage in the fair to medium range, this is a very viable, affordable option to try.